PDA

View Full Version : What Really Happened: Where were the Israeli Soldiers captured by Hezbollah?

Nbadan
08-05-2006, 05:05 AM
Let's put this disinformation to rest:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/carte-finul.gif
Israeli troops were captured in Aïta Al-Chaab

The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them. The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity

forbes (http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/07/12/ap2873051.html)

Lebanon?

TRANSLATION: According to the Lebanese police force, the two soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aïta Al-Chaab close to the border, whereas Israeli television indicated that they had been captured in Israeli territory

Yahoo News (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/Hezbollah_liban.html)

More proof:

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory

Asia Times (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG15Ak02.html)

In the afternoon, the scene changed in the streets of southern Lebanon, which was the target of 32 Israeli raids that mainly targeted areas near the area where the two soldiers were captured in Aita al Chaab, close to the border with Israel

Monsterandcritics (http://news.monstersandcritics.com/middleeast/article_1180404.php/Hezbollah_back_in_the_spotlight_after_capturing_so ldiers)

Do you get it yet?

Israel sent troops across the border into Lebanon. They then claimed the captured invaders were "kidnap victims" to the Israeli and International press.

Nbadan
08-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Or....Hezbollah are better tacticians than Yoni gives them credit for:

"...The fighting began at about 9:00 A.M., when a group of reserve soldiers in two armored jeeps was conducting a routine patrol of the border. As the jeeps passed between Moshav Zarit and Moshav Shtula, Hezbollah attacked.

An initial inquiry revealed that the Hezbollah operatives had crossed the border earlier via a "dead zone" in the border fence not visible from any of the IDF lookout posts. There are dozens of similar "dead zones" along the northern border, though the IDF said that lookout cameras to cover this particular spot were due to be installed next week. The assailants may have used a wheeled ladder to climb over the fence.

The operatives hid themselves in an overgrown wadi about 200 meters on the Israeli side of the fence and waited until the IDF troops arrived, whereupon they attacked, apparently with a combination of explosives and antitank missiles.

Three soldiers were killed during the initial assault, while one soldier was seriously wounded, another lightly wounded and a third suffered a shrapnel scratch. In addition, the assailants kidnapped two soldiers, whose medical condition is unknown. According to the IDF, Hezbollah probably had an escape vehicle waiting on the other side of the fence. The entire incident took no more than 10 minutes, and the Israeli soldiers apparently never fired a shot.

According to GOC Northern Command Udi Adam, the IDF had no intelligence warnings of the Hezbollah attack. After Shalit was kidnapped, he said, the army decided to up the alert level in the north for fear of a similar attack, but a few days ago, the alert was lowered again.

Haaretz (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/737825.html)

ShackO
08-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I have seen that several times but those are the only sources to say that....... The forbes one I just saw earlier today on another site.....

Several other sources have said the opposite........???

Certainly it would be a gulf of Tonkin type revelation if it is proven but thus far I am not convinced it is valid.......

Nbadan
08-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Asia Times has proven to be highly reliable when it comes to reporting contradicting stories of events like this...

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory.

This unleashed hell in Israel, and Olmert immediately responded by mounting a war on Lebanon. A sea, air and ground blockade was enforced on Lebanon, and a systematic destruction of Lebanon's infrastructure was began.

Hezbollah responded by wounding 11 Israelis with Katyusha-style rockets fired on the town of Safad in northern Israel. Hezbollah secretary general Hassan Nasrallah gave a press conference hours after the hostilities started. He was confident, articulate, strong and very defiant, as usual, saying that this operation aimed at getting the Israelis to release Lebanese prisoners from their jails.

Asia Times (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG15Ak02.html)

boutons_
08-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Did AT have their reporters embedded with the Isrealis or Hezbollah and were on the spot?

If not, they're hanging out the same 2nd-hand or 3rd-hand laundry like everybody else.

If the Hezbollah aren't saying the Israelis invaded Lebanon, then I've got to wonder why. It would be to Hezbollah's advantage to look like the victim as well as being able to resist.

Nbadan
08-06-2006, 03:21 AM
If the Hezbollah aren't saying the Israelis invaded Lebanon, then I've got to wonder why. It would be to Hezbollah's advantage to look like the victim as well as being able to resist.

Hezbollah has been saying this all along. No that any of the American M$M is gonna report it though.

ShackO
08-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Hezbollah has been saying this all along. No that any of the American M$M is gonna report it though.

http://milwaukee.indymedia.org/images/2005/04/203191.jpg

gtownspur
08-06-2006, 07:27 PM

Why?

Because they love Israel Right? :lol

They'll report on Abu Graib but not Israeli war tactics. :rolleyes

IceColdBrewski
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Asia Times has proven to be highly reliable when it comes to reporting contradicting stories of events like this...

Says who?

FarPastGone
08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
I believe that it was reported that the abducted Israeli soldiers were on the Israel side of the border initially just as reports were comming out, but as more information arose on the situation it became clear they were in Lebanon.

However Hezbollad has made incursions in to Israel to abduct IDF soldiers to use as negotiating leverage to return Lebanese prisoners home, and it has worked in the past. I also believe this is why reports last week came out saying Nasrallah was sort of stunned with Israels response.

