PDA

View Full Version : The reason you lost agaisnt the Mavs last season

Louis
08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
No it wasn't "small ball"

It was the stupidity of your coach...

Nowitzki can not be guarded one on one, he demands to get double teamed...

From what I saw, Bowen was guarding Nowitzki one on one and that was what cost the Spurs the series...

Bowen lovers need a reality check

Can you believe this??

exstatic
08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Where were the Rockettes again? Oh yea. Golfing. Fuck off. Call us when your team makes the playoffs.

Louis
08-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Where were the Rockettes again? Oh yea. Golfing. Fuck off. Call us when your team makes the playoffs.

Huh?

We're talking about the Mavs and Spurs...

Nice comeback..

Spurs fans are in denial...

Eric Dampier
08-06-2006, 01:25 PM

From what I saw, Bowen was guarding Nowitzki one on one and that was what cost the Spurs the series...

Can you believe this??

your right but your also wrong. unless your team has one three rings or have beaten San Antonio and gone on to win the championship, then you will always be wrong here. remember that. just join the trolls!

Solid D
08-06-2006, 01:32 PM

How often did you watch the series? The Spurs doubled Dirk and they didn't always defend him with Bruce. They tried lots of different looks on Dirk. Finley probably did the best job but he still couldn't contain Dirk by himself.

td4mvp21
08-06-2006, 01:32 PM
He has a point. Pop should have ran a zone. Miami did in Games 3-6 and look what happened.

Louis
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
your right but your also wrong. unless your team has one three rings or have beaten San Antonio and gone on to win the championship, then you will always be wrong here. remember that. just join the trolls!

Mavs fans need to shut the fuck up when talking about rings and championships...

baseline bum
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I think the #1 factor in the Spurs demise was how badly they were outrebounded by Dallas. They got plenty of stops, but usually ended up giving up the offensive board from the way they had to collapse to cut off Dallas' penetration. Devin Harris' play pretty much turned that series in the Mavs favor. The team didn't get much from the backup PG spot or from their bigs outside of Duncan, but the rebounding was killer.

Matt Bonner
08-06-2006, 02:03 PM
:lol a houston fan....

I'll be waiting for my first championship ring next season.

polandprzem
08-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Can you believe this??

At last we have an original opinion

Rollfrickineyes

Rip-Hamilton32
08-06-2006, 02:17 PM
i can't believe people are still talking about this..shut up its over..this isn't news this is just a waste of time. talk about next season and how your gonna improve not how your gonna improve on something that has passed

Extra Stout
08-06-2006, 02:21 PM

Can you believe this??
You seem to have it out for Bruce Bowen for whatever reason. In this case your prejudice is shading your opinion towards faulty conclusions.

What killed the Spurs was that nobody on their team over 6'7", including Duncan or Horry, could stay in front of Nowitzki or Howard.

This forced the Spurs into "small ball" lineups that compromised their entire defensive scheme. It's a testament to their latent offensive potency and their championship heart that they made the series so tight.

You are right that nobody can stop Nowitzki one-on-one. Bowen does as good a job as a 6'7" swingman can do on the 7'1" Nowitzki. But with a six-inch height advantage, Nowitzki is going to be able to shoot over the top of him if he gets any room at all.

Typically the Spurs would use a big man as a help defender on Nowitzki. However, since Duncan was the only frontcourt player who could get on the floor, the Spurs dared not send him over as a help defender very often, lest he get in foul trouble, especially since the series was being called so close.

Eric Dampier
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
:lol a houston fan....

I'll be waiting for my first championship ring next season.

:lol

itll be fun dominating your ass next season

THE SIXTH MAN
08-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Is this bitch a mavs troll? Who gives a shit about why the spurs lost to the mavs. This shit has been disscused in numerous threds. Seeing most of your post one can assum you are troll. That or your a moron that cant put together a clever argumant to support your own bullshit. Or you have a tremendous amount of sand in your vagina. Either or its not the fact that your hate for the spurs is what has people here say you're an idiot. Its the FACT that you suck at it.

THE SIXTH MAN
08-06-2006, 03:28 PM

Can you believe this??
No one here gives a shit if you hate the spurs or not. But if your going to talk shit you can at least try to sound like you know what your talking about.

A Man of Few Words
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

phxspurfan
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
go spurs go

jaffies
08-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Mavs fans need to shut the fuck up when talking about rings and championships...

