PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Most Improved Spur in 06-07?

davi78239
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Beno? Maybe Tony Parker gets even better? Fabricio Oberto?

djohn14
08-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't see how Beno could get any worse.Just joking.Does Elson count.He will be the most improved player.O YEAH how do you change this belive thing under my name?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Oberto, Horry, Butler or Bowen.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't see how Beno could get any worse.Just joking.Does Elson count.He will be the most improved player.O YEAH how do you change this belive thing under my name?
Send a private message to a moderator like Kori or Chumpdumper.

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Improved from last year in the 2006-07 regular season?

Tim Duncan.

DFW Spurs
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
#4 Micheal Finley...

ICE3000
08-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Improved from last year in the 2006-07 regular season?

Tim Duncan.

I hope so

boutons_
08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Tony proved he can score to the point of nearly carrying the team. If he can hit 3Gs at a better %age next season, yawn. He didn't need 3Gs last season, he won't need them next season. I wouldn't like defenders crowding him on the perimeter to stop his improved 3G to the detriment of his passing and playmaking.

I'd like to see him run the team better, get more people involved, be more of playmaker than scorer.

I'm looking for a more comfortable and confident Fabricio to use the examples of Rasho and Nazi as what he doesn't want to have happen to him, turn into a frequently traded journeyman.

I think Bruce will be less effective, and Michael to continue pretty much what he did last year, which was already above my expectations, fwiw.

MoSpur
08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I will go with Tim and Manu. They both had off years because of injury and I think this year they will be better physically and that will transition to their game.

mabber
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
#4 Micheal Finley...

Finley is not improving anymore. Just hope he stays close to the same level.

photoguy
08-03-2006, 11:06 AM
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/3p58020t.jpg

TMTTRIO
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm going to go with Manu. I don't think he could've played any worse this past season along with all the stupid mistakes that he made :depressed . I also think he's taking it all on himself for what happened and will come back with a vengence. If he can stay somewhat healthy he'll do great.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm going to go with Manu. I don't think he could've played any worse this past season along with all the stupid mistakes that he made :depressed . I also think he's taking it all on himself for what happened and will come back with a vengence. If he can stay somewhat healthy he'll do great.
Redemption thy name is Manu Ginobili.

djohn14
08-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks #1

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Your Welcome. :spin

MrChug
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Man....I LOVE THIS THREAD! Just the flippin THOUGHT of any of our players stepping up more consistently or agressively gets me going. A MORE agressive TP? A healthy TD? An assertive center if Elson relishes the new opportunity??? A re-surgent Finley!?!? Manu taking over the scoring role?!? Man, I'm salivating...

ChumpDumper
08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Send a private message to a moderator like Kori or Chumpdumper.FYI, I can't do anything about that. Kori or timvp can, though I think timvp occasionally creates an open thread for folks to request a change.

texlawman
08-03-2006, 11:48 AM
No One. All of your players are getting older and on the decline. Parker hit his ceiling.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, Jackie Butler just applied for social security.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
butler mip

DFW Spurs
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM

He may not be "a better player". But he may be a better contributor to the Spurs this year, since he was learning the system last year. :king

DFW Spurs
08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
No One. All of your players are getting older and on the decline. Parker hit his ceiling.

:stfu Ceiling, the kids only 24. Two years older than the guy your team just drafted. Get a clue...

mabber
08-03-2006, 12:43 PM
He may not be "a better player". But he may be a better contributor to the Spurs this year, since he was learning the system last year. :king

I don't see what he has to learn. All he does, for the most part, is stand on the outside (mostly corner) and wait for the ball to shoot. I suppose he could learn the defensive system better. Don't get me wrong...FinDog was my favorite Mav player when he was in Dallas, but I just think he's a one-trick pony these days. That dunk over Damp in the playoffs was cool though.

DFW Spurs
08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
He did contribute a lot off the bench especially in the playoffs with his jumper and drives to the basket. Now that he knows where to be on the floor while playing with Duncan, I expect him to be the best player off the bench. Hench the most improved.

ShoogarBear
08-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Hopefully it won't be Nazr or Rasho . . .

