PDA

View Full Version : Pro Athletes like Bush!

whottt
10-21-2004, 01:42 PM
NewsMax (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/21/91510.shtml)

Thursday, Oct. 21, 2004 9:11 a.m. EDT
Elway, Malone, Nicklaus, Top Athletes Endorse Bush

The following open letter was signed by 24 Olympians and professional athletes who have endorsed George Bush for President.

Story Continues Below

To our fellow Americans:

We have given much thought to the values and characteristics that make a great athlete. Our lives have been spent trying to run farther, push further, and jump higher than the person beside us, or across the field of our chosen sport.

With years of training and exhaustive competition beneath our belts, we have identified the values necessary to compete and win--values like personal strength, determination, a sense of fair play and faith.

The same qualities that make a great athlete make a great President - he determination to do what is right, regardless of the latest polls, the personal strength to bear the weight of the nation on your shoulders, and the faith that a higher power will direct the actions of good people.

We see in President Bush these same qualities.

In 2001, our nation was attacked without cause or provocation. The President's values saw us through those dark days after the terrorist attack.

The economy was rocked by the dual blows of the terrorists' cowardly action and the reckless disregard of the rules by a few rogue executives. But President Bush's decisive, principled leadership has moved America forward, and today our nation is safer and our economy is strong and getting stronger.

The fight against terrorism takes decisiveness. It takes continued support for our troops and first responders. But most importantly, it takes courage and inspirational leadership in the White House. In these critical times, our President has had the courage to stand up and do what's right.

For that and for his unwavering character, we choose George W. Bush as our President for the next four years. He is a leader we can depend on to make the tough decisions and the right decisions. Please join us in supporting a candidate of courage, President Bush--a leader who backs our troops defending our nation and shares our values.

Sincerely,

http://www.newsmax.com/images/headlines/AthletesforBush-24.jpg

whottt
10-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Karl Malone supports Bush?$#$%#$@%$#%%^

Struggling to still vote Republican...Struggling. Must stay the course. Must carry on.

whottt
10-21-2004, 01:45 PM
LOL! Anything that gets Bob Feller and Nolan Ryan on the same side of an issue must be a worthy cause...there is no love lost between those two.

whottt
10-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Incidentally, I happen to know that Raffy is also voting for Bush instead of himself.

Marcus Bryant
10-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Athletes like Bush!

Yeah no kidding. :spin

exstatic
10-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Incidentally, why again should we care what a bunch of athletes think, politically speaking? Aren't they just another type of famous person who should keep their opinions to themselves?

whottt
10-21-2004, 02:15 PM
exs, that's only if they're liberals. Conservative or patriotic athletes need to express their opinion more often so it doesn't give the impression that all athletes are rich out of touch liberals. Ditto Hollywood.

Duff McCartney
10-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Who gives a fuck what they think? They aren't political scientists.

JoeChalupa
10-21-2004, 02:22 PM
And some wonder where the term "dumb jocks" comes from?

Hey, it was a joke okay! I support the American athlete!!

Hook Dem
10-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Who gives a fuck what they think? They aren't political scientists.
You're right Duff! Just like you were right about the Yankees! :lmao

Duff McCartney
10-21-2004, 08:51 PM
You're right Duff! Just like you were right about the Yankees! :lmao

What am I right about? That they aren't political scientists? That's something to be laugh at? They aren't political scientists so whats the big deal?

Hook Dem
10-21-2004, 09:37 PM
What am I right about? That they aren't political scientists? That's something to be laugh at? They aren't political scientists so whats the big deal?
"The Yankees are the best bitches" Do you have a short memory?

dcole50
10-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Karl Malone supports Bush?$#$%#$@%$#%%^

Struggling to still vote Republican...Struggling. Must stay the course. Must carry on.Hahaha, I was wondering how Karl Malone hating Republicans would handle this. I have to put up with famous idiots like Whoopi Goldberg on the other side of the isle, so it's not all roses there.

And, Duff, I'm a political science major and, trust me, it's as hard to get an honest, informed opinion out of them as it is anyone. :lol

Yonivore
10-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey, thanks for adding to my sigs-for-forging file. They're even labeled...too kind.

LandShark
10-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Duff, if you want some input from political scientists, check out this thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4680

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 11:18 AM
"The Yankees are the best bitches" Do you have a short memory?

When did I say the Yankees are the best bitches? Are you just making shit up?

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Duff, if you want some input from political scientists, check out this thread:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4680

I don't want input from political scientist, I'm just saying that nobody should give a fuck what pro athletes say...like I said...they aren't political scientists.

mysterious_elf26
10-22-2004, 11:23 AM
And why wouldn't pro athletes support Bush? I mean they get the biggest tax break with bush in office. Bush helps the rich get richer and could give a fuck about the middle-class to poor.

SpursWoman
10-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Wow...you're on a roll today, huh? Did you know that for the Richest of the Rich, the Bush administration also comes out and personally cleans all of their swimming pools?