PDA

View Full Version : e-bay question...

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
OK...I know a lot of you use it...I just haven't jumped in there yet...I found an item I want (seller is in China) and he has 10 +feedbacks but all are "sellers" and all are "no longer registered". The item is priced right...

Has anyone been ripped off using e-bay? How protected is the buyer?

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't know of any fullproof ways to protect yourself, but I would say use Paypal and a credit card with full buyer protection on it to cover yourself.

SpursWoman
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't know of any fullproof ways to protect yourself, but I would say use Paypal and a credit card with full buyer protection on it to cover yourself.

I was going to suggest that ... I've got about 100 transactions (buying & selling), and have really only had 1 bad incident ... which ended up technically being my fault because I missed the size 1 font, white colored warning in 5 pages worth of descriptive clutter that what I was buying didn't work and was for parts only.

:fro

It's a crap shoot ... but more often than not it'll be fine. But definitely use a credit card that's protected against fraud and not your checking account.

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks! I've got my paypal account set up on my checking account and have a bad feeling about this one...even though it's super cheap...I think I will pass...

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Is it moreso that you're worried about losing the money or that you're worried more about identity thef?

Gatita
08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
OK...I know a lot of you use it...I just haven't jumped in there yet...I found an item I want (seller is in China) and he has 10 +feedbacks but all are "sellers" and all are "no longer registered". The item is priced right...

Has anyone been ripped off using e-bay? How protected is the buyer?

Sounds suspect. I'd pass.

Master Shake
08-03-2006, 09:28 AM
gatita makes me happy in my pants

Sportcamper
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I am a regular E-Bay buyer... (I am always amazed that something I threw away & now need, is available on the internet)... :lol ...I have also sold motorcycles at prices that would not have been possible in smaller local markets...

That being said....I would not do business with China...I stay away from Canada as well...I have always had good luck with Sports memorabilia purchased from the Philippines...

MoSpur
08-03-2006, 09:39 AM
China? They probably have what you are looking for at the Pulga over off of Hwy 16. There are a ton of Asian there.

DFW Spurs
08-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Always go with sellers that have tons of positive feed back. (100+ post of feed back and a percentage greater than 98 %.) Also, I would recommend you use your credit card and not your back account. I was ripped off and my credit card company came through for me. Oh by the way, paypal is useless if you get ripped off. They gave me the run around for almost a month. FYI, you'll still have to dispute all transactions with paypal and the seller before your CC company will get involved.

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah...I passed...winning bid was 405 euro (about $518US) on a new $1700 item. I wasn't worried about identity theft, just getting ripped off...

sa_butta
08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah...I passed...winning bid was 405 euro (about $518US) on a new $1700 item. I wasn't worried about identity theft, just getting ripped off...Out of curiosity what was the item?

CosmicCowboy
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Out of curiosity what was the item?

http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=621

Sportcamper
08-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Ahhh Dude....You should have bid....You like missed out on a killer deal....