PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the intelligent posters?

rockets
08-02-2006, 10:15 AM
man, when i first came here, i liked the way people talked about basketball. now, every thread they are comparing teams to how many championships they won. its a waste of time. whats that supposed to mean? i just saw in one thread somebody said that Houston is better than Dallas cause they've won two championships. im a rockets fan but cmon, that doesnt mean we'll be better than Dallas.

sorry but IMO this place is a joke really.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm intelligent, ain't I?

rockets
08-02-2006, 10:18 AM
oh and i guess the Celtics are the best team in the NBA too. according to the logic here :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
08-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Off

Season

zero signal
08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
man, when i first came here, i liked the way people talked about basketball. now, every thread they are comparing teams to how many championships they won. its a waste of time. whats that supposed to mean? i just saw in one thread somebody said that Houston is better than Dallas cause they've won two championships. im a rockets fan but cmon, that doesnt mean we'll be better than Dallas.

Why not find a new place to hang out then?

Jheum Jhang
08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
you sound like you have ........woodchip up your ass. hehehehehe :hat

you always welcome in Troll forum. hope to see you soon :cooldevil

ShoogarBear
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I would type a lengthy reply, but I have to catch my ride.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Crimson_Idol/short_bus.jpg

MI21
08-02-2006, 10:27 AM
This place has many posters who churn out takes far superior to any journo writing for the major papers, websites etc..

1Parker1
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
What happened to the intelligent Posters?

No worries...I'm still here :spin

L.I.T
08-02-2006, 10:30 AM
They're high on beno!

GrandeDavid
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
rockets, how is this take Spurs related? Please post this in its appropriate forum. Thanks.

Spurologist
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
No worries...I'm still here :spin

That that statement is currently being reviewed by Congress. Subpoena? You betcha.

I would type a lengthy reply, but I have to catch my ride.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Crimson_Idol/short_bus.jpg

:lol I missed that one, so I'll have to catch the next bus.

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/i-46967.jpg

bigdog
08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
i dub this "useless thread"

JGrice02
08-02-2006, 10:38 AM

If the Rockets still had Hakeem and Drexler in their primes then it would matter that they have won two titles. And that's why it does matters that the Spurs have 3 titles. Because they still have Duncan and Parker and Ginobili. They have the guys that have gotten it done before. If the Rockets still had their guns you would be saying the same thing.

It's one thing to point to the distant and unrepeatable past as reason to be hopeful about the future. It is quite another to use recent history as proof that your team has and can win another title. That is why it still matters.

When Duncan cannot dominate or chooses to retire, then it won't matter.

1Parker1
08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
They're high on beno!

:lol

Eric Dampier
08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
join the Trolls!

CosmicCowboy
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Personally, I agree that using previous championships to compare relative merits of teams for the '06-'07 season is stupid.

Sportcamper
08-02-2006, 11:55 AM
The Lakers have 14 NBA titles & most teams have none...

The Executive vice president of business operations for the Los Angeles Lakers is so beautiful, that she has posed for Playboy magazine...

Therefore the LA Lakers stand a good chance of winning another title this year! :elephant

http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2003/0725/photo/r_jbuss_tpi.jpg

MrChug
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I think I see where this is going...

Look, yes I agree that would be ludicrous to compare a hot current team vs. a historically great team. That's like saying that the '06 Bulls are better than the '06 Heat because they've won more championships. But as a FRANCHISE, compare apples with apples. How is the success of a franchise gauged? Championships. THAT'S IT. Period. Who, with that said are the great franchises? Boston, Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Rockets...you could even throw the Philly franchises in there (Warriors, 76r's) WHY? Multiple championships. Dominance. Greatness. You have to dominate to be considered great. One championship...please. Not to take away from the Pistons or Heat...they earned their rings.

Question: What have the Mavs earned historically? NOTHING. That's what. A conference championship banner. That's it. You think that's important? $heeeeiiitt. Ask Patrick Ewing, or Karl Malone, or even Allen Iverson what he thinks of his "Conference Title". A champion would wipe his A$$ with a conference title banner. When the Spurs win the conference title, we don't even unfold it. So in summation Mav's fan. Your petty accomplishments have been noted...and forgotten. Unlike the accomplishments of the aforementioned greats. So suck it. hahahaha

RandomGuy
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM

Unless I missed something, the season is over. Not a lot of basketball to talk about at the moment, is there?

Kori Ellis
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
what happened to the intelligent posters?

Says the guy with 25 screen names, all of which just spew stupidity.