PDA

View Full Version : Which Spur(or Spurs) Is Most Likely To Win An Award?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Such as DPOY or Most Improved Player or MVP?
If you put the All-NBA teams or All-Defense Teams put somebody new because we already know Duncan and Bowen are gonna make those.

photoguy
08-03-2006, 11:00 AM

Mr. Body
08-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd say Jackie Butler - Most Improved.

Or Bruce Bowen, finally for DPOY.

Streakyshooter08
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
The only individual award I am interested in is another "Finals MVP" for TD. Other than that I don't really care. Bruce would deserve to win the DPOY at least once but I doubt it will happen...

George Gervin's Afro
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The only individual award I am interested in is another "Finals MVP" for TD. Other than that I don't really care. Bruce would deserve to win the DPOY at least once but I doubt it will happen...

what this guy said.

SpursWillOwn
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Matt Bonner - 6th man

mabber
08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Matt Bonner - 6th man

:lmao

I think Bowen (DPOY) is only player with a chance at an award. Obviously, Duncan is good enough to win the MVP but it's difficult to win that award when you have players like Ginobli & Parker on your team (since they're really good players too).

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
td mvp dpoy mip

Senator Joseph McCarthy
08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
MVP-Duncan
DPOY-Bowen
Most Improved-Beno
Rookie of the Year-Jackie Butler. (Though he has played in the NBA prior to the Spurs, the voters will rule that the Knicks, while technically part of the NBA, can't be considered a real professional franchise. As a result, Butler will be considered a rookie and will win the award.)
Citizenship Award-Bowen

First team NBA
C-Elson
F-Duncan
F-Bowen
G-Ginobili
G-Parker

Second team NBA
C-Butler
F-Horry
F-Finley
G-Barry
G-Udrih

MarkCuban
08-03-2006, 12:25 PM
let's see:

Dirk-MVP
Anthony Johnson-6th man
Diop-DPOY
Dampier-Finals MVP
Harris-MIP
AJ-Coach of the Year again
Me-Owner of the Year

Mavs 2007 champs :fro :smokin

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I actually think it's possible that Michael Finley might have a shot to win the 6th Man award in 2006-07. He seemed to find his groove as last season progressed and won't have anything like the uncertainty that he started with last season. If the Spurs are competitive to win the West, Finley will be a huge part of it, I suspect.

I'd also like to think that Bruce Bowen will be able to parlay his experience with Team USA into some additional credibility with DPOY voters who will finally recognize his greatness.

That Finals MVP thing, though, would beat all.

yavozerb
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I really think Bowen has the inside track to DPOY due to Wallace switching to bulls and thus not having help from Rasheed will hurt him. Also, the extra publicity Bowen is getting from the olympics will help the voters who think he is a "dirty" ball player. TD will be in the top 3 of the mvp voting although I think Wade will get it cause everybody is in love with this guy!!

MrChug
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty positive if he didn't get it this last year that his ship has sailed. Not that he WON'T lock down every perimeter scorer in the league again to atrocious shooting. Not that he WON'T deserve it more than any other player again...he just won't GET it. :(

GrandeDavid
08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
If Bowen has a decent showing in the worlds, I think he'll get some love all season long from the DPOY voters and will finally take home that award which he deserves.

ShoogarBear
08-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Waiting for angel or somebody to say that Beno will win Cutest Spur . . .

MarkCuban
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Bowen will not win it. that bearhug defense almost cost a chance at the championship :madrun luckily, i was screaming to the official and they heard me in time to start calling it in game 3 before we had the chance to lose. but anyway, i will complain and complain to the league about his defense, and they will call fouls so much that he wont get enough playing time to earn the award. :lol he is a dirty player, and he locked down Nowitzki early in the season, so i made sure that changed. :fro

angel_luv
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
let's see:

Dirk-MVP
Anthony Johnson-6th man
Diop-DPOY
Dampier-Finals MVP
Harris-MIP
Me-Owner of the Year

Dude, You need to quit that smoking. :lol

angel_luv
08-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Waiting for angel or somebody to say that Beno will win Cutest Spur . . .

Now that you mention it... :)

Votes for Beno!

himat
08-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Bruce Bowen is finally going to win DPOY. Big Ben has been living of his rep in Detroit and now he's in Chicago.

MoSpur
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
6th Man = Finley
Most Improved = Jackie Butler

I really don't know. Just bored.

Doug Collins
08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Most DNP CDs = Jacque Vaughn

Gino20
08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Dude, You need to quit that smoking. :lol

:lol This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. :elephant

Gino20
08-03-2006, 04:09 PM
let's see:

Dirk-MVP
Anthony Johnson-6th man
Diop-DPOY
Dampier-Finals MVP
Harris-MIP
Me-Owner of the Year

I meant this lol! :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :elephant

AdmiralMVP
08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Such as DPOY or Most Improved Player or MVP?
If you put the All-NBA teams or All-Defense Teams put somebody new because we already know Duncan and Bowen are gonna make those.

If Bowen doesn't get a DPOY award I am going to snap.

himat
08-07-2006, 09:50 PM
If Bowen doesn't get a DPOY award I am going to snap.

I'm almost sure Ben won't in next year. Last year Ben didn't have the same impact as he did when he won the other 3. He won last year because of his reputation as a Pistons, but now that he's gone he won't get as many votes plus he'll be older.

Bowen biggest threat is Artest than Ben.

angel_luv
08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
:lol This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. :elephant

I meant this lol! :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :elephant

I was going to say!!!!!!!! :lol

Matt Bonner
08-07-2006, 10:31 PM
id say i have a rather good chance of winning the 6th man award or most improved

Parker 09
08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Maybe timmy will go all domiant for the whole season and win the MVP award. Finley was finding his grove towards the end of the season so maybe a shot a 6th Man.
Beno finally playing backup, MIP anyone?

Dre_7
08-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Finley 6th man.

Damn I cant wait for this season to start!!

MarkCuban
08-08-2006, 10:12 AM
id say i have a rather good chance of winning the 6th man award or most improved

are you a handchecker? because when you play us, you will foul out and be useless if your a good defender