PDA

View Full Version : NBA LIVE and some of the new Spurs

davi78239
08-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Francisco seems okay (can't really shoot worth a shit) and Jackie Butler is fat, but boy can he throw it down! Can't wait to see the real world version of these guys.

caฎlo
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
jackie butler is also one heck of an offensive rebounder in nba live.

can also throws mean dunks! i miss rashos shotblocking though.

confined
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
manu, joe johnson, and shawn marion are rated better than nowitzki in live 06...thats just fucked up

SequSpur
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
:lmao

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
manu, joe johnson, and shawn marion are rated better than nowitzki in live 06...thats just fucked up

Did you factor in his choking rating? That can bring his overall rating down. Don't forgot his softness inside too.

confined
08-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Did you factor in his choking rating? That can bring his overall rating down. Don't forgot his softness inside too.

in the game his superstar is inside scorer...so hes not that soft...
hes tied with ray allen for the best field goal rating in the game so.... :spin

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 11:59 AM
in the game his superstar is inside scorer...so hes not that soft...
hes tied with ray allen for the best field goal rating in the game so.... :spin

Stern told the makers to put him as inside scorer to spike the ratings of the game. Yes he can shot but his inside scoring never happens in an nba game

LB7
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah you're right...he looked like a choker when he took it to the hole and hit the FT to tie the game in game 7. And when we were losing by 3 to the Grizz and he hits a three to tie it. And when he hit his game-winner over Chris Kaman in one of the last games of the season. And when he hit 50 to take over the game and beat the Suns in the Conf. Finals. Wow, thats choking big-time. Give me a break. He has hit plenty of clutch shots and made clutch plays. You're sipping a little too much Spur kool-aid if you think otherwise.

Even MJ didn't hit every clutch shot he ever took.

Gino20
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know when the new NBA Live drops in stores? Any new features?

A Man of Few Words
08-07-2006, 12:06 PM

where was Manu during the Finals this year? :oops

Gino20
08-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Manu was at home resting. In the end, he has two rings. For one championship, he made a HUGE contribution and was an allstar during that season. If i am correct, I believe he was one vote shy of earning MVP honors for the finals as well. He also has Olympic gold and not many USA players can say that....can't knock the guy one bit.....

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 12:11 PM
where was Manu during the Finals this year? :oops

Detroit is unavailable for comment right now.

Budkin
08-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah you're right...he looked like a choker when he took it to the hole and hit the FT to tie the game in game 7. And when we were losing by 3 to the Grizz and he hits a three to tie it. And when he hit his game-winner over Chris Kaman in one of the last games of the season. And when he hit 50 to take over the game and beat the Suns in the Conf. Finals. Wow, thats choking big-time. Give me a break. He has hit plenty of clutch shots and made clutch plays. You're sipping a little too much Spur kool-aid if you think otherwise.

Choking that bad in the Finals makes the rest of it meaningless. As Manu Ginobili said last year before Game 7 of the Finals, "You either win it all, or you go home with nothing." He's right.

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks for bringing up the MJ reference because he hit shots WHEN THEY MATTERED. That's called clutch. MJ has SIX rings. Dirk has.....well he has an NBA three point trophy.

Watching Dirk miss a wide open layup to win the game in the WCF was laughable. SpursTalk has all your coverage in threads if you missed that. He could have killed the series but he got little shaky. Great job by him in game7. Dallas was the better team that day.

NBA Finals = not much better. Dirk played well but every time Dallas needed a bucket, he panicked and missed. It's that simple.

The important to remember is that Dirk will always be soft. 90% of his shots are jumpshots. He will never be a post up player. He needs a big man to complement him, but hey I'm no Cubie.

ALVAREZ6
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Don't get any predictions from NBA fucking Live.

You can score 50 points easily in 5 minute quarters with Brent Barry or Voshon Lenard, even on tougher difficulty levels.

LB7
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Choking that bad in the Finals makes the rest of it meaningless. As Manu Ginobili said last year before Game 7 of the Finals, "You either win it all, or you go home with nothing." He's right.
Yes but if you judge a guy based on one series, then everyone would be chokers. From what I have read, Parker was a choker in the playoffs til this year. Does that make him a choker for the rest of his life? Nope. Get a life. Dirk has improved his inside game immensely. It will only get better and being that he doesn't have to rely on it will only help more.

LB7
08-07-2006, 03:23 PM

Thanks for bringing up the MJ reference because he hit shots WHEN THEY MATTERED. That's called clutch. MJ has SIX rings. Dirk has.....well he has an NBA three point trophy.

Watching Dirk miss a wide open layup to win the game in the WCF was laughable. SpursTalk has all your coverage in threads if you missed that. He could have killed the series but he got little shaky. Great job by him in game7. Dallas was the better team that day.

