PDA

View Full Version : Mavs sign Bonsu, rest of league disbands in fear.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2006, 04:54 PM
DALLAS—The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed free agent forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

“We are really excited about Pops joining the Mavericks,” President of Basketball Operations Donn Nelson said. “His energy and attitude were the determining factors in this decision. He will bring added athleticism to our front line.”

Mensah-Bonsu (6-9, 240) is a former standout at George Washington University where he earned First Team Atlantic-10 honors in 2005-06. As a senior he averaged 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds, while leading the Colonels in field goal percentage (56.4%) and blocked shots (38) – a category where he ranks second on George Washington’s career list with 141. As a junior, the forward was a Second Team Atlantic-10 selection and was voted the Atlantic-10 Most Improved Player as a sophomore.

After going undrafted in the 2006 NBA Draft, Mensah-Bonsu joined the Mavericks summer league squad at the Toshiba Vegas Summer League and the Rocky Mountain Revue. He averaged 8.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in Las Vegas and 8.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in Salt Lake City.

A native of London, England, Mensah-Bonsu attended high school at St. Augustine Prep in Richland, NJ.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/mavs_sign_bonsu080306.html

J.T.
08-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Bonsu, the missing link to a Mavs Dynasty!

mabber
08-03-2006, 05:02 PM
He's a great athlete but he can't shoot from beyond 10 feet.

FromWayDowntown
08-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Bonsu, the missing link to a Mavs Dynasty!

Wait -- wouldn't that missing link be the failure to win a title?

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
good athlete, im not sure what he'll be able to contribute. probly not much this year. he looked good in some college games but only scored 1 point in their last game vs Duke.

mabber
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
good athlete, im not sure what he'll be able to contribute. probly not much this year. he looked good in some college games but only scored 1 point in their last game vs Duke.

I don't see him contributing anything.

ChumpDumper
08-03-2006, 08:31 PM
He's the next Deng Gai!

exstatic
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
He's training camp fodder. Recognize.

mavsfan1000
08-03-2006, 09:09 PM
He's the next Duncan stopper.

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-04-2006, 01:43 AM
He's the next Duncan stopper.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

That's the funniest thing that I've read in a LONG time!!!!
Thanks.
I needed a good laugh tonight!!!!

Mavs_man_41
08-04-2006, 01:51 AM
DALLAS—The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed free agent forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

“We are really excited about Pops joining the Mavericks,” President of Basketball Operations Donn Nelson said. “His energy and attitude were the determining factors in this decision. He will bring added athleticism to our front line.”

Mensah-Bonsu (6-9, 240) is a former standout at George Washington University where he earned First Team Atlantic-10 honors in 2005-06. As a senior he averaged 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds, while leading the Colonels in field goal percentage (56.4%) and blocked shots (38) – a category where he ranks second on George Washington’s career list with 141. As a junior, the forward was a Second Team Atlantic-10 selection and was voted the Atlantic-10 Most Improved Player as a sophomore.

After going undrafted in the 2006 NBA Draft, Mensah-Bonsu joined the Mavericks summer league squad at the Toshiba Vegas Summer League and the Rocky Mountain Revue. He averaged 8.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in Las Vegas and 8.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in Salt Lake City.

A native of London, England, Mensah-Bonsu attended high school at St. Augustine Prep in Richland, NJ.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/mavs_sign_bonsu080306.html

You people continue to laugh and count out the mavericks even though it bit u in the ass this past season. It's ok, go right ahead. Joke all you want, talk about how the mavs wont win a championship. Whatever makes you feel better.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 02:03 AM
I posted a press release about the Mavs 15th man.

Unclench.

BIG IRISH
08-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Dam I need new glasses, I almost had a heart attack, what I saw was

Mavs sign Bonzi, rest of league ...........

It is late, time for BED

East Coast Babe
08-04-2006, 03:08 AM
Why haven't Mavs signed Bonzi, anyway? Tough player, something the Mavs could use.

East Coast Babe
08-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Better yet, maybe, WE should sign Bonzi!!

Mavs_man_41
08-04-2006, 03:46 AM
I posted a press release about the Mavs 15th man.

Unclench.

LOL i don't like your sarcasm towards the Mavericks. The title of your thread is "mavs sign bonsu, rest of league disbands in fear." Your damn right the spurs should fear the mavericks after this years wake up call.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 05:13 AM
:lmao @ Mavclench

As sure as the sun rises....

"Boo-hoo! I don't like your sarcasm! You must love my team and show it on a Spurs message board! You must respect my 15th man or I'll tell my mommy!"

mabber
08-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Your daily Pop news :drunk

Knee-jerk reaction may have brought Mavs a forward

09:59 PM CDT on Thursday, August 3, 2006

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

Things may have been vastly different for new Mavericks forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu had he not twisted a knee late last season after leading George Washington into the top 10.

Instead, the Colonials were eliminated by Duke in the second round of the NCAA Tournament and Mensah-Bonsu was undrafted.