Rockets fans need to shut the fuck up when talking about playoffs...

confined
08-06-2006, 05:33 PM
No one here gives a shit if you hate the spurs or not. But if your going to talk shit you can at least try to sound like you know what your talking about.

im sure he doesnt HATE the spurs... i mean come on ...lets keep it real...

bdictjames
08-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Dallas had too many big men.. Dampier, Dioop and Nowitzki could all get offensive rebounds. ANd they're all like 7 footers. And what do the Spurs have on the court? One 7 footer. That's pretty much shows everything there. Next year we'll have Elson grabbing boards and we'll see how you Mavs fans react

sanman53
08-06-2006, 06:19 PM
He has a point. Pop should have ran a zone. Miami did in Games 3-6 and look what happened.

Didn't Jim Boeheim go to the Islands last summer to work with the Spurs' zone defense? I didn't get to watch many games (only internet radio and yahoo) last season, so I was wondering if they played zone often in the playoffs?

spurs=bling
08-06-2006, 06:24 PM
against

ALVAREZ6
08-06-2006, 06:26 PM
:lmao

what a fucking retard this Louis guy

RapeSauce
08-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Its just the fact that no one can guard dirk nowitzki, only way to beat him is if he has a bad night... o yea and heat blow

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-06-2006, 06:45 PM
You're tellin us about why we didn't win the west finals, you can't even say why you lost a playoff series. And plus we all know that it was Pop has a little blame for us losing ONLY ABOUT SINCE THE MINUTE WE LOST THAT GAME and you're barely telling us now? Are you in a different time zone where it goes by months instead of hours or something? What are you gonna tell us next? The reason the West the 04 all star game?

exstatic
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Its just the fact that no one can guard dirk nowitzki, only way to beat him is if he has a bad night... o yea and heat blow the Mavs off the floor.
Fixed it.

confined
08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
omg...its not pops fault that the spurs lost that series...well it is to some degree....he wanted bowen on dirk...knowing duncan couldnt guard him and bruce is ur best defender anway...on the other hand in a conventional defensive scheme, bowen shoulda been gaurding howard...and dunacn shoulda been guarding dirk...but pop wanted tim to guard diop/dampier knowing that they arent much of an offensive threat....it was actually a good ajustment by pop...but the flaw in this scheme is that the spurs have very very little rebounding on the floor...
....so to answer the houston guy yes the reason the mavs took down the spurs is cuz bowen couldnt stop dirk...and the spurs just didnt have the personel to match up with the mavs

all of this has probably been said before but whatever

dallasmavsnfuego214
08-06-2006, 08:26 PM
i know im just gonna get blasted or get the

"Spurs 3

Mavs 0"

remark. but IMO, the shouldve put Horry on Dirk or Oberto. hustle player that could frustrate him. i remember one playoff series, against the Kings, that Webber was dominating our ass and we put Najera on him and that worked magic. he got technicals and his scoring really dropped.

confined
08-06-2006, 08:33 PM
yeah i dont kno why horry didnt play more

exstatic
08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Horry wasn't in shape for big minutes. He's not a kid any more. He admitted as much in the aftermath, and vowed to come to camp in shape this year.

JamStone
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Did the playoffs just end???

spurs=bling
08-06-2006, 10:19 PM
:lmao

what a fucking retard this Louis guy
Alvarez don't we have a word for this in spanish?

SpursWillOwn
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Guess We Have To Figure Out How To Score Another Point Or More To Stfu With Small Ball Critics

T-Pain
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM

Can you believe this??
hey my dads name is louis

Louis
08-07-2006, 12:31 AM

I finally got the sarcasm...

Yes you are right...

Louis
08-07-2006, 12:34 AM
How often did you watch the series? The Spurs doubled Dirk and they didn't always defend him with Bruce. They tried lots of different looks on Dirk. Finley probably did the best job but he still couldn't contain Dirk by himself.

Yeah..

Game 7:

Game on the line, Bowen was guarding Nowitzki one on one before Ginobili comitted the foul that cost them the entire series...

ChumpDumper
08-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Right, so that's Bowen's fault. :rolleyes

I'm impressed you watched SportsCenter that night.

Mavs_man_41
08-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Right, so that's Bowen's fault. :rolleyes

I'm impressed you watched SportsCenter that night.

On his behalf, hes not saying its Bowen's fault, hes saying Popovich is dumb for having Bowen guard Dirk 1 on 1.

Doug Collins
08-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Spurs 3
Mavs 0

Rockets 2...I had to do it.

Dre_7
08-07-2006, 02:34 AM
I didnt read the replies, but the reason SA lost was because they didnt make the plays they needed to down the stretch of game 7. Thats it. If Manu doesnt foul, or if he hits the runner, or if Tim gets the putback, SA would have one. They didnt make the plays, plain and simple.