PDA

View Full Version : Red Wings sign Dominik Hasek

DarkReign
07-31-2006, 10:45 AM
1 year deal. Will be announced at noon ET.

Wonky deal, IMO.

Vizzini
07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
If they get him on the cheap w/ incentives tied in, then I'm cool with it, but if it takes up a huge chunk of their cap, then I'm gonna be a little ticked that his contract will prevent them from making any significant moves at this season trading deadline. His #'s were pretty good last year before the injury. If he stays healthy and plays like last year, then Ken Holland made a good move.

DarkReign
07-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I hope its a successful run again. Hasek rules and brought in a whole new style to the game!!!!!!!

No question, he definately delivered in 02. Hopefully, he can stay healthy.

Im pessimistic.

Vizzini
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Im pessimistic.

As all Wing's fans should be. Until they reach the Conference Finals, I will always be pessimistic. No matter who they get or what they do in the regular season, they always seem to take a huge dump come playoff time. Until the Stanley Cup is close and seriously on the radar screen, we all should be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

DarkReign
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
As all Wing's fans should be. Until they reach the Conference Finals, I will always be pessimistic. No matter who they get or what they do in the regular season, they always seem to take a huge dump come playoff time. Until the Stanley Cup is close and seriously on the radar screen, we all should be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Amen.

Vizzini
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
the 7th and 8th ranked teams have your number the past 10 years. :lol

They will almost be better off to sacrifice the division this year, platoon Hasek and Osgood equally to keep the Dominator healthy (hopefully) for the playoffs and go in w/ lower expectations and a lower seed. This way they will only have to pay for one banner if/when they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.

DarkReign
07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
This way they will only have to pay for one banner if/when they reach the Stanley Cup Finals.

:lmao

I still think the Wings contend for the President's trophy one way or the other. Our forward units are getting very young and very fast, a perfect recipe in the (new) NHL.

Finally get to see the youngins play regularly. Hudler has done all he can in the AHL, as has Kopecky, Bootland and others. Now, they get a real shot at the big leagues.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-31-2006, 02:33 PM
no shanahan or yzerman you guys jst lost your number 1 spot in the west