PDA

View Full Version : Israel admits mistakes in deadly raid

ShackO
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
So I guess we find out it was another mistake in Qana..... Another sad day for humanity............ I guess some will be able to just rationalize it off as they are only Arabs...........

JERUSALEM - The Israeli military's inquiry on the bombing of a building in the south Lebanese village of Qana that killed 56 civilians admits a mistake but charges that Hezbollah guerrillas used civilians as human shields for their rocket attacks, a statement early Thursday said. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060802/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_qana)

Israeli planes attacked an apartment house in Qana in the early hours of Sunday. The house collapsed, and rescue workers pulled the bodies of civilians, most of them women and children, out of the rubble. An international outcry led
Israel to call a suspension of its airstrikes in Lebanon for 48 hours and increased pressure for a cease-fire in the three-week-old offensive against Hezbollah.

In a statement summarizing the inquiry findings, the military said Israel did not know there were civilians in the building.

"Had the information indicated that civilians were present ... the attack would not have been carried out," the statement said.

The bombing followed guidelines regarding attacking "suspicious structures" in villages where civilians have been warned to evacuate, the statement said, adding that Hezbollah forces "use civilian structures inside villages to store weaponry and hide in after launching rocket attacks."

The statement said more than 150 rockets have been launched from Qana and the area around it since July 12, when the current conflict erupted.

As a result of the incident, the statement said, the guidelines would be evaluated and updated.

The chief of staff of the Israeli military. Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, apologized for the loss of civilian life but charged that Hezbollah "uses civilians as human shields and intentionally operates from within civilian villages and infrastructure."

On Wednesday, Human Rights Watch questioned the death toll in the Qana attack. The international group listed the names of 28 known dead from the attack and said that 13 others were missing and might still be buried under the rubble. The discrepancy was attributed to an assumption that only nine of the people who took shelter in the basement of the building survived, but it emerged that at least 22 escaped, the group said.

Human Rights Watch called for an impartial international investigation of the incident.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060731/capt.cbbec784ca664f8eb0aeb9b275972f73.lebanon_isra el_mideast_fighting_akcf112.jpg?x=380&y=256&sig=ZlpDhSRKWawpSVexMW4._g--

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Until I see you post anything crying about the 200 rockets a day raining down on Israel, I guess we can just chalk the lack of posts by you on that issue up to the rationalization that 'they're only Jews.'

08-02-2006, 09:12 PM
You fire on me from a town/village/house and I will burn it to the ground.

Fuck hearts and minds, I want results.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Until I see you post anything crying about the 200 rockets a day raining down on Israel, I guess we can just chalk the lack of posts by you on that issue up to the rationalization that 'they're only Jews.'
yeah, in the same way that you can chalk up your insensitive ass to the rationalization that 'they're all terrorists so who cares' when it comes to innocent civilians

08-02-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah, in the same way that you can chalk up your insensitive ass to the rationalization that 'they're all terrorists so who cares' when it comes to innocent civilians

But where were the rockest launched from? Last time I checked, the IDF warned that if rockets were launched from place "X", place "X" would be hit.

ShackO
08-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Why not point out all the posts you made on the poor children being killed in Lebanon???

ShackO
08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
But where were the rockest launched from? Last time I checked, the IDF warned that if rockets were launched from place "X", place "X" would be hit.

And what were the women and children going to do what about that???

08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
And the woen and children were going to do what about that???

Get the the fuck out of the way.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Look, I hate that civilians are getting killed in all this. In a perfect world, all the bad guys would line up in an open field across from teh good guys, and we'd settle it that way.

Unfortunately with radIslam you're dealing with a bunch of chickenshits who park rocket launchers next to schools and mosques and hide behidn the skirts of women and the toys of children.

All that said, I see certain people on this board crying and posting like 10 threads a day crying about Israel retaliating for rocket fire and kidnapped soldiers, but those same people aren't weeping for the people of Israel, many of whom are living in grossly overcrowded shelters or wake up having rockets falling on their heads every day.

They also have to worry about getting blown up when they ride the bus every day and go eat at the corner diner.

That's no way to live life, but the Israelis live every fucking day of their lives under siege from all directions by assholes who want them dead.

Like I said, until I see some of you whiny cunts shed a tear for the suffering of the people of Israel, you're nothing but a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

And I can guaranfuckingtee that if Mexico kidnapped a couple of US National Guard troops and started lobbing 200 rockets a day at San Antonio, not a single fucking one of you would be worried about civilians getting killed in the retaliation, you'd just expect the US military to respond with full force.

