PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism Without Bombs

Guru of Nothing
08-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Does anyone really think the next terrorist attack on American soil will involve a big explosion?

I don't. I think terrorists will next target our soft economic underbelly. They will target a specific industry, with minimal loss of life.

I could be wrong.

Discuss, unless it's unAmerican.

08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I honestly think that the next attack will be through cyberspace/economy.

And I think it will come from China.

Clandestino
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
which industry do you think? i think our economy is so large that it would have to be something huge to make an impact.. like 9/11 and 3,000 dead sent our economy into a tailspin. however, i don't think that the oklahoma city bombing did anything to change our economy.. i could be wrong.. .

Extra Stout
08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Does anyone really think the next terrorist attack on American soil will involve a big explosion?

I don't. I think terrorists will next target our soft economic underbelly. They will target a specific industry, with minimal loss of life.

I could be wrong.

Part of the point is to impress the Arab street.

Big explosion with lots of deaths = "Praise Allah! We have smitten the throat of the infidel!"

Sophisticated attack on American economy = "ZZZ. This is probably just the work of the Jews anyway."

Guru of Nothing
08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I think terrorists could wreak havoc on agriculture, with relatively little money and effort.

Clandestino
08-02-2006, 09:22 PM
i doubt that.. plus we could get food from other places...

Guru of Nothing
08-02-2006, 09:28 PM
i doubt that.. plus we could get food from other places...

Back away from the Jenny Craig lit.

Clandestino
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
shit, it might even be better for our economy.. we already subsidize our farmers so much, maybe it would give us an excuse not to... only in my dreams though...

NorCal510
08-02-2006, 09:32 PM
whoever does it we gonna get bak at em like wahh

Guru of Nothing
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
shit, it might even be better for our economy.. we already subsidize our farmers so much, maybe it would give us an excuse not to... only in my dreams though...

What segment of business DON'T we subsidize, dreamer?

boutons_
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Muslims kill more Muslims than Americans or Israelis kill Muslims, and American kill more Americans than Muslims do or ever will. But murder is perennail USA national sport and the Americans are truly World Champion Murderers.

dubya alone has killed nearly as many US military in Iraq as Osama did in WTC.

I don't think a terrorist attack will ever really harm the USA. The WTC attack had almost no lasting impact on the US economy or even the NYC economy. Travel and airline traffic has rebounded and whose health and growht probably suffer more from high oil prices than from terrorists. But dubya won't really attack oil prices and US vulnerability to ME oil because he's an oil company whore.

But people like to scare the shit out of each other, it's great enterainment and distraction from boredom. One of the key appeals of evangelicalism is the fear and drama of the fire-and-brimstone God of the OT which apparently vastly dominates those jokers when the true Christians are totally focused on and guided by the love and peace of Christ and the NT.

Clandestino
08-02-2006, 10:01 PM

that is why i said in my dreams...

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 02:47 AM

:tu

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 02:52 AM

I could be wrong.

Remember the Lusitanian. That's all I have to say.

RandomGuy
08-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Part of the point is to impress the Arab street.

Big explosion with lots of deaths = "Praise Allah! We have smitten the throat of the infidel!"

Sophisticated attack on American economy = "ZZZ. This is probably just the work of the Jews anyway."

Bingo.

They are less about doing actual damage than they are publicity.

Spurminator
08-03-2006, 10:45 AM
They will target a specific industry, with minimal loss of life.

Now it all makes sense...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/little_man/_group_photos/shawn_wayans4.jpg

whottt
08-03-2006, 12:04 PM
That would call for a tactical mindset on the part of the terrorists....

They suck at tactical war in case no one has been paying attention for the last 1500 years...

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
They suck at tactical war in case no one has been paying attention for the last 1500 years

Tell that to the Israelis.

whottt
08-03-2006, 04:10 PM
You mean the same Israelis everyone is calling out for being so mean and atrocious right now as they kick the shit out of Lebanon?

As they kicked the shit ouf of all the countries that surrounded them...twice?

4 million jews surrounded by 300 million muslims and yet the Israelis are the bullies that have to be called off...

Yeah...the tactical genius of the terrorists is awe inspiring.

cheguevara
08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
You mean the same Israelis everyone is calling out for being so mean and atrocious right now as they kick the shit out of Lebanon?

4 million jews surrounded by 300 million muslims and yet the Israelis are the bullies that have to be called off...

wrong. Israel's $$ + technological advantage over the arab nations is what made it kick ass. I would say if we even that out, Israel could get its ass kicked.

whottt
08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
wrong. Israel's $$ + technological advantage over the arab nations is what made it kick ass. I would say if we even that out, Israel could get its ass kicked.

Israelis...smart enough to befriend the country that, has all the weapons and the ability to get them to the mid-east....

