George Lynch
Calbert Cheaney, Golden State
Matt Barnes, Philadelphia
Bryon Russell, Denver
Ndudi Ebi
Donta Smith, Atlanta
Sean Banks, New Orleans
Terrence Morris, Orlando

To help out you can put SF's who are on the trading block. These are only the FAs.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Eric Williams, Toronto (Player option) We should take a look at this guy.

tempest186
08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
No Williams had to exercise his option for the trade with Toronto to work.

El_Mago
08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Maciej Lampe, Houston (Restricted)

I don't think he's ever played a lick of SF time, nor does he have the body of a SF.

Maciej plays Center.

All around, not a very impressive list.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2006, 08:02 PM
For the people who want Miles his contract is $32 Million for the next four years I think. So good luck thinking up a trade for that.

ChumpDumper
08-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Where are Munch and Jamar?

Kori Ellis
08-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Ronald Dupree, Minnesota (Restricted)

Signed with the Pistons

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Bryon Russell - Retired and working for the Nuggets organisation :smokin

exstatic
08-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Unless there is a trade or a Williams buyout in the works, I think the Spurs are done for this offseason. They have 14 players under contract, and if memory serves, they are butted right up against the LuxTax.

Kori Ellis
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree. Unless Barry/Williams/Oberto are being traded, I don't think the Spurs are doing anything else. I'd really like them to do one trade though, and get a little younger.

Sway
08-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Jumaine Jones or Qyntel Woods would fit in nicely with the Spurs.

exstatic
08-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I agree. Unless Barry/Williams/Oberto are being traded, I don't think the Spurs are doing anything else. I'd really like them to do one trade though, and get a little younger.
I'd like them to either trade Williams for some youth, or offer him a customary 50% buyout and use the LLE to sign Woods. I think the net cap/tax effect of that would actually be negative, as the LLE is less than 50% of Williams' contract. They'll have about 5 weeks after his trade waiting period expires on 21 August to try a trade package before the team leaves for France.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-04-2006, 10:35 PM
WHy has everyone cooled off on Jumaine Jones? How about S+T him for one of our scrubs and a 2nd rounder?

texbumTHElife
08-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Matt Barnes come here for cheap.

exstatic
08-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Barnes can't shoot.

I like J Jones, but I'm not sure he'd be interested in the '08 plan the Spurs seem to be putting together.

Rick Von Braun
08-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Jumaine Jones or Qyntel Woods would fit in nicely with the Spurs.

Agree... but I think the FO is standing pat.

venitian navigator
08-05-2006, 01:16 AM
I'd take Q. Woods as soon as possible.
LLE is the right price (two years). He would clearly be the best offensive talented and the younger and the best rebounder of our small forwards...and I think the one year with Brown has been the best thing happened to his career.

Bruno
08-05-2006, 04:59 AM
I really like to get Jumaine Jones.
The interesting thing is that Charlotte will likely sign Hermann and with Morisson and Wallace, I don't see them re-signing JJ. There are too few team that can give (and will) give a big part of the MLE, maybe he will sign a deal like Stevenson or a S&T with Barry can be a good solution.

Parker 09
08-05-2006, 09:28 AM
that list outside of JJ is really poor, man lets just bring elliot out of retirement, we'd be better off

exstatic
08-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Jumaine Jones, Charlotte - good option
Walter McCarty, LA Clippers - old
Laron Profit, LA Lakers - not listed on NBA player pages. Wonder why?
Qyntel Woods, New York -very talented, issues
Lee Nailon, Philadelphia - doper, not young
Ronald Dupree, Minnesota (Restricted) -signed
Maciej Lampe, Houston (Restricted) - not SF
George Lynch - no offense or shot
Calbert Cheaney, Golden State - beyond old...fossil
Matt Barnes, Philadelphia - can't shoot
Bryon Russell, Denver - fossil
Ndudi Ebi - young, still raw, shitty agent
Donta Smith, Atlanta - young, raw
Sean Banks, New Orleans - ???
Terrence Morris, Orlando - talented, lazy, not young

Gin N Juice
08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Jumaine Jones, Charlotte
Walter McCarty, LA Clippers
Laron Profit, LA Lakers
Qyntel Woods, New York
Lee Nailon, Philadelphia
Ronald Dupree, Minnesota (Restricted)
Maciej Lampe, Houston (Restricted)
George Lynch
Calbert Cheaney, Golden State
Matt Barnes, Philadelphia
Bryon Russell, Denver
Ndudi Ebi
Donta Smith, Atlanta
Sean Banks, New Orleans
Terrence Morris, Orlando

To help out you can put SF's who are on the trading block. These are only the FAs.