Doug Collins
08-03-2006, 02:04 PM
David Wood

beirmeistr
08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it will be Oberto. He has something to prove----almost everyone thinks he did not deserve his salary last season, even though he was not given enough minutes to prove himself. I think this is his season to produce---to get offensive rebounds, get his teammates involved with his passing, play defense without accumulating too many fouls. Otherwise, he will be history.

Doug Collins
08-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I think it will be Oberto. He has something to prove----almost everyone thinks he did not deserve his salary last season, even though he was not given enough minutes to prove himself. I think this is his season to produce---to get offensive rebounds, get his teammates involved with his passing, play defense without accumulating too many fouls. Otherwise, he will be history.

He didnt get minutes cause he sucked. I'm all for him improving but at 31 I dont see him getting much better even with some more minutes. :depressed

2centsworth
08-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Oberto

NBA Junkie
08-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Jackie Butler

Matt Bonner a close second.

Gino20
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM

I disagree. Fin will improve. One year under Pop's system can do tons. He played well toward the end of the season and I expect him to improve slightly more. He still can play the game. In the end, its the experience that will help him be a better player. Who knows, he can contend for the 6th man award.

Gino20
08-03-2006, 04:03 PM

I don't think the Mavs are great either buddy. They have cry baby Dirk who choked in The Finals, overrated Jason Terry, and a little twirp named Devin Harris. With help of the officials, they beat the Spurs. Most Mavs fans know they played their best against the Spurs and begin having tons of problems against the Suns. They fooled everyone! How they played in The Finals is the way they played in the regular season. In the end, I will still have an older Duncan than a younger Dirk. Duncan=3 Rings, Dirk=0 Rings. That speaks volume for itself.

Kori Ellis
08-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Hopefully it's Beno.

mabber
08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I disagree. Fin will improve. One year under Pop's system can do tons. He played well toward the end of the season and I expect him to improve slightly more. He still can play the game. In the end, its the experience that will help him be a better player. Who knows, he can contend for the 6th man award.

Anythings possible, but I don't see FinDog improving anymore. He had Pop's system pretty much figured out by the playoffs and he's a year older. A lot of his offensive success was built around his ability to jump and that ability is starting to wane. He's becoming a catch & shoot guy now. I think he's a good fit in the Spur's offense...I just don't see where he's going to improve. I watched every game the guy played during his long, Mav career and he's lost a lot of his spring the last 2-3 years. He's a great guy to have on your team though if put in the right situation and I think he's in that situation with the Spurs now.

abelle23
08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
beno...now that nick is out he might get more minutes and boost his confidence...

caŽlo
08-03-2006, 04:55 PM

parker hit his ceiling? youre stupid.

i bet nash hit his ceiling too at 24 huh?

mabber
08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
parker hit his ceiling? youre stupid.

i bet nash hit his ceiling too at 24 huh?

Yeah, whoever said that Parker has peaked isn't that bright :lol

LEONARD
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't think the Mavs are great either buddy. They have cry baby Dirk who choked in The Finals, overrated Jason Terry, and a little twirp named Devin Harris. With help of the officials, they beat the Spurs. Most Mavs fans know they played their best against the Spurs and begin having tons of problems against the Suns. They fooled everyone! How they played in The Finals is the way they played in the regular season. In the end, I will still have an older Duncan than a younger Dirk. Duncan=3 Rings, Dirk=0 Rings. That speaks volume for itself.

Funniest post of the year... :lol :lol :lol :lol

I don't think the Mavs are great either buddy. They have cry baby Dirk who choked in The Finals

The whole team, including Avery, choked...

overrated Jason Terry

Why is he overrated?? Explain...

and a little twirp named Devin Harris.

So a twirp is the guy that was the difference in beating the Spurs? Interesting...

With help of the officials, they beat the Spurs.

Still crying?

Most Mavs fans know they played their best against the Spurs

They could've played better...

begin having tons of problems against the Suns.

Beating them in 6 is "having tons of problems"??? :smokin

How they played in The Finals is the way they played in the regular season.

