PDA

View Full Version : Timmy limping off court

jupiterhal
08-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't live in SA. Apparantly was reported in local radio newscast. He was grabbing the left knee and limped off the court in the middle of the practice.He was also worked on by doctors. Can somebody shed more light on this ?

timvp
08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Fvck the Olympics.:cuss

KoriEllis
08-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Where do you live?

I haven't heard this, but I haven't been watching TV today.

Anyone else?

ducks
08-22-2004, 08:23 PM
this is one reason why nba pro players should not go

jupiterhal
08-22-2004, 08:23 PM
There was a video of him shown limping off court on a local TV broadcast. Got that info from another messageboard.

Emeyin
08-22-2004, 08:39 PM
well this sucks.. i hate to say this but this is the reason i don't like any of the nba players especially spurs players to be representing their countries or whatever.... i think i pretty much agree with mark cuban in this point..

tim duncan, tony parker (in the future when he plays for France) and manu ginobili will all be jacked up when the season starts... all that wear and tear playing all year round will shorten their player's careers pretty fast..

the spurs might as well hand over the nba finals trophy now..

KoriEllis
08-22-2004, 08:46 PM
the spurs might as well hand over the nba finals trophy now..

I think you are jumping the gun a little bit... or a lot.

Until I hear a medical diagnosis, I'm not worried about Duncan. He limps off the court and holds his knee, ankles, head, etc. all the time. He checks for blood 100 times if he gets hit. He's not exactly a psychological iron man in regards to getting banged around.

I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with him, but I'd like to wait and see before writing off Team USA ... and of course before writing off the Spurs season.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-22-2004, 08:51 PM
He's not exactly a psychological iron man in regards to getting banged around.

Thank you.

Tim Duncan is not a soft competitor by any means but he is a massive bitch when it comes to getting banged up. I don't think I've ever seen a guy lie on a basketball court for ten minutes after being poked in the eye.

Anyways, he's a basketball player, they're all wimps.

KoriEllis
08-22-2004, 08:53 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a guy lie on a basketball court for ten minutes after being poked in the eye.

Apparently, you didn't see the US-Turkey game. :lol I had never seen a group of players acting like the Turkish players did.

timvp
08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Very true, Princess.

After watching that Turkey game, Hedo all of a sudden made sense. Actually, it seems like Hedo is Turkey's version of Superman.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Didn't see the game, but I'll take your word for it.

Ms. Duncan gonna be ok?

Pooh
08-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Fvck the Olympics

All they have to say is "no" and they can stay home.

Sii to Me
08-22-2004, 09:37 PM
if this were a big deal then why has it not been reported anywhere else? no mention of this on any of the national Olympic coverage. Iversons fracture was all over the Sports updates the other day. I bet this is nothing. David Chancellor always overdramatizes stuff

Sii to Me
08-22-2004, 09:54 PM
I just scrolled through every AP story regarding the olympics posted today on Yahoo sports wire and no mention whatsoever about Some Duncan injury

adonis50
08-22-2004, 10:30 PM
I didn't here anything about it on the Greek tv channel that covers the Olympic events. Since the Greeks have chances to end up as high as second in the group, the slightest Duncan injury would have traveled around the world by now.

Solid D
08-22-2004, 10:31 PM
I saw the news on KSAT tonight at 5:50 PM. They said that Tim's back and knee were bothering him but the Dr. looked at him and he checked out okay. After a while he was doing okay. They said that Tim has been playing a lot of minutes lately. He left a little early to rest today. They also said that it was nothing seriious.

Wolves009
08-22-2004, 11:08 PM
then boys and gals - start singing Sinatra's "My Way" ---

And now , the end is near.....:lol

adidas11
08-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Quote: "well this sucks.. i hate to say this but this is the reason i don't like any of the nba players especially spurs players to be representing their countries or whatever.... i think i pretty much agree with mark cuban in this point.."

This is precisely why our Team USA program sucks. We value our domestic competition more than we do internationsl competition. Absolutely pathetic. Why would our best players go, when even the fans could care less about international competition.