Spending time with Hakeem and this is what he thinks.
"I think Ndudi was too young, too unprepared for the NBA the first time," Olajuwon said. "Now I see stronger, more confident moves. I tell him something one day, and he comes back the next day and uses it. I think he's ready."

Could be a better version of Sjax, he's young and he's cheap.

nbadraft.net profile

Ebi is the all around player that coaches love to have on their team. He brings a great deal of versatility to the game. At 6-9, he’s big enough to play inside but also athletic enough to play the wing. In terms of playing professionally, Ebi will likely play the small forward spot. He can handle the ball with little problems but will likely need to spend more time in that department in order to become a true threat at the small forward position.

Due to his size, he usually finds himself inside on both sides of the floor. Against smaller and quicker teams, Ebi stepped out to the wing and showed off his ball handling and high arching jump shot. His jumper is as sweet as they come. He has range from all parts of the floor. He works hard at getting points in the paint and does a nice job of elevating over his defender.

There will always be questions regarding his ability to handle much bigger and stronger players inside the paint. His slender build will create lopsided mismatches between himself and the usually bigger power forwards. Ebi did show off his post skills against the super huge 6-9, 275 star junior Al Jefferson this summer at the Nike Peach Jam. Ebi played the big man fairly well on the blocks, swatting Jefferson’s shot at least five times.

Ebi’s attention to helping out on the weak side on defense was also another reason why he had so much success defensively in the paint. His long arms certainly swayed potential shots away. His arms also got into the passing lanes, knocking the ball loose for a transition bucket. He has great body control despite playing with a bum knee.

exstatic
08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
The problem with Ebi is that his agent is Arn Tellem, arch-nemesis of Greg Popovich. Even if the Spurs sign him, start the countdown to when he leaves, because he will. Tellem is a "money" agent. He doesn't work with teams, he puts them on the rack. When Big Ben hired him, I knew he was leaving Detroit. I'd hate to sink developmental time and effort into a player who's agent WILL pull him to another team when his contract is up.

JamStone
08-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Calbert Cheaney would make the average age on the Spurs bench 53.

Rick Von Braun
08-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Jumaine Jones is an interesting option and he would be an excellent choice given the market and the resources available. Charlotte wants to get rid of a contract, and wants Wallace, Morrison and Hermann on the team. I read somewhere that Michael Jorden gave the OK for Hermann's contract (not signed yet, since they want to get rid of a contract first), so Jumaine Jones should be available.

I believe this is a good opportunity. I doubt the FO does anything though...

Gin N Juice
08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
The problem with Ebi is that his agent is Arn Tellem, arch-nemesis of Greg Popovich. Even if the Spurs sign him, start the countdown to when he leaves, because he will. Tellem is a "money" agent. He doesn't work with teams, he puts them on the rack. When Big Ben hired him, I knew he was leaving Detroit. I'd hate to sink developmental time and effort into a player who's agent WILL pull him to another team when his contract is up.

Ahhhhhhhh didn't know that.

exstatic
08-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Ahhhhhhhh didn't know that.
They had a verbal agreement to sign Lamond Murray from the Clips in '99 during the waiting period while the salary cap is calculated. They even submitted it to the league for validation. Tellem reneged, backed out when Cleveland offered a sign and trade for more money. That was the point when RC Buford started the journey that ended with him becoming the GM. Pop was so furious, he refused to negotiate that same summer with Tellem in the Will Perdue contract. RC was tasked with it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2006, 05:32 PM
They had a verbal agreement to sign Lamond Murray from the Clips in '99 during the waiting period while the salary cap is calculated. They even submitted it to the league for validation. Tellem reneged, backed out when Cleveland offered a sign and trade for more money. That was the point when RC Buford started the journey that ended with him becoming the GM. Pop was so furious, he refused to negotiate that same summer with Tellem in the Will Perdue contract. RC was tasked with it.
The Bastard!

Gin N Juice
08-06-2006, 09:10 AM

I guess he changed agents because I found this article mentioning his agent Dan Fegan. Isn't he Wade's agent?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/twolves/2005-10-21-ebi_x.htm

"It's premature to speculate on whether Ndudi is truly a candidate for this type of option," Ebi's agent, Dan Fegan, told The Associated Press.