PDA

View Full Version : I know theres a FIBA thread but....

rasho8
08-06-2006, 04:04 AM
I have rewatched the USA/PUR game a couple times now, and once our team settled down I have to say... I havent been this excited about USA FIBA ball since the dream team in 1992 when I was just a kid.

The team we have is so deep and so well rounded, everyone is bringing an energy and a drive that has been lacking in USA ball for years. Coach K has done an incredible job so far bringing in players both superstars and role-players who want to be here and are hungry for a new face on USA ball.

Bowen belongs on that team... when we meet up against Argentina in the finals, Slovenia in the group play and the other great teams out there, I cant wait to see him play his unique style of suffocating defense that makes him so good against their stars. Reading about how much excitement and drive he brings to the team, if this exhibition game is any kind of measurement (and albeit it is a small measurement) I think we are well on our way to bringing USA dominance back to the International level.

Kobe said it best... "defensively, Bruce Bowen was the toughest for me to go up against."

Go Bowen, D-Wade, LeBron and Melo.... Go USA.

Pero
08-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I`m not sure if Bowens defense will be so evident in the WC. Most teams are more team oriented, and don`t neccesseraly have just one star or something. It will be more important how the entire U.S. team plays defense. It won`t be so good if just Bowen plays defense, even if it is great.

hendrix
08-06-2006, 10:12 AM
1. I'm not sure if Argentina will reach the finals. Oveja Hernandez is working the team but yesterday they played like shit, although they eventually won over a Top 5 team like Lithuania.

2. USA gets a little nervous when they see the light-blue and white ;) So even though this team is better than previous "Dream Teams" (2002 and 2004)... I'm kind of counting on the "shaking knees" factor if they meet. ;)

Pero
08-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm kind of counting on the "shaking kness" factor if they meet.

I think they won`t be shaking lol. They`ll want revenge. But, that can lead to nervousness and stuff as well.

danyel
08-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Bowen might not be as efective as he is in the NBA but that kind of defense is always helpful.

Team USA is the favourite, just as they were the last two big tournaments. Spain, Argentina and maybe Greece are next and they can beat Team USA on an inspired night.