I swear, ShackO was probably dancing in the street on 9/11, he strikes me as that kind of person from his posts.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 02:44 AM
And I can guaranfuckingtee that if Mexico kidnapped a couple of US National Guard troops and started lobbing 200 rockets a day at San Antonio, not a single fucking one of you would be worried about civilians getting killed in the retaliation, you'd just expect the US military to respond with full force.

Weak. The US and Mexico haven't been in some form of continued war for 50+ years (just in the latest go round), although the U.S. has renditioned some Mexican citizens.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 02:49 AM
Look, I hate that civilians are getting killed in all this. In a perfect world, all the bad guys would line up in an open field across from teh good guys, and we'd settle it that way.

Unfortunately with radIslam you're dealing with a bunch of chickenshits who park rocket launchers next to schools and mosques and hide behidn the skirts of women and the toys of children.

All that said, I see certain people on this board crying and posting like 10 threads a day crying about Israel retaliating for rocket fire and kidnapped soldiers, but those same people aren't weeping for the people of Israel, many of whom are living in grossly overcrowded shelters or wake up having rockets falling on their heads every day.

They also have to worry about getting blown up when they ride the bus every day and go eat at the corner diner.

That's no way to live life, but the Israelis live every fucking day of their lives under siege from all directions by assholes who want them dead.

Like I said, until I see some of you whiny cunts shed a tear for the suffering of the people of Israel, you're nothing but a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

I swear, ShackO was probably dancing in the street on 9/11, he strikes me as that kind of person from his posts.
:tu

NEVER AGAIN

I don't think many people on this board know a dam thing about
radical Islam.

They are either "Oh the poor children" or F the Jews.

WAR = Shit Happens

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 02:55 AM

Now there is a piece of evidence I would like to see, but we won't.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Weak. The US and Mexico haven't been in some form of continued war for 50+ years (just in the latest go round), although the U.S. has renditioned some Mexican citizens.

Mexico was offered Texas, Arizona and New Mexico, if they joined the War
against the US, by Hitler

Lucky for US They declined.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Now there is a piece of evidence I would like to see, but we won't.

It wouldn't do any good but if you really want to start your quest try reading
"The Roots of Mulsem Rage" and no these people are not chicken shits and
yes they are fighting an "Uncivilized" war."Whatever that is" lol

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Mexico was offered Texas, Arizona and New Mexico, if they joined the War
against the US, by Hitler

Lucky for US They declined.

I've always heard that to be a rumor. None-the-less even then Mexico hardly had a military that could stand up to Texas much less the U.S..

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:16 AM
It wouldn't do any good but if you really want to start your quest try reading
"The Roots of Mulsem Rage" and no these people are not chicken shits and
yes they are fighting an "Uncivilized" war."Whatever that is" lol

Same goes for both sides I bet. Some kids in Israel are thought to hate Muslims. Extremism is funny that way I guess, but to say every Muslim parents fondest wish is to see their kids die in a bombing attack on a Israeli bus is simply misleading.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 03:19 AM
I've always heard that to be a rumor. None-the-less even then Mexico hardly had a military that could stand up to Texas much less the U.S..

If Mexico had joined the U Boats could have landed a lot of germans that could have simply walked into texas and blow the hell out of a lot of resources.

BTW it is not a RUMOR. "Do your own research"

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Same goes for both sides I bet. Some kids in Israel are thought to hate Muslims. Extremism is funny that way I guess, but to say every Muslim parents fondest wish is to see their kids die in a bombing attack on a Israeli bus is simply misleading.

I aqree but Muslim parents are more prone to understand why their kids
die in a bombing attack and agree with their choice.

Most American parents can't understand why their kids in the Military
are being killed in what is described as BUSH's WAR :madrun

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:30 AM
If Mexico had joined the U Boats could have landed a lot of germans that could have simply walked into texas and blow the hell out of a lot of resources.

BTW it is not a RUMOR. "Do your own research"

Yeah, I know there's supposed to be some letter from some Nazi, hell, maybe Hitler himself, in Mexico City, I just doubt how serious of a plan this was by the Germans. By the time the U.S entered the war after Normandy the Germans were fighting on two major fronts that were stretching their resources extremely thin. Maybe, maybe, if the Nazi had defeated England, but they never did.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:39 AM
I aqree but Muslim parents are more prone to understand why their kids
die in a bombing attack and agree with their choice.

