PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh Audience are very knowledgeable....

gtownspur
08-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Limbaugh audience are very knowledgeable according to the Pew Research study.. despite what NBAdunce would like you to believe.

[URL=http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?PageID=1068]

RandomGuy
08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Fascinating bit that.

age=education generally, and Rush Limbaugh has an older demographic that is predominantly male.

Since males tend to follow "hard news" (aka non-fluff) this is unsurprising.

I would further point out that People who watch Fox "News" tend to be the least educated and least informed.

NPR, one of my favorites, is pretty high up there, as is the Daily Show.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Do they know how to post links?

Nbadan
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
they aren't very knowledgeable at posting links.

Nbadan
08-01-2006, 02:18 PM
age=education generally, and Rush Limbaugh has an older demographic that is predominantly male.

Not surprising at all considering older men who tend to like politics also tend to be more conservative, although I would argue that Limpballs hardly represents true conservative values. Also, most men are busy working, so they don't have time to dig into political issues, and are more likely to fall for the spin from Limpballs and other wingnut talkshow hosts. Case in point - gtown.

RandomGuy
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM

:lol

Links are for bleeding heart liberals.

Real men cut and paste URLs.

sickdsm
08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Fascinating bit that.

I would further point out that People who watch Fox "News" tend to be the least educated and least informed.

NPR, one of my favorites, is pretty high up there, as is the Daily Show.

Daily show means very little.

College students watch comedy. If Family Guy was considered a political show would it be in the same boat? Its scary that students who never read a paper and pick and choose what news content they get (anyone who gets there news soley from the internet is narrow minded to some extent) are shaped by a guy who uses a very easily followed gimmick to get laughs.

Liberals tend to view both NPR and Daily Show as unbiased, middle of the road views. MOTR people tend to view them as liberal.

RandomGuy
08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Daily show means very little.

College students watch comedy. If Family Guy was considered a political show would it be in the same boat? Its scary that students who never read a paper and pick and choose what news content they get (anyone who gets there news soley from the internet is narrow minded to some extent) are shaped by a guy who uses a very easily followed gimmick to get laughs.

Liberals tend to view both NPR and Daily Show as unbiased, middle of the road views. MOTR people tend to view them as liberal.

I know NPR is liberal, as is the Daily Show. They are also both better at actually informing about things than most talking heads on the right that are more concerned with pumping up their own egos and demogogery than anything else.

I do watch right-wing stuff and see something newsworthy on occasion, but it is like fishing around in a sewer with ones bare hands for a gold ring.

I would be very interested to see a side by side comparison of a hundred hours of NPR and a hundred hours of Rush Limbaugh. I would be willing to bet that after all is said and done, NPR would be the hands-down winner in terms of amount of information related.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I would be very interested to see a side by side comparison of a hundred hours of NPR and a hundred hours of Rush Limbaugh. I would be willing to bet that after all is said and done, NPR would be the hands-down winner in terms of amount of information related.

and truth related too.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Colbert Report >>> Daily Show and is much more conservative too, its like the bastard ginger son of fox news

Extra Stout
08-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Colbert Report >>> Daily Show and is much more conservative too,
:lmao

Were you the guy who booked Colbert for the Presidential roast?

Extra Stout
08-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I know NPR is liberal, as is the Daily Show. They are also both better at actually informing about things than most talking heads on the right that are more concerned with pumping up their own egos and demogogery than anything else.

Actually...

studies show NPR isn't all that liberal.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Actually...

studies show NPR isn't all that liberal.

Yep, I think the BBC takes the reward for most liberal. NPR is rather moderate.

sickdsm
08-05-2006, 01:36 PM

I do watch right-wing stuff and see something newsworthy on occasion, but it is like fishing around in a sewer with ones bare hands for a gold ring.

Worthless source of info if its slanted. Its no wonder that it takes the rest of our lives of real world experiences to undo liberal college ideals pumped into the youth.

exstatic
08-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Oxymoron (or would that be Oxycontin Moron? :lol) : Smart Dittohead

Mr Dio
08-06-2006, 10:24 PM

:lol

Mr Dio
08-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Limbaugh audience are very knowledgeable according to the Pew Research study.. despite what NBAdunce would like you to believe.