Terrorists...blow up buildings in the country with all the weapons...and piss it off to the point where it not only gives the Israelis more weapons...

But brings it owns weapons and join the show.

Yeap...tactical brilliance at work.

Incidentally...You'll never see the terrorists armed as well as the Israelis because the leaders of Pakistan, Saudi, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt(the countries where they come from primarily)...don't want those crazy bastards using the weapons against them.

Iran would be the only country that does that....Iran is also going to get it's ass kicked shortly...either from within, or without, or both.

cheguevara
08-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Israelis...smart enough to befriend the country that, has all the weapons and the ability to get them to the mid-east....

that is not tactical war skills, its diplomacy skills

Terrorists...blow up buildings in the country with all the weapons...and piss it off to the point where it not only gives the Israelis more weapons...

But brings it owns weapons and join the show.

again, that is not tactical war skills. That is what terrorists do because they can't wage a real war vs. their enemy.

Incidentally...You'll never see the terrorists armed as well as the Israelis because the leaders of Pakistan, Saudi, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt(the countries where they come from primarily)...don't want those crazy bastards using the weapons against them.

wrong, do you think Lebanon had a say of what weapons Hezbolla gets? Only economics and allies determined what hezbolla got.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 04:46 PM

The fact that the U.S. gives Israel a yearly stipend of $5 billion dollars, almost 20 times more than all other ME countries combined, in direct military assistance has nothing to do with their vast superiority over the other nations in the region, right Whott?

whottt
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
that is not tactical war skills, its diplomacy skills

Uh....ok.

Chosing the right allies is most definitely a tactic of war....

But what ever you say...guy who died in a jungle.

again, that is not tactical war skills. That is what terrorists do because they can't wage a real war vs. their enemy.

And in 1948 and 1967?

wrong, do you think Lebanon had a say of what weapons Hezbolla gets? Only economics and allies determined what hezbolla got.

Not this current government...but the one that was defacto Syrian Government...yes.

Fortunately, the countries that back the terrorist are just as tactically stupid as the terrorists.

whottt
08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
The fact that the U.S. gives Israel a yearly stipend of $5 billion dollars, almost 20 times more than all other ME countries combined, in direct military assistance has nothing to do with their vast superiority over the other nations in the region, right Whott?

It didn't in 1948...

And if those other countries would get rid of the elements withing their countries that were constantly spouting off about destroying Israel and shooting bombs at it and killing all the indidels...they might get more money.

Here's the deal...we like Israel better. 911 only made that moreso...another attack will make it even moreso. And so on and so forth.

Incidentally....could you provide me with a link Nbadan to that info?

I gotta see this.

You did qualify it with the word "military" but the US used to give much more aid to the Arab countries combined than Israel.

Israel made better use of the money...

Yasser stuck it in his personal bank account.

Here's something else for you...

Iran, Iraq, Saudi...

They got a shitload of money.....they sit on big Oil fields...

Israel, doesn't.

cheguevara
08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Uh....ok.

Chosing the right allies is most definitely a tactic of war....

But what ever you say...guy who died in a jungle.

And in 1948 and 1967?

Not this current government...but the one that was defacto Syrian Government...yes.

Fortunately, the countries that back the terrorist are just as tactically stupid as the terrorists.

Yes I was great at tactical war. But that's another story.

BTW, Israel did not choose the US. The US chose Israel. The alliance grew strongest in the cold war, when USSR was trying to get control of the middle east. They needed a strong ally there and trusted Israel.

Then once cold war was over, there were other problems like Iraq,Iran, Comunist China, etc nearby. So the US kept the alliance.

and yes you are right, in 1948 they didn't but 1 war does not make the victorious a tactical genius, and the loser a tactical idiot.

whottt
08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
BTW, Israel did not choose the US. The US chose Israel. The alliance grew strongest in the cold war, when USSR was trying to get control of the middle east. They needed a strong ally there and trusted Israel.

Um...the Russians were anti-democracy and funded the PLO in it's embryonic stages...

Israel chose us just as much as we chose them...

Then once cold war was over, there were other problems like Iraq,Iran, Comunist China, etc nearby. So the US kept the alliance.

The US supports Democracies as a general rule...Che.

And it's a wise country that chose the US as an ally over the Communists, che.

and yes you are right, in 1948 they didn't but 1 war does not make the victorious a tactical genius, and the loser a tactical idiot.

And in 1967?

It's not just that Israel successfully defended itself, it's that they actually took more land in the process...

The reason they fight terrorism now is because the could not be defeatd conventionally surrounded on all sides by enemies many of which are Oil Rich nations.

It's not that terrorists don't have the money...it's that terrorism is the only way the regional powers can wage war against Israel without getting their asses kicked, and they know it.

And how'd Saddam's invasion of Kuwait turn out for him?

How'd that whole mother of all battles thing turn out?