PDA

View Full Version : Pop on Ticket 760: Audio

KoriEllis
08-23-2004, 04:47 PM
at 4pm

Link to the audio:

www.woai.com/spurs/story....66C77BD8B0 (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=A669DC58-DA8F-4077-AD36-B166C77BD8B0)

Pop OFits
08-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Suggested Spurs-related questions for Jeff Vexler to ask Pop:

1) Viktor Sanikidze has been in SA (reportedly from French press) for the past week or two. What is his status? Long-term project or near-term plans?

2) Are you going to sign another player from the International ranks? What other players do you see the Spurs adding?

3) What really happened with Karem Gonlum from Turkish NT? Is that deal completely dead now or are there other negotiations taking place there with Ulker?

4) Timmy's knee status?

5) Status of plans in signing draft picks Luis Scola and Robertas Javtokas? This year? Next year? Don't know?

5)

KoriEllis
08-23-2004, 05:32 PM
I think it will be Don Harris asking Pop.

But let's see if they will at least attempt to ask some Spurs stuff.

Pop OFits
08-23-2004, 05:39 PM
I think it will be Don Harris asking Pop.

If the past is any indicator of the future, Don Harris will be delivering his lengthy comments and perspectives and then asking if Pop agrees or disagrees. "Am I right in saying, Pop...?"

KoriEllis
08-23-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't know about today. But I know in the future, The Pop Show will just be hosted by Don.

Pooh
08-23-2004, 05:58 PM
"Am I right in saying, Pop...?"

What will be the over/under on the number of times Don Harris will say that during the Pop show

Das Texan
08-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Can I hire a hitman to take out Don Harris?

Pooh
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Can I hire a hitman to take out Don Harris?

Please...I'll bring the bullets, hollow tiped of course.

Pop OFits
08-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I am so very proud of Don. He did a terrific job of asking questions and wisely using the time he had.

Don is clearly taking feedback constructively and improving his craft.

Don didn't ask a lot of Spurs questions but they were good, open ended and efficient questions.

Tim's knee is fine.
Scola would have been brought over this year but his buyout is too high. Some of the players the Spurs are interested in signing are making so much money, with the NBA buyout being limited to only $350K, it's not worth it for some of the players to sign for near the minimum and they have to repay their clubs up to $1M or more.

Pop OFits
08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Don asked Pop pointedly, why haven't you signed Sarunas Jasikevicius? Pop said something like, "that's it, get on my case about that, that's good."

Then Pop responded by saying that they did try to sign him last season as a backup for Tony. The Spurs contacted his agent and his club and the same day the Spurs were trying to work something out with Sarunas' agent, he agreed to a deal with Maccabi.

SequSpur
08-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Popadunce should have taken that 25 million and signed an AMERICAN that could play instead of Anthony Carter.

Pop is always looking for the diamond in the rough instead of something right there slapping him in the face.

Pop is a god damn idiot.

This year you will see.

Again.

T Park Num 9
08-23-2004, 10:15 PM
wait.

Didnt you say the other day that you wanted the Spurs to sign this European point guard???

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIDGET MIND!!!!!!!!!!