[URL=http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?PageID=1068]

Is that supposed to be "Limbaugh audiences are very knowledgeable" OR "Limbaugh audience is very knowledgeable"

You are a serious DUMBASS!
What school did you go to? :lol

Mr Dio
08-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Seriously?
Did yoiu graduate high school numbnuts????

gtownspur
08-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Seriously?
Did yoiu graduate high school numbnuts????

:lol i know that screw up wasn't done on purpose.

Oh, sorry I forgot to capitalize the I in the sentence. Go fuck yourself.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Oxymoron (or would that be Oxycontin Moron? :lol) : Smart Dittohead

Brilliant!!! :lol

Mr Dio
08-07-2006, 03:35 PM
:lol i know that screw up wasn't done on purpose.

Oh, sorry I forgot to capitalize the I in the sentence. Go fuck yourself.

Do you think it's easy to type while watching your mom dress like Adolf Hitler while she asks me to spank her? :lol
Are you still hurt about being molested by your Daddy when you were young GayTown? :lol

gtownspur
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Go about your daddy buttfuck fantasies in the club forum.

Mr Dio
08-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Go about your daddy buttfuck fantasies in the club forum.

Did I hit a nerve Gaytown?? :lmao

gtownspur
08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Did I hit a nerve Gaytown?? :lmao

No mr dio, keep doing what you were doing, it was just your teething on my shaft, that's all. GOod boy. :lol

Spurminator
08-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I listen to NPR pretty frequently and the only time I really notice a liberal bias is when they have listeners call in.

Anyway, while the Limbaugh audience may be knowledgeable as a whole, I would guess that anyone who listens to the show as their sole source of "News" is probably doing nothing to help the average intelligence of the listenership... and that goes for anyone who thinks the Daily Show is a good source for News as well.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Libs hate a conservative with a sense of humor almost as much as they love thinking they are the intelligentsia of the US.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Is that supposed to be "Limbaugh audiences are very knowledgeable" OR "Limbaugh audience is very knowledgeable"

You are a serious DUMBASS!
What school did you go to? :lol
The word "audience" is a collective noun and can be either singular or plural.

What school did you go to?

gtownspur
08-07-2006, 06:23 PM

Don't insult his lack of intelligence.(notice i didnt say intelligence)

He has an arsenal of lame yo mama jokes that he will unleash.

Complete waste of one's time.

gtown's dad
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
We just love Rush, My son and I listen to him all the time, in bed.

sickdsm
08-07-2006, 07:25 PM
You have a small penus.

...........Your mom.

newbie.

There. Now we've officially covered all the moronic internet comebacks in this thread.

Oh, GTFO and pwned also.

Nbadan
08-08-2006, 02:18 AM
We just love Rush, My son and I listen to him all the time, in bed.

Actually, that just about said it all.

:vomit

RandomGuy
08-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Colbert Report >>> Daily Show and is much more conservative too, its like the bastard ginger son of fox news

:rollin

Um, no. If you think the Colbert Report is conservative, you don't get the joke.

RandomGuy
08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Yep, I think the BBC takes the reward for most liberal. NPR is rather moderate.

Yup.

NPR is a bit more liberal than most listeners will admit, but more moderate than most conservatives think.

It is a sypmtom of how extreme conservatism has gotten in this country that anything to the left of Attilla the Hun is "liberal".

Obstructed_View
08-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Yup.

NPR is a bit more liberal than most listeners will admit, but more moderate than most conservatives think.

It is a sypmtom of how extreme conservatism has gotten in this country that anything to the left of Attilla the Hun is "liberal".
It's a symptom of how extreme liberalism has gotten in this country that rooting for America's enemies and hoping for failure of US policy is considered "moderate" and that someone would compare conservatives to huns and actually be serious.

RandomGuy
08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
It's a symptom of how extreme liberalism has gotten in this country that rooting for America's enemies and hoping for failure of US policy is considered "moderate" and that someone would compare conservatives to huns and actually be serious.

1) Name or find 10 liberals that "root" for America's enemies.

The demogogues who say liberals hate America are wrong. If you want to prove your point you will have to provide a minimum of proof.

2) As a liberal I don't "hope" for US policy to fail. Quite the opposite. I really wish our policies work.

As someone who knows a bit more about the world, however, I know that they won't because they are predicated more on ignorance than facts or any kind of plan. This administration's incompetance and ignorance will doom our policies, regardless of my wishing otherwise.

3) I was using a rhetorical exaggeration, but was quite serious about the current extremist streak in conservative politics these days.

