PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker will be a top 5 WR by the end of the season..

TheTruth
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Book it..

Several pass plays highlighted this morning's workout. New receiver Javon Walker was spectacular and showed no signs of the torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered last September while playing for the Green Bay Packers. Fellow starting receiver Rod Smith also looked crisp and both meshed well with starting quarterback Jake Plummer, who is quietly having a strong camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4118191

ABDENOUR POWER
07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Broncos + Javon = Super Bowl

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Broncos + Javon - Plummer = Super Bowledited

Guru of Nothing
07-31-2006, 08:00 PM
How do you become a top five WR "by the end of the season?"

Does this involve extrapolation?

johngateswhiteley
08-01-2006, 02:13 AM
...no, i don't think so.

1. steve smith
2. chad johnson
3. marvin harrison
4. randy moss
5. t.o. (the fucking cocksucker)
6. larry fitzgerald
7. anquan boldin
8. santana moss

...are all better, imo. btw, these are not rankings....just numbered off. i think walker might be able to be a top 10 wr, though.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Look for Vincent Jackson of the Chargers to bust out this year.

slayermin
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM
...no, i don't think so.

1. steve smith
2. chad johnson
3. marvin harrison
4. randy moss
5. t.o. (the fucking cocksucker)
6. larry fitzgerald
7. anquan boldin
8. santana moss

...are all better, imo. btw, these are not rankings....just numbered off. i think walker might be able to be a top 10 wr, though.

Nice list. I would squeeze Torry Holt in there, somewhere.

exstatic
08-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Randy Moss has the talent, but he hasn't been top 5 for at least two seasons. He's been dinged a lot, and in the wrong system, two WR stat killlers.

ducks
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
looked good yesterday

TheSanityAnnex
09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
plummer is still the QB.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
He's much more talented then I had thought.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Plummer is a regular season QB. In the playoffs he gets beat at home by a fucking wild card team. He is anti-clutch.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Plummer is a regular season QB. In the playoffs he gets beat at home by a fucking wild card team. He is anti-clutch.

Every team in last years AFC playoffs got beat by a wildcard team while playing at home.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:01 PM

But you're right though, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in him to get the job done when the game is on the line.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Every team in last years AFC playoffs got beat by a wildcard team while playing at home.
The Colts and Broncos are both anti-clutch.

The Bengals lost because Pittsburgh took a cheap shot at their QBs knee and put him out. Pittsburgh would have lost otherwise I believe.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:07 PM

The Bengals lost because Pittsburgh took a cheap shot at their QBs knee and put him out. Pittsburgh would have lost otherwise I believe.

I think last year the Steelers were destined to win the super bowl. And it wasn't a cheap shot, it was unfortunate, but not a cheap shot.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I think last year the Steelers were destined to win the super bowl. And it wasn't a cheap shot, it was unfortunate, but not a cheap shot.
When a DL goes low... looks at the guy's knee... and drives right through it - IT is a cheap shot. Palmer is a class guy and didn't call it out for what it was, but it was a cheap shot. I saw it... easy call.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
When a DL goes low... looks at the guy's knee... and drives right through it - IT is a cheap shot. Palmer is a class guy and didn't call it out for what it was, but it was a cheap shot. I saw it... easy call.

But seriously, do you think he was thinking "take out his knees", I don't think so. Just my opinion though, I may be giving to much credit where it's not due.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:12 PM

I agree about Palmer though, he's tough not to root for.

BeerIsGood!
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM
But seriously, do you think he was thinking "take out his knees", I don't think so. Just my opinion though, I may be giving to much credit where it's not due.
I don't think he thought about tearing his ligaments and completely wrecking the knee, but I do think he wanted to put him in a little pain, and give him something to think about. A bad decision in the heat of battle (and he may have wished he didn't do it after the play), but definitely a cheap, low blow.

johngateswhiteley
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM

pitts would have definitely lost. roths is a choker...when will people realize this!!! he has never been a good qb; does he manage some games well....sure, does he ever really win games or important ones...no! pitts wins b/c they have a great defense and great running game. thats it.

ever notice when roths throws over 25 times he sucks; thats not the mark of a good qb.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
pitts would have definitely lost. roths is a choker...when will people realize this!!! he has never been a good qb; does he manage some games well....sure, does he ever really win games or important ones...no! pitts wins b/c they have a great defense and great running game. thats it.

I agree with you on everything here except the "pitts would have definitely lost"......that's just a dumb argument, they didn't lose so that's that. NFL games have people get injured all the time, it's part of the game, if you can't overcome someones injury then you weren't the better team.
This is the very reason I try not to use the Elway would have won more if he played in SF argument. Well, he never played there so you can't argue theories.

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh, and yes, Big Ben is overrated.

johngateswhiteley
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I agree with you on everything here except the "pitts would have definitely lost"......that's just a dumb argument, they didn't lose so that's that. NFL games have people get injured all the time, it's part of the game, if you can't overcome someones injury then you weren't the better team.
This is the very reason I try not to use the Elway would have won more if he played in SF argument. Well, he never played there so you can't argue theories.

1. i disagree: all the momentum was with cincy, cincy was at home, and cincy still played well with kitna

2. i completely disagree with your second statement; that makes zero sense

A. if manning goes down indy cannot win, if LT goes down San Diego cannot win, if any teams marquee player goes down they just won't beat other good teams. i'd love to see the rose bowl last year and t.u. be without vyoung...that game would have been a HUGE blowout

johnsmith
09-25-2006, 03:48 PM
1. i disagree: all the momentum was with cincy, cincy was at home, and cincy still played well with kitna

2. i completely disagree with your second statement; that makes zero sense

A. if manning goes down indy cannot win, if LT goes down San Diego cannot win, if any teams marquee player goes down they just won't beat other good teams. i'd love to see the rose bowl last year and t.u. be without vyoung...that game would have been a HUGE blowout

You're right. My "better team" statement was dumb. However, I still don't like the "what would have happened" argument. It didn't happen, so that's the way it is, period. (again, adding emphasis by saying period and then typing one seems redundant)

johngateswhiteley
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
You're right. My "better team" statement was dumb. However, I still don't like the "what would have happened" argument. It didn't happen, so that's the way it is, period. (again, adding emphasis by saying period and then typing one seems redundant)

well, i'll give you that. pitts did, in fact, win. and while nobody can say Cincy would have definitely won, you're right, i think they would have.

TheTruth
11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
bump??

scott
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
I only drafted him in my fantasy league because of this thread.

TheTruth
11-05-2006, 07:24 PM
I only started this thread so you would draft him for your fantasy team.

katyon6th
11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I had no doubt.

LEONARD
11-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Walker pulled my game out for me this week... :fro

johngateswhiteley
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Walker is nasty, i have him in 2 of my 3 leagues. i can't believe his #s cause Plummer is his QB.