So they played like crap in the finals and that same play got them 60 regular season wins??? :lol

I will still have an older Duncan than a younger Dirk.

Duncan and Dirk are both great players...you're a Spurs fans, so of course you'd rather have Duncan. What's your point?

Duncan=3 Rings, Dirk=0 Rings. That speaks volume for itself.

Duncan is one of the best of all time...Dirk is a great player too who still has some of his prime years left in him. There are tons of great players that didn't win a ring...that doesn't take anything away from their individual skills...

spurschick
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Hopefully it's Beno.

word.

SpursWillOwn
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
leonard, i agree devin harris aint a twirp.. u stole his role..

Gino20
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Funniest post of the year... :lol :lol :lol :lol

The whole team, including Avery, choked...

Why is he overrated?? Explain...

So a twirp is the guy that was the difference in beating the Spurs? Interesting...

Still crying?

They could've played better...

Beating them in 6 is "having tons of problems"??? :smokin

So they played like crap in the finals and that same play got them 60 regular season wins??? :lol

Duncan and Dirk are both great players...you're a Spurs fans, so of course you'd rather have Duncan. What's your point?

Duncan is one of the best of all time...Dirk is a great player too who still has some of his prime years left in him. There are tons of great players that didn't win a ring...that doesn't take anything away from their individual skills...

Well first of all, Terry was playing in a contract year. He was a bit overrated in the playoffs. Sure, he had some games, but he also had his fair of bad ones. I can think of 4 off the top of my head. He is good, but lets not start making him seem like a superstar. Harris is a twirp. He had a couple of good games, and alot of Mavs fan make him seem like an allstar. He is a good backup and thats about it. Lets not forget that he was playing against some injured players. Not to make any excuses either. Its been about two months and I still hear Mavs fan crying about the refs. If you think you got screwed against the Heat, you must say that we got screwed against the Mavs. Uh, if you ask me, 6 games is a series. Not to mention you got blown out and you lost at home. In my opinion, 5 games is not having trouble. So, the Spurs are hold and we had 60+ games in the reg season. :lol Never compare Dirk to Duncan. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!! About winning rings, thats your opinion. I think thats what seperates a good player from a great player. A players career will almost always be based on championships. Its always brought about on ESPN, etc. SPURS RULE!!! :elephant

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Butler. I have a strong feeling this kid is going to be a pleasant surprise.

Oh, and Manu. He had a down year, but I see him adding more variety to his driving (maybe more pull-ups or stepbacks) to reduce the toll on his body... in other words, I think he'll play smarter and give us more value in doing so.

mabber
08-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Well first of all, Terry was playing in a contract year. He was a bit overrated in the playoffs. Sure, he had some games, but he also had his fair of bad ones. I can think of 4 off the top of my head. He is good, but lets not start making him seem like a superstar. Harris is a twirp. He had a couple of good games, and alot of Mavs fan make him seem like an allstar. He is a good backup and thats about it. Lets not forget that he was playing against some injured players. Not to make any excuses either. Its been about two months and I still hear Mavs fan crying about the refs. If you think you got screwed against the Heat, you must say that we got screwed against the Mavs. Uh, if you ask me, 6 games is a series. Not to mention you got blown out and you lost at home. In my opinion, 5 games is not having trouble. So, the Spurs are hold and we had 60+ games in the reg season. :lol Never compare Dirk to Duncan. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!! About winning rings, thats your opinion. I think thats what seperates a good player from a great player. A players career will almost always be based on championships. Its always brought about on ESPN, etc. SPURS RULE!!! :elephant

