PDA

View Full Version : Two days, two holes-in-one on same hole for Lubbock golfer

Solid D
07-31-2006, 12:36 AM
:wow :wow :wow

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2534970

Updated: July 31, 2006, 12:32 AM ET
Two days, two holes-in-one for Lubbock golferAssociated Press

LUBBOCK, Texas -- A Lubbock insurance agent playing in a weekend tournament followed up his first hole-in-one with another one a day later.

On the same hole.

Using the same club.

"I've never even heard of such a thing," said Jack North, managing director of the Rawls Course, where Danny Leake accomplished the feat.

Leake, 53, aced the sixth hole Saturday with a 5-iron from 174 yards. He aced the same hole with the same club from 178 yards in Sunday's final round.

Leake, who has a 14 handicap and was seeded in one of the tournament's lowest flights, quickly became the talk of the clubhouse.

"My 5-iron is becoming my favorite club," Leake was quoted as saying in Monday's editions of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. He said he was more than satisfied with his ace Saturday and had no thought of repeating the shot.

Leake went on to win the sixth flight with a score of 87-84-85--256.

"I've always wanted to make a hole-in-one, but I'm nowhere near as good a golfer as most of the people [at the tournament]. That's what make this whole thing crazy," Leake said. "I'll probably never hit another one as long as I live, but I'm OK with that."

Leake was playing at the Texas Tech Rawls Course club championship.

TDMVPDPOY
07-31-2006, 12:39 AM
any holes a goal