PDA

View Full Version : No Time To Clear Brush!

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.thegully.com/essays/US/politics_2001/imgs_politics2/bush_tangled.jpg
No time for brush clearing Dubya!

By NEDRA PICKLER

WASHINGTON Aug 3, 2006 (AP)— Heading for his Texas ranch, President Bush will take his shortest summer vacation yet with turmoil in the Middle East and an uncertain future for his Republican Party in fall elections.

Bush leaves Washington on Thursday, but will return nine days later to tend to the problems abroad and at home that are weighing on his presidency. White House spokesman Tony Snow said the president will travel frequently during August a contrast to previous summers when he has spent nearly the entire month on his ranch.

The White House fought the image that the president would be tuned out even temporarily to problems in the Middle East, where there was no end in sight to fighting between Israel and Lebanon-based Hezbollah militants. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was going to the ranch during his first weekend in Texas. First lady Laura Bush was heading to the ranch Friday night.

"My guess is he's going to be working pretty hard," Snow said. "So this is not
something where he's simply going to be gallivanting and ignoring the realities
of the situation."

ABC News (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2268169)

"My guess is he's going to be working pretty hard"...avoiding Cindy Sheehan who recently bought some property next to Dubya's ranch with money she received from life insurance on her son Casey.

exstatic
08-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Cindy won't be there. The protests are set for later in the month.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Cindy won't be there. The protests are set for later in the month.

Last I heard she sent out an email that she changed around her plans so she could be there with Dubya.

Nbadan
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Sorry, it was on the Randy Rhoades show.

boutons_
08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
"My guess is he's going to be working pretty hard,"

The lies NEVER stop with these motherfuckers.