PDA

View Full Version : Troy Hudson: Next Season is Up in Air

ducks
07-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Troy Hudson: Next Season is Up in Air

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Update: Minnesota is unsure if Hudson will be healthy enough to play this season and are working on a timetable to evaluate his surgically-repaired ankle. Hudson isn't working out with team trainers because of a lack of trust with the organization. "When he goes to work for them, they push him to do more than he feels he's ready to do," Hudson's agent Bill Neff told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "There's certainly wariness on both sides."

Recommendation: Neff says Hudson should be able to return in mid-August from offseason rehab on his surgically-repaired ankle. Hudson wants to come back and play but the T-Wolves would rather he retire so they can clear the remaining portion of his six-year, $36 million contract from the salary cap. This issue could be headed for a conflict later this summer if Hudson's ankle doesn't return to full strength.

NBA Junkie
07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Hudson won't play another game in a Wolves uniform. He'd rather produce another crappy rap album than play basketball again.

This clown sprained his right ankle close to 3 years ago and he claims that he never fully recovered? Why is it then, that he played 79 games in '05 and 36 more in '06? I'll tell you why. It's because the six-year deal he signed two years ago was incentive laden where his contract was guaranteed if he played a certain amount of games over a two year period. IIRC, his contract may be voided after this season if he fails to play at least 50-60 games.

Just another bad personnel move by Wolves GM Kevin McHale, and another reason why the Wolves are still the NBA's biggest laughingstock.

ahmyplace
07-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Hudson won't play another game in a Wolves uniform. He'd rather produce another crappy rap album than play basketball again.

This clown sprained his right ankle close to 3 years ago and he claims that he never fully recovered? Why is it then, that he played 79 games in '05 and 36 more in '06? I'll tell you why. It's because the six-year deal he signed two years ago was incentive laden where his contract was guaranteed if he played a certain amount of games over a two year period. IIRC, his contract may be voided after this season if he fails to play at least 50-60 games.

Just another bad personnel move by Wolves GM Kevin McHale, and another reason why the Wolves are still the NBA's biggest laughingstock.

thats too bad. why wuold he awnt to do that? he gets paid to play Timberwolves doesnt he?

George Gervin's Afro
07-31-2006, 08:36 AM

I feel for KG. I am not sure who is a worse GM Isiah Thoms or Kevin McHale.

NBA Junkie
07-31-2006, 09:06 AM
I feel for KG. I am not sure who is a worse GM Isiah Thoms or Kevin McHale.

I don't think we'll know for sure until the Wolves and Knicks make a trade if both guys are still around.