Most American parents can't understand why their kids in the Military
are being killed in what is described as BUSH's WAR :madrun

It’s described that way because many see it as a war of choice, not a war of necessity. I believed that Saddam had to go; I just don’t see why the U.S. was under such a determined timeline to get it done. Saddam wasn’t a real threat to anybody. He was boxed in by no-fly zones and his conventional forces had been decimated by a decade long war with Iran and years of American embargo. The U.S. should have worked closer with Iraqi dissident groups and not just Ahmed Chilabi, who we have come to find out now was also working with Iran at the same time.

jochhejaam
08-03-2006, 03:51 AM
And what were the women and children going to do what about that???
Hezbullah knew what was in store for the Lebanese citizens if they launched rockets from the areas they habitated. Why didn't they fire their rockets from somewhere that would have provided a safe haven for the innocents?

Answer: The hezbullah doesn't care if they jeopardize the lives of the Lebanese citizens. Indeed, they see it as a winning proposition, a propaganda tool.

The tragic deaths of the innocents lay at the feet of hezbullah.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 04:03 AM
Hezbullah knew what was in store for the Lebanese citizens if they launched rockets from the areas they habitated. Why didn't they fire their rockets from somewhere that would have provided a safe haven for the innocents?

It's not like Lebanese citizens are willingly flocking to shield Hezbollah fighters, much like the American war of Independence, battle lines can become discombobulated.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I know there's supposed to be some letter from some Nazi, hell, maybe Hitler himself, in Mexico City, I just doubt how serious of a plan this was by the Germans. By the time the U.S entered the war after Normandy the Germans were fighting on two major fronts that were stretching their resources extremely thin. Maybe, maybe, if the Nazi had defeated England, but they never did.

You think the Germans were stretched thin, with all the German supporters
in Texas, no they weren't all locked up in Crystal City, America would have
been attacked.

THIS WAS NOT A PLAN, I understand the offer was made by Hitler himself, as well as others. and BTW it also included Colorado

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 04:29 AM
You think the Germans were stretched thin, with all the German supporters
in Texas, no they weren't all locked up in Crystal City, America would have
been attacked.

THIS WAS NOT A PLAN,

Did you ever watch the movie 1941? Did you know that a German U-boat actually landed (well it got stuck) in the Americas? Do you know what happened to the crew?

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 04:30 AM
It's not like Lebanese citizens are willingly flocking to shield Hezbollah fighters, much like the American war of Independence, battle lines can become discombobulated.

True but if Children are killed by the JEWS than Hezbollah gets great Press
and even more of the Arab world will say "See what the Jews are doing" to France, America, etc

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Did you ever watch the movie 1941? Did you know that a German U-boat actually landed (well it got stuck) in the Americas? Do you know what happened to the crew?

In the movie, Killed I believe, in real life, I believe 1 got away.

We can't even stop Civilian's from coming across the border-so please less not not get too far off subject.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 04:41 AM
True but if Children are killed by the JEWS than Hezbollah gets great Press
and even more of the Arab world will say "See what the Jews are doing" to France, America, etc

That's exactly why you don't invade a sovereign country like this without, at least, the acknowledgement of the Democratically-elected government and the aid of his defense forces. Right now, the Lebanese government is supporting Hezbollah.

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 04:50 AM
That's exactly why you don't invade a sovereign country like this without, at least, the acknowledgement of the Democratically-elected government and the aid of his defense forces. Right now, the Lebanese government is supporting Hezbollah.

DO You think they would have gotten permission?

This Democratically elected government has continued to allow
Hezbollah to Attack, Kidnapped Hostages, and I'll bet their defenseforces have even contributed to the training of Hezbollah fighters

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 04:56 AM
DO You think they would have gotten permission?

This Democratically elected government has continued to allow
Hezbollah to Attack, Kidnapped Hostages, and I'll bet their defenseforces have even contributed to the training of Hezbollah fighters

You give the Lebanese government an ultimatum, at least they had a choice and while your at it, how about clueing in the international community to your intentions so that they have time to get their citizens out of the country before you start bombing the airport?

BIG IRISH
08-03-2006, 05:14 AM
You give the Lebanese government an ultimatum, at least they had a choice and while your at it, how about clueing in the international community to your intentions so that they have time to get their citizens out of the country before you start bombing the airport?

They may have and The Lebanese government said "Up Yours" Contrary to popular belief, some countries :rolleyes
don't give a shit about their citzens, they are expendable, if the "Government" thinks it is in the government's best intrest.

Tell me what we did to get ours citizens out, and Hell we almost charged them for the trouble :blah :blah :blah

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 05:23 AM
They may have and The Lebanese government said "Up Yours" Contrary to popular belief, some countries :rolleyes
don't give a shit about their citzens, they are expendable, if the "Government" thinks it is in the government's best intrest.

Tell me what we did to get ours citizens out, and Hell we almost charged them for the trouble :blah :blah :blah

We'll just file this one under conspiracy theory.