Who is over-rating Terry? He is what he is...a decent, offensive-oriented point guard on a good team. I haven't read or heard anyone on Mav boards or this board say Terry is a superstar (not even an allstar). Same with Harris...I haven't read or heard anyone say he was an allstar. In fact, I've read more negative things about Harris & his future with the Mavs than anything else. He really only played well for a few games against the Spurs cuz Parker & company thought they had to guard him close for some reason(plus...Parker was hurt). The Suns & the Heat realized he wasn't that great of an outside shot and took away his penetration. In fact, the Spurs really had him figured out by the last 2 games of that series. Go over to a Mavs forum and you'll see that everyone is just wondering if he's gonna become a decent PG or not (i.e. the jury is still out). That last post, the guy was telling it EXACTLY how it is in regards to Duncan & Dirk. He said Duncan is a great player with 3 rings and Dirk is a really good player who'll hopefully reach a comparable level. Maybe you should "THINK" before you write. You may hate the Mavs but don't distort the facts and/or make stuff up to try to make an argument. There are plenty of facts that you could use to back your hatred for the Mavs. They're out there...use them :lol

mabber
08-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Butler. I have a strong feeling this kid is going to be a pleasant surprise.

Oh, and Manu. He had a down year, but I see him adding more variety to his driving (maybe more pull-ups or stepbacks) to reduce the toll on his body... in other words, I think he'll play smarter and give us more value in doing so.

Manu would be even harder to defend than he is now if he used those moves (pull-ups, stepbacks and even a jump-fade type shot). He has another level to go to...it's just a matter of if he does it or not.

ATX Spur
08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Hopefully it's someone like Bonner or Beno, streching the defense by hitting the longball.

Quasar
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Oberto :D

Russ
08-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Elson -- he may have a breakout year. He fits the "late-career David Robinson" mold better than Rasho or Nazr did. He can and will run the floor.

He also seem like a late bloomer (didn't play the game as a kid) who is just beginning to come into his own at age 30.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Manu would be even harder to defend than he is now if he used those moves (pull-ups, stepbacks and even a jump-fade type shot). He has another level to go to...it's just a matter of if he does it or not.

Absolutely. And given how banged-up e gets, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the staff has suggested working on these moves to him. Last season he used the step-back more than he did in previously, but I think it should become a go-to move for him - fake the drive, step back and knock it down.

If he can make that part of his game consistent, it will take him to another level as a player. I think he has the talent to do it, but does he have the will power to control his flat-out style?

Texas_Ranger
08-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Beno

mabber
08-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Elson -- he may have a breakout year. He fits the "late-career David Robinson" mold better than Rasho or Nazr did. He can and will run the floor.

He also seem like a late bloomer (didn't play the game as a kid) who is just beginning to come into his own at age 30.

Truth be told...no one has a clue how this guy is going to do. He hasn't played enough for anyone to really know. If I were a Spurs fan, I wouldn't expect much and be very happy with everything above that. That's how I felt about Diop when the Mavs brought him in cuz no one really knew how he'd do since he sat on the bench in Cleveland his 1st 3 years. If Elson gives you even close to what Diop has given the Mavs then consider it a good signing.

NBA Junkie
08-04-2006, 07:40 AM
I think Butler could be a lot like Diop in that he could come out of nowhere and surprise. He definitely has potential. He'll likely score more than Diop in the low post. Don't know about rebounding as I haven't seen enough of Butler to form an opinion. They're not really similiar players, but playing next to Duncan can only help in Butler's maturation as a player.

Matt Bonner is already a decent 3-point threat and he could really thrive in a small ball halfcourt offense due to the penetrating skills of Parker and Ginobili, plus Duncan's low post presence.

Elson can run the floor and is decent with his mid-range shot. Not much of a rebounder though, offensively or defensively, but is a solid defender that should be a decent fit.

What I'm saying is that all three play the type of basketball that fits the style the Spurs like to play. All three should do fine now that they're surrounded by a solid nucleus.

mabber
08-04-2006, 08:39 AM
I think Butler could be a lot like Diop in that he could come out of nowhere and surprise. He definitely has potential. He'll likely score more than Diop in the low post. Don't know about rebounding as I haven't seen enough of Butler to form an opinion. They're not really similiar players, but playing next to Duncan can only help in Butler's maturation as a player.

Matt Bonner is already a decent 3-point threat and he could really thrive in a small ball halfcourt offense due to the penetrating skills of Parker and Ginobili, plus Duncan's low post presence.

Elson can run the floor and is decent with his mid-range shot. Not much of a rebounder though, offensively or defensively, but is a solid defender that should be a decent fit.

