PDA

View Full Version : Pops

rasho8
08-06-2006, 06:25 AM
I watched Pops Mensah-Bonsu play after I heard ESPN throw around some talk about him a few weeks before the NCAA Tourney... and I am amazed the Spurs didnt go for him in some way... he was indrafted and was cheap, he played very well in the NCAA, and sometimes that doesnt translate to talent in the NBA, but he was athletic, long, 6'9", averaged almost 13 pts and 7 rebounds per game... he could have been a solid prospect... wonder why we didnt go for him, he plays Forward, would have been a great backup SF in a year or two....

Yeah he had knee surgery a while back but we could have gotten some good minutes out if him I think..

Someone tell me if Im just high or if Im right... Im wondering if I missed something he sucked at.

Bruno
08-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Pops has no perimeter game at all, he is a PF not a SF.
If Spurs want an athletic defensive rebounding SF, Marcus Slaughter seems to be a better choice. He was a top NCAA rebounder and has been quite good with lakers summer league team.

A Man of Few Words
08-06-2006, 08:48 AM
:nope

mabber
08-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Pops has no perimeter game at all, he is a PF not a SF.
If Spurs want an athletic defensive rebounding SF, Marcus Slaughter seems to be a better choice. He was a top NCAA rebounder and has been quite good with lakers summer league team.

Yeah, Pops is a project. He won't have any impact on the Mavs team this season. The Mavs basically just replaced on project (Pavel) for another project (Pops) as the 15th player. Even if he pans out, he'll never be anything more than a backup since he can't shoot from beyond 10 feet.

ChumpDumper
08-06-2006, 11:21 AM
You're high.

rasho8
08-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Guess Im just high then... hehe

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Are you the same guy that was high on beno? If so, you are high on a lot of things.