The Mavericks, intrigued by Mensah-Bonsu's athleticism and performance in two summer leagues, signed him to a two-year contract Thursday. Only the first year is guaranteed.

"Guys with his athleticism and competitive mind-set don't go undrafted," president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. "He was the most athletic 4 [power forward] I saw this summer outside of Amare Stoudemire."

Mensah-Bonsu (6-9, 240) possesses a 38-inch vertical jump and has been playing organized basketball for only six years.

He averaged 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds as a senior for George Washington and about eight points and five rebounds in the Las Vegas and Salt Lake City summer leagues.

"It's a blessing," said Mensah-Bonsu, 22, a London native. "I've been working for this since I've been playing basketball. To make it official is hard to believe. It's a dream come

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Bonsu>>>>>>>>Duncan, Shaq, Wade combined :fro

Extra Stout
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
LOL i don't like your sarcasm towards the Mavericks. The title of your thread is "mavs sign bonsu, rest of league disbands in fear." Your damn right the spurs should fear the mavericks after this years wake up call.
It's really funny how even after the Mavs beat the Spurs, you are still so insecure.

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
i cant wait till mavs groom another choke artist

Beer is Good
08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Why are we even talking about the Mavs? They're one hit wonders. And it wasn't even a great hit. Just a mild one. They're Vanilla Ice. Next Topic.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
i love how the mavs fan run around bragging that the eliminated the spurs..sure you beat the spurs but you didn't win the big prize so shut up already

Mavs_man_41
08-04-2006, 05:16 PM
:lmao @ Mavclench

As sure as the sun rises....

"Boo-hoo! I don't like your sarcasm! You must love my team and show it on a Spurs message board! You must respect my 15th man or I'll tell my mommy!"

No i'd rather you and the entire spurs organization continue to discount the mavs so we can beat that ass next season. :smokin

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a healthy respect for the Mavs.

Not their douchey fans.

:fro

Spurologist
08-04-2006, 05:29 PM
He's a great athlete but he can't shoot from beyond 10 feet.

make that 5 feet.

NBA Junkie
08-04-2006, 05:33 PM
make that 5 feet.

Aww, come on... Michael Olowokandi can't make those!

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-04-2006, 05:54 PM
i love how the mavs fan run around bragging that the eliminated the spurs..sure you beat the spurs but you didn't win the big prize so shut up already

lol jeez. all i said was i think Pops is a good athlete and wont do much in his 1st year and about 10 insults come later. whats wrong with that? maybe your post wasnt directed to me but to the Mavs fans in general. well, i sure hope that wasnt directed to me. i just like to watch my favorite team. i dont complain bout refs, worry bout titles, bash the spurs, i just watch my team.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 06:01 PM
The douchey ones know who they are.

confined
08-04-2006, 06:47 PM
lol jeez. all i said was i think Pops is a good athlete and wont do much in his 1st year and about 10 insults come later. whats wrong with that? maybe your post wasnt directed to me but to the Mavs fans in general. well, i sure hope that wasnt directed to me. i just like to watch my favorite team. i dont complain bout refs, worry bout titles, bash the spurs, i just watch my team.

that was deep man :smokin

confined
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Dam I need new glasses, I almost had a heart attack, what I saw was

Mavs sign Bonzi, rest of league ...........

It is late, time for BED

i wish.... :depressed

confined
08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
make that 5 feet.

agreed

johngateswhiteley
08-05-2006, 06:08 AM
...is it just me, or have the mavs signed every free agent in the nba?

mabber
08-05-2006, 08:29 AM

It's just you.

MarkCuban
08-05-2006, 08:53 AM

:madrun ok mr smartass, so what are you suggesting!!?? we arent supposed to make any big deals?? :rolleyes no big deals? is that possible? :oops

George Gervin's Afro
08-05-2006, 09:50 AM
You people continue to laugh and count out the mavericks even though it bit u in the ass this past season. It's ok, go right ahead. Joke all you want, talk about how the mavs wont win a championship. Whatever makes you feel better.

choke! can we get a special mavs related smiley face that's choking :vomit:

Mavs_man_41
08-05-2006, 01:39 PM
choke! can we get a special mavs related smiley face that's choking :vomit:

What about a special whining tim duncan smiley face?

Condemned 2 HelLA
08-05-2006, 04:41 PM
What about a special whining tim duncan smiley face?

Or a cartoon Tim Duncan flashing his THREE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS?!?!

johngateswhiteley
08-07-2006, 03:41 AM
:madrun ok mr smartass, so what are you suggesting!!?? we arent supposed to make any big deals?? :rolleyes no big deals? is that possible? :oops

uhhh...ok. it just seems every time i look around the mavs have signed someone else. its just an observation, not a big deal.

Mavs_man_41
08-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Yes they have added alot of players but they havent lost any of their core group. The biggest loss was Daniels and he rarely got to play.