What I'm saying is that all three play the type of basketball that fits the style the Spurs like to play. All three should do fine now that they're surrounded by a solid nucleus.

I would hope he has more offense than Diop. Diop has got NO offense. Diop really isn't that great of rebounder either. He's just a really good defender & decent shot blocker.

Gino20
08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Who is over-rating Terry? He is what he is...a decent, offensive-oriented point guard on a good team. I haven't read or heard anyone on Mav boards or this board say Terry is a superstar (not even an allstar). Same with Harris...I haven't read or heard anyone say he was an allstar. In fact, I've read more negative things about Harris & his future with the Mavs than anything else. He really only played well for a few games against the Spurs cuz Parker & company thought they had to guard him close for some reason(plus...Parker was hurt). The Suns & the Heat realized he wasn't that great of an outside shot and took away his penetration. In fact, the Spurs really had him figured out by the last 2 games of that series. Go over to a Mavs forum and you'll see that everyone is just wondering if he's gonna become a decent PG or not (i.e. the jury is still out). That last post, the guy was telling it EXACTLY how it is in regards to Duncan & Dirk. He said Duncan is a great player with 3 rings and Dirk is a really good player who'll hopefully reach a comparable level. Maybe you should "THINK" before you write. You may hate the Mavs but don't distort the facts and/or make stuff up to try to make an argument. There are plenty of facts that you could use to back your hatred for the Mavs. They're out there...use them :lol

I suggest you read everything before you comment. He said that the Spurs are old, and they are beginning to decline. Who is one to say the Spurs are declining? Duncan had a great performance this year in the playoffs. Decline? That is the most funniest thing I have heard in a long time. He also said that TP has reached his prime. At 24, he has reached his prime? At least you acknowledge that Terry is a good player. About Harris, I am not going to waste my time. You stated that hopefully Dirk will reach a comparable level. Don't you get it, they are completely different players. One is shooter and the other is a post-up player. Don't compare the two! It's like comparing Jordan to Miller. Please read before you comment...

Slinkyman
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Mav fans are praying to Cuban that the Spurs start to decline, Dallas had a good run but they may have choked away there best chance at a title.

Gino20
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Mav fans are praying to Cuban that the Spurs start to decline, Dallas had a good run but they may have choked away there best chance at a title.

I agree....They will be a good team, but I believe they blew a golden opportunity. They had the Heat right where they wanted them. Even though the Heat won, I still think the Mavs were the better team. The Heat were just able to match up a lil better then the Spurs. Looking forward to '07!!!

confined
08-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I agree....They will be a good team, but I believe they blew a golden opportunity. They had the Heat right where they wanted them. Even though the Heat won, I still think the Mavs were the better team. The Heat were just able to match up a lil better then the Spurs. Looking forward to '07!!!

well yeah they blew an opportunity...the opportunity to win a championship...but no one can say that dallas wont make it back to the finals when they still have theyre core intact and have polished theyre bench significantly...

o and im up for trading harris anyway if the right deal came along

Gino20
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
well yeah they blew an opportunity...the opportunity to win a championship...but no one can say that dallas wont make it back to the finals when they still have theyre core intact and have polished theyre bench significantly...

o and im up for trading harris anyway if the right deal came along

Well Dallas is good, but a polsihed bench does not always turnout to be a productive bench. It's just that teams will know what to expect from Dallas and the west is so f'n tough right now.......

whottt
08-05-2006, 12:57 AM
FYI, I can't do anything about that. Kori or timvp can, though I think timvp occasionally creates an open thread for folks to request a change.

FYI...you can't change anyone elses' but you can change your own ;)

manu
08-05-2006, 01:00 AM
How Do U Say Matt Bonner??? Like, How Do U Pronounce It?? His Last Name That Is.

phxspurfan
08-05-2006, 02:09 AM
I think the Heat were the better team because they have a bona fide superstar in D.Wade and another in Shaq. Nowitzki can't match two superstars and the playoffs are all about your stars coming through.

Bruno
08-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Beno, I can even see him geting some playtime at SG to play more minutes (especially if Barry is traded).