PDA

View Full Version : Randolph of Trail Blazers might face a criminal charges

ducks
08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Zach Randolph of the Portland Trail Blazers might face a criminal charge

Randolph, brother both facing charges

ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) -- Zach Randolph of the Portland Trail Blazers might face a criminal charge for misleading police officers investigating the shootings of three men on a nightclub dance floor, a prosecutor said Monday.

The NBA forward's brother, Roger Randolph, faces preliminary charges of criminal recklessness in connection with the shootings early Sunday.

A police spokesman said Sunday that Zach Randolph had cooperated with detectives during questioning as a witness to the shootings.

However, Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings said the player had told investigators he did not know who did the shooting, while other witnesses said he was holding his brother while Roger Randolph fired a gun.

"I think there's a good chance Zach Randolph is going to be charged with a crime as well," Cummings told The Associated Press. "I would certainly say he's being investigated for false informing or assisting a criminal."

Zach Randolph, 23, does not have a listed telephone number in his nearby hometown of Marion. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment from his agent, Raymond Brothers.

"The last conversation I had with the authorities, I was being told that he was a cooperative witness, he was not being charged with anything," said Mike Hanson, a spokesman for the Blazers.

Hanson said Monday afternoon that he had spoken with "someone in the police department" in Anderson just a few hours earlier.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...h.ap/index.html)