PDA

View Full Version : If The USA Team...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Was based on nothing but defense like the Spurs and Pistons instead stars with role players, how would the lineup be?

How about this?

C Wallace/O'Neal/Camby
PF Duncan/Garnett/J. O'Neal
SF Bowen/Prince
SG Artest/Kobe
PG Kidd/Billups

mabber
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Was based on nothing but defense like the Spurs and Pistons instead stars with role players, how would the lineup be?

How about this?

C Wallace/O'Neal/Camby
PF Duncan/Garnett/J. O'Neal
SF Bowen/Prince
SG Artest/Kobe
PG Kidd/Billups

I agree with most of these although O'Neal isn't that great of a defender anymore. Would Kidd & Billups be our best defensive PG's? If you're putting together a team that's really good on defense and yet can score then I think you're close to having it nailed.

Rynospursfan
08-03-2006, 12:58 PM
There is a serious lack of outside shooting skills on that team.

MrChug
08-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Oooh, but Eric Snow is still one of the best lock down defenders at the PG position, even at his age. I really like what Raja Bell does too. If he and Tim are from the V.I. he would be eligible too right?

cheguevara
08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
That team would lose to Venezuela

ALVAREZ6
08-03-2006, 03:05 PM
There is a serious lack of outside shooting skills on that team.
Nice avatar

MarkCuban
08-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with most of these although O'Neal isn't that great of a defender anymore. Would Kidd & Billups be our best defensive PG's? If you're putting together a team that's really good on defense and yet can score then I think you're close to having it nailed.

a team that can play defense and still score? is that possible?

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-03-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7EOT7Pm8I&search=team%20usa%20basketball

if you want defense then you better add Melo coz he just OWNED Lebron :smokin , no suprise they call a touch foul on him though and dont call it the other way :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
oops, am i able to post that link? its just footage of the scrimmage

cheguevara
08-03-2006, 04:07 PM

if you want defense then you better add Melo coz he just OWNED Lebron :smokin , no suprise they call a touch foul on him though and dont call it the other way :lol

goddam. If Lebronze is gonna play like that in official games, USA is screwed. Pass the fucking ball!, the refs ain't gona bail you out in FIBA

confined
08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
there's gotta be another defensive stopper at the point...i dont think kidd/billups would get it done

mabber
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM

Wow, Melo actually looked quick. He better slow down as I'm sure George Karl will see that video and expect that kind of defensive effort in Denver :lol