PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Offer Murphy For Harrington

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Golden State general manager Chris Mullin hopes that Al Harrington's decision to switch agents allows him to re-enter the picture.

Mullin, a teammate of Harrington's for two seasons with the Pacers, has reportedly offered forward Troy Murphy for Harrington in a sign-and-trade package with Atlanta.
"I'll be on the phone later today for sure," Mullin told the San Jose Mercury News on Wednesday. "If they (the Hawks) want to do a basketball deal, they can do a good deal where we can be as big a player as anybody."

The Pacers were regarded as the lone contender for Harrington before he fired agent Andy Miller and hired Arn Tellem.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.d...541/1004/SPORTS

TDMVPDPOY
08-05-2006, 12:13 PM
worst trade for gsw

DDS4
08-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Kinda hard to do trades with the Hawks when the owners are bickering with each other. Atlanta isn't going to take on players with contracts.

Not gonna happen until that situation clears up.

exstatic
08-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Kinda hard to do trades with the Hawks when the owners are bickering with each other. Atlanta isn't going to take on players with contracts.

Not gonna happen until that situation clears up.
The judge has already cleared that one year limitation. That only lasted a matter of days. Any further limitations are strictly by owner choice.

I think ATL never intended to take back contracts for Harrington, even before the ownership flap. They have a few young players that are going to get PAID in the next couple of years.

Kori Ellis
08-05-2006, 02:23 PM
It's interesting that Harrington, Bonzi and Wilcox are all still unsigned.

I don't know what's going to happen to Bonzi, Harrington will probably still end up in Indy, looks like Wilcox might just take the QO.

Burn531
08-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Atlanta better get someone with Murphy. GS has plenty of young players the Hawks would want.