Nbadan
08-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Says who?

Says their track record versus the American M$M. How long have they been denying that Iraq is on the brink of Civil War anyway?

Nbadan
08-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I believe that it was reported that the abducted Israeli soldiers were on the Israel side of the border initially just as reports were comming out, but as more information arose on the situation it became clear they were in Lebanon.

However Hezbollad has made incursions in to Israel to abduct IDF soldiers to use as negotiating leverage to return Lebanese prisoners home, and it has worked in the past. I also believe this is why reports last week came out saying Nasrallah was sort of stunned with Israels response.

I think it was the other way around. Initial reports were that an Israeli team had been ambushed in Southern Lebanon and 8 Israelis were killed. Then all the sudden we get the Hezbollah penetration across the blue-line and abducted 2 Israeli soldiers, killed 1, and hurt many others story.

I have a feeling that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
If you find the right source, you can prove that Israel is firing flares at innocent civilians from airplanes. How are we going to explain away the rocket attacks and the suicide bombings? How about in 2000 when Hezbollah disguised themselves as UN observers to kidnap Israeli soldiers? Thanks to the UN, Israel had to give up over 400 prisoners just to get those soldiers' bodies back.

Some of you fucking people are completely shameless.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Asia Times is a reliable source? :lmao

I hear that if you stand on your head for five minutes that the water in Canyon Lake turns pink too.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Asia Times is a reliable source? :lmao
Consider the source. Someone that believes everything America's enemies say but disbelieves anything the government says has a problem.

Nbadan
08-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Consider the source. Someone that believes everything America's enemies say but disbelieves anything the government says has a problem.

Because the Bush administration has such a great track record for telling the truth and the corporate M$M for reporting it, right?

:rolleyes

Nbadan
08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Whatever you believe started this latest incident It's a bit naive to believe that Hezbollah has been completely unprovoked...

Israel responded to an unprovoked attack by Hizbullah, right? Wrong
The assault on Lebanon was premeditated - the soldiers' capture simply provided the excuse. It was also unnecessary
by George Monbiot
August 07, 2006
UK Guardian

Whatever we think of Israel's assault on Lebanon, all of us seem to agree about one fact: that it was a response, however disproportionate, to an unprovoked attack by Hizbullah. I repeated this "fact" in my last column, when I wrote that "Hizbullah fired the first shots". This being so, the Israeli government's supporters ask peaceniks like me, what would you have done? It's an important question. But its premise, I have now discovered, is flawed.

Since Israel's withdrawal from southern Lebanon in May 2000, there have been hundreds of violations of the "blue line" between the two countries. The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (Unifil) reports that Israeli aircraft crossed the line "on an almost daily basis" between 2001 and 2003, and "persistently" until 2006. These incursions "caused great concern to the civilian population, particularly low-altitude flights that break the sound barrier over populated areas". On some occasions, Hizbullah tried to shoot them down with anti-aircraft guns.

In October 2000, the Israel Defence Forces shot at unarmed Palestinian demonstrators on the border, killing three and wounding 20. In response, Hizbullah crossed the line and kidnapped three Israeli soldiers. On several occasions, Hizbullah fired missiles and mortar rounds at IDF positions, and the IDF responded with heavy artillery and sometimes aerial bombardment. Incidents like this killed three Israelis and three Lebanese in 2003; one Israeli soldier and two Hizbullah fighters in 2005; and two Lebanese people and three Israeli soldiers in February 2006. Rockets were fired from Lebanon into Israel several times in 2004, 2005 and 2006, on some occasions by Hizbullah. But, the UN records, "none of the incidents resulted in a military escalation".

On May 26 this year, two officials of Islamic Jihad - Nidal and Mahmoud Majzoub - were killed by a car bomb in the Lebanese city of Sidon. This was widely assumed in Lebanon and Israel to be the work of Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency. In June, a man named Mahmoud Rafeh confessed to the killings and admitted that he had been working for Mossad since 1994. Militants in southern Lebanon responded, on the day of the bombing, by launching eight rockets into Israel. One soldier was lightly wounded. There was a major bust-up on the border, during which one member of Hizbullah was killed and several wounded, and one Israeli soldier wounded. But while the border region "remained tense and volatile", Unifil says it was "generally quiet" until July 12.

ZMag (http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=107&ItemID=10722)

boutons_
08-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Hezbollah has been shown by their rockets and fortifications to have been armed to the teeth. Israel knew that, and that it was only a matter of time before Hezbollah used those arms, so Isreal moved first, always the best offense.

Nbadan
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Same thing with Iran. That's what I don't get about all these chicken-hawks so eager to attack Iran, hell, Iran has missiles that put what Hezbollah has been using against the Israelis to shame and could easily make things very though for everyone in the Middle East and even Eastern Europe.

boutons_
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Hezbollah as an invisible militia proxying for Iran is much different from and more acceptable in attacking Israel than Iran as a visible state attacking Israel.

Is why I think Iran would much rather throw unlimited support behind Hezbollah rather than Iran as Iran attack Israel.

A big question is how long the West will allow Syria and Iran to support/provoke Hezbollah + Hamas against Israel without repercussions for Syria and Iran.