NBA Finals = not much better. Dirk played well but every time Dallas needed a bucket, he panicked and missed. It's that simple.

The important to remember is that Dirk will always be soft. 90% of his shots are jumpshots. He will never be a post up player. He needs a big man to complement him, but hey I'm no Cubie.

So, Im assuming when you say 90% of his shots are jumpshots that you actually have the numbers to back this up? Didn't think so.

ShoogarBear
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM

confined
08-07-2006, 03:53 PM
the only reason butler can dunk it all the time is cuz no matter which player u are they will always dunk it when under the basket....its impossible to block dunks....nash could probably facial ben wallace in that game

td4mvp21
08-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes but if you judge a guy based on one series, then everyone would be chokers. From what I have read, Parker was a choker in the playoffs til this year. Does that make him a choker for the rest of his life? Nope. Get a life. Dirk has improved his inside game immensely. It will only get better and being that he doesn't have to rely on it will only help more.

HE CHOKED DURING THE LAST PLAYOFFS. He still has yet to prove he isn't. He made good plays here and there, and his shot towards the end of Game 5 of the Finals was good, but other than that, he choked, just like always. Duncan missed, what one or two gamewinners? So yeah he choked then, but he is not an overall choker. Dirk sort of is, at least during the playoffs.

confined
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
everyone needs to just shut the fuck up...this is a a thread about nba live...not an "i hate the mavs cuz they beat us and i feel i have to agrue on and on and on thread"

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
So, Im assuming when you say 90% of his shots are jumpshots that you actually have the numbers to back this up? Didn't think so.

I think these mud-slinging spats are childish and redundant - Manu and Dirk are both great players, although at this stage Manu has the greater clutch credentials.

But seriously LB7, are you 10? Because the quote above sounds like a 10yo. More than that, what you say is nonsense. Do you disagree that Dirk scores a lot of his points off jumpshots? :rolleyes

Matt Bonner
08-07-2006, 07:21 PM
i once scored 27 points on nba live
i was pretty surprised cause i dont think i could ever do that in real life

LB7
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I think these mud-slinging spats are childish and redundant - Manu and Dirk are both great players, although at this stage Manu has the greater clutch credentials.

But seriously LB7, are you 10? Because the quote above sounds like a 10yo. More than that, what you say is nonsense. Do you disagree that Dirk scores a lot of his points off jumpshots? :rolleyes
I'm 21 and I fail to see how the above post makes me look as if I'm 10. No I do not believe that Dirk scores 90% of his points off jump shots. Dirk of 5 years ago, yes. This Dirk, no.

LB7
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
everyone needs to just shut the fuck up...this is a a thread about nba live...not an "i hate the mavs cuz they beat us and i feel i have to agrue on and on and on thread"
I agree. Always Spurs fans who see Dirk's name and automatically have some smart@ss comment.

RC's Boss
08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Dirk is a great player, he's just not a post player. Even when Bowen gaurded him he would back him down a bit then fade away. It's kinda like when Spurs fans want Tony to be more of a "true" point guard, he is what he is and uses it to his advantage on the court. I can't take anything away from Dirk....... EXCEPT THAT MOFO CHOKED LIKE A BEYOTCH IN THE FINALS! :rollin

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm 21 and I fail to see how the above post makes me look as if I'm 10. No I do not believe that Dirk scores 90% of his points off jump shots. Dirk of 5 years ago, yes. This Dirk, no.

Then let me say that you are not a Mavericks fan. Dirk is the same type of player he is 5 years ago. He just scores a lot more now. Start watching some Mavs games, then you might not be accused of being a 10 year old

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM

Okay, let me explain.

The above makes you look like you are 10 because the claim is obviously an exagerration designed to make the point that Dirk scores a lot of his points from jumpshooting, as against post-play, which is a difficult statement to disagree with. Your little "didn't think so" at the end is like a "ner ne ner ner". This is the way 10 year olds argue.

Clear? :rolleyes

Anyway, everyone in this thread is behaving like little biatches so I'm not wasting any more time on it.

Matt Bonner
08-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Dirk scores 90% of his points off jump shots.
thats nothing
i score ALL my points off jump shots

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
thats nothing
i score ALL my points off jump shots

Don't worry. Dirk will become your new bitch

confined
08-07-2006, 09:50 PM

im gonna quote my own post cuz it obviuosly didnt sink threw rc's boss's think skull...haha what a tool

confined
08-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Then let me say that you are not a Mavericks fan. Dirk is the same type of player he is 5 years ago. He just scores a lot more now. Start watching some Mavs games, then you might not be accused of being a 10 year old

i wasnt gonna say anything untill i red this...omfg...this is completly wrong...u gotta stop sucking spur cock spurolisgist...and actually watch