PDA

View Full Version : The New LG8500 Chocolate

Faccia di Angelo
08-03-2006, 03:27 PM
http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2006/731chocokey550x410.jpg
From Verizon. Apparently its a much anticipated phone that I hadn't heard about yet. I went into the Verizon store today to upgrade my phone and was planning on getting the LG VX8300 (anyone have this one?) but the guy who was gonna take care of me was off today. So I start talking to this other guy telling him I want a phone that plays music and he starts telling me about this Chocolate phone. Said he couldn't believe I hadn't heard about it yet. Says everyone's anticipating its release date. So he brings out the demo so I can play with it and I must say its pretty sweet. Supposed to resemble an Ipod. He got me all excited about it lol Only thing is I'm not a big fan of slider phones and the camera is not supposed to be that great from what I read. I've always had flip phones so I don't know how it'd feel. But its a nice phone at an affordable price since I'm up for their Every Two deal.

Anyone heard anything else about this phone or thinking about getting it? It comes out this Monday. He said people are asking about waiting lists for it and he would put one on hold for me. All for a phone, go figure. I need one quick cause my LG VX600 is a piece of crap. Or any other recommendations?
You can check it out here:
Chocolate (http://www.verizonwireless.com/chocolate/)

PakiDan
08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Melts in your mouth, not in your hands.

Sonia_TX
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I saw a commercial for this phone last night but didn't pay attention because I have Cingular...

leemajors
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2006/731chocokey550x410.jpg
From Verizon. Apparently its a much anticipated phone that I hadn't heard about yet. I went into the Verizon store today to upgrade my phone and was planning on getting the LG VX8300 (anyone have this one?) but the guy who was gonna take care of me was off today. So I start talking to this other guy telling him I want a phone that plays music and he starts telling me about this Chocolate phone. Said he couldn't believe I hadn't heard about it yet. Says everyone's anticipating its release date. So he brings out the demo so I can play with it and I must say its pretty sweet. Supposed to resemble an Ipod. He got me all excited about it lol Only thing is I'm not a big fan of slider phones and the camera is not supposed to be that great from what I read. I've always had flip phones so I don't know how it'd feel. But its a nice phone at an affordable price since I'm up for their Every Two deal.

Anyone heard anything else about this phone or thinking about getting it? It comes out this Monday. He said people are asking about waiting lists for it and he would put one on hold for me. All for a phone, go figure. I need one quick cause my LG VX600 is a piece of crap. Or any other recommendations?
You can check it out here:
Chocolate (http://www.verizonwireless.com/chocolate/)

music phones have zero memory. 512? a shuffle costs under $100

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
its a pieace of shit, my mums got one and gave it to my younger bro where i am stuck on a brick phone.... the damn keys are too sensitive like the nano.

LuvBones
08-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Ales, I have the vx8300 and I love it! My two year was up last month so I just got it... I wouldn't mind the 8500 though. Maybe you can get that phone and if you don't like it I'll trade you my 8300 for that chocolate phone. ;)

Faccia di Angelo
08-03-2006, 10:57 PM
There you are! I was looking for you the other day. Was wondering how you were doing. :) Yeah, I was already going to be sold on the VX8300 and then he showed me this one. Now I can't decide! Its a very cool looking phone but I'm worried something will be wrong. I have to decide soon. Sounds like a plan to me tho. I'll try it out and then if I'm not happy, we'll switch at no extra cost hehe

TDMVPDOY- how does your mum have it already? Is she in Korea, cause thats the only place that has it already as far as I know.

leemajors
08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
There you are! I was looking for you the other day. Was wondering how you were doing. :) Yeah, I was already going to be sold on the VX8300 and then he showed me this one. Now I can't decide! Its a very cool looking phone but I'm worried something will be wrong. I have to decide soon. Sounds like a plan to me tho. I'll try it out and then if I'm not happy, we'll switch at no extra cost hehe

TDMVPDOY- how does your mum have it already? Is she in Korea, cause thats the only place that has it already as far as I know.

you can buy a lot of these phones before they are out on ebay. it's just a lot more expensive.

AlamoSpursFan
08-03-2006, 11:24 PM
My question is who the hell is LG?

This crappy brand just appeared out of nowhere one day and everyone sells it like it's freaking Sony or something.

leemajors
08-04-2006, 12:03 AM
My question is who the hell is LG?

This crappy brand just appeared out of nowhere one day and everyone sells it like it's freaking Sony or something.

they make decent phones, and okay tvs. i think they even make large kitchen appliances now.

T Park
08-04-2006, 12:06 AM
LG makes alot of stuff.

Phones, TVs, Washers and Dryers, kitchen stuff, whatever electronic gadget you can think of.

PM5K
08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
LG used to be GoldStar, when they changed their name they also bought out Zenith....

GoldStar/LG has been around since 1958....

AlamoSpursFan
08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Since when though?

They just showed up in Circuit City and Best Buy ads one day.

I'll pay the extra bones for a brand name I've heard of, thanks.

AlamoSpursFan
08-04-2006, 12:16 AM
LG used to be GoldStar, when they changed their name they also bought out Zenith....

GoldStar/LG has been around since 1958....

OIC...I had a GoldStar microwave once...biggest POS I've ever owned.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2006, 12:20 AM

im from australia, and we got them atm...it looks good and shit, but you will hate the sensitive buttons and scrolling around is an ass, just like usin the nano. My bro dropped it in water or sumshit....got it fixed...

i watch korean dramas, and you see alot of new phones in their dramas :D:D

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2006, 12:23 AM
LG makes alot of stuff.

Phones, TVs, Washers and Dryers, kitchen stuff, whatever electronic gadget you can think of.

yeh i just got a 50" LG Plasma...

PM5K
08-04-2006, 12:41 AM
OIC...I had a GoldStar microwave once...biggest POS I've ever owned.

Yeah I remember having GoldStar stuff, but it was so long ago that I don't recall if they were any good or not, I think they changed their name in 1995...

Kori Ellis
08-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I thought Goldstar was really cheap/low quality stuff. Maybe the quality is better now that they changed the name to LG.

PM5K
08-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I don't recall them being anything special either, but I haven't heard anything bad about LG....

LuvBones
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM

TDMVPDOY- how does your mum have it already? Is she in Korea, cause thats the only place that has it already as far as I know.I'm doing good, thanks. :) It doesn't look like there's too much of a difference between the 8300 and the 8500 except for the design. I'm used to flip phones... they seem more durable. I'd be afraid to drop that chocolate phone. :lol Let me know which one you decide on!