It is said that "revolutions eat their children", and we are seeing that all over again now, in as clear of a case of history repeating itself as one can ever find.

What this means is that revolutions happen when people are upset about something, such as the French about their monarchy, the Bolsheviks about the Czars or what have you.

After the revolution, the more moderate factions of that revolution are then not "revolutionary" enough for the real radicals, and cast as somehow sympathetic to "the enemy". The French "reign of terror" and the purges in post revolution USSR are good examples.

In America, we had something of a conservative backlash against the "hippy" (for wont of a better term) movement and liberal streak taken during and after the Vietnam war. The stirrings began with Reagan and the self-proclaimed "Republican revolution" led by Newt et al. lived up to its moniker. The old guard solid democrat controlled congress was replaced with ever-growing GOP majorities until today.

Now we have examples of moderates in the GOP being attacked for not being "conservative" enough, and many completely shut out of power within the GOP.

This is what I was alluding to, when I compared conservatives to "huns", and why I regard the GOP as being controlled by extremists. Your words, as well as many other conservative voices and tallking heads, do nothing but confirm this analysis with unending demogoguery of both "liberals" and any moderates unfortunate enough to be caught in the crossfire.

RandomGuy
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror

A fair description of post revolutionary France.

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM

:lmao

Whatever campus that is then you all are obviously much more :rolleyes informed than MS Word. :lol
Wow!, you have out smarted Microsoft!!!!

Go ahead & type it in there & do a grammar check.
You are toooo smart for me! :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
It's very simple. If you don't subscribe to the way this administration is choosing to fight terrorism then you want the terrorists to win and or America to lose. See this way when they f*ck up and people criticize them they can in turn be cursed as wanting America to fail.. quite silly actually..

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Don't insult his lack of intelligence.(notice i didnt say intelligence)

He has an arsenal of lame yo mama jokes that he will unleash.

Complete waste of one's time.

How sweet, you jump on your boyfriend's back & hump along with him.
Nice try girls. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2006, 02:08 PM
1) Name or find 10 liberals that "root" for America's enemies.

The demogogues who say liberals hate America are wrong. If you want to prove your point you will have to provide a minimum of proof.

2) As a liberal I don't "hope" for US policy to fail. Quite the opposite. I really wish our policies work.

As someone who knows a bit more about the world, however, I know that they won't because they are predicated more on ignorance than facts or any kind of plan. This administration's incompetance and ignorance will doom our policies, regardless of my wishing otherwise.

3) I was using a rhetorical exaggeration, but was quite serious about the current extremist streak in conservative politics these days.

It is said that "revolutions eat their children", and we are seeing that all over again now, in as clear of a case of history repeating itself as one can ever find.

What this means is that revolutions happen when people are upset about something, such as the French about their monarchy, the Bolsheviks about the Czars or what have you.

After the revolution, the more moderate factions of that revolution are then not "revolutionary" enough for the real radicals, and cast as somehow sympathetic to "the enemy". The French "reign of terror" and the purges in post revolution USSR are good examples.

In America, we had something of a conservative backlash against the "hippy" (for wont of a better term) movement and liberal streak taken during and after the Vietnam war. The stirrings began with Reagan and the self-proclaimed "Republican revolution" led by Newt et al. lived up to its moniker. The old guard solid democrat controlled congress was replaced with ever-growing GOP majorities until today.

Now we have examples of moderates in the GOP being attacked for not being "conservative" enough, and many completely shut out of power within the GOP.

This is what I was alluding to, when I compared conservatives to "huns", and why I regard the GOP as being controlled by extremists. Your words, as well as many other conservative voices and tallking heads, do nothing but confirm this analysis with unending demogoguery of both "liberals" and any moderates unfortunate enough to be caught in the crossfire.

Yes these are the same folks (talk radio circuit) that claim the dems have no room for dissenting opnions and use lieberman as an example .. they then turn around and talk of getting rid of the liberal republicans such as chafee and spector..most of these people are such blatant hypocrites they don't realize what they are saying..

RandomGuy
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Yes these are the same folks (talk radio circuit) that claim the dems have no room for dissenting opnions and use lieberman as an example .. they then turn around and talk of getting rid of the liberal republicans such as chafee and spector..most of these people are such blatant hypocrites they don't realize what they are saying..

Bingo. I couldn't think of the moderates' names, or I would have named them. Thanks.