And yes, we should definitely send our pros. Other countries send their pros, and it's good for the sport overall.

jupiterhal
08-22-2004, 11:20 PM
They also said that it was nothing seriious.
:spin :smokin2

T Park Num 9
08-22-2004, 11:23 PM
They said that Tim's back and knee were bothering him

If you had to carry two bands of stiffs from the Spurs to the Olympics, your back would hurt too.

Duncan should shut it down.

Prepare for what your getting your millions for.

Tommy Duncan
08-22-2004, 11:27 PM
I hope TD doesn't play another minute.

ducks
08-23-2004, 12:09 AM
We value our domestic competition more than we do internationsl competition.

who cares about internetational competion
it is suppose to be for amature's not pro players

and yes addiass I know you have said they have pro's in scorrer
they can send them home to where they belong

Pooh
08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
you're there to play not sit

ducks
08-23-2004, 12:31 AM
other players on the usa have SAT many minutes
duncan has played the most IMO
time for other players to play

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-23-2004, 12:55 AM
If only Duncan were like 22 or 23, then we wouldn't have to worry about Larry Brown playing him.

ducks
08-23-2004, 01:04 AM
be intersting to see in the next cba meeting if owners are going to let the nba players play internationally. not sure if owners want it.

ducks
08-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Okafur needs to play or go home
he could spell duncan for a few minutes

asterix1999
08-23-2004, 02:08 PM
This is what I've been preparing you for all this time, I told you Timmy would get injured, They showed clips of timmy limping off the practice court here in LA.

Like I said without Timmy or him playing limited minutes during the NBA season the Spurs are below average, I don't know why you even thinking about winning the title because you WON't win it!

ChumpDumper
08-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah, he was horrible today.

His career is over.

asterix1999
08-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, he was horrible today.

His career is over.

What happened yeaterday during practice is a sign of things to come, remember last year?

Be prepared, is better now than later.

Jimcs50
08-23-2004, 04:02 PM
But what a way to down though...fighting for your country...that is much more honorable than getting hurt playing in the NBA for millions.

ChumpDumper
08-23-2004, 04:02 PM
What happened yeaterday during practice is a sign of things to come, remember last year?Yeah, Tim was great in the playoffs.

**** off.

asterix1999
08-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Great?

Getting knocked out in the second round is not exactly "great"

SpursWoman
08-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Tim was great. Manu was great. Devin Brown was great. Everyone else pretty much sucked ass. That's what got them kicked out of the playoff, genius.

DuffMcCartney
08-23-2004, 09:21 PM
If Tim getting knocked out in the second round not great...what does losing in the 1st round 7 years in a row equal?

Hawk Bat
08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
What happened yeaterday during practice is a sign of things to come, remember last year?

Yeh, the Spurs were champs last year. http://media.teamxbox.com/forum/smilies/wink.gif

razap
08-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Pop will rest Tim during training camp and the begining of the season. I used to get frustrated seeing us struggle early the past few seasons but Pop rests his players and sticks with his system. It looks uglky at first usually becasue we have had our roster turned iver and new guys are trying to figure things out. I hope to see Pop rest Tim even if it means a couple of losses early. When we won our titles our second half of each season was dynamite and I expect this year to be no different. I must ask, why is a wolve fan talking trash on this forum? I really do not have a problem with trash talk but shouldn't you have something valid to say rather than trying to find small ways to jsutify it?? Kevin "I have won 2 playoff series" Garnett all of a sudden matters? If a player should be judged as a failure he would be it due him not being good enough to carry his team out of the first round only once in 8 seasons..

razap
08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
One other thing. It would not make me terribly angry if we lost to Spain. I realize this is selfish but to get Tim back home and resting would ease my anxiety with his health. Of course you could call me a traitor for not wanting or caring if the USA wins but being a liberal I am used to being labeled.

:fro

Jimcs50
08-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Even if the USA loses, TD will stay in Greece for the closing ceramonies, so he might as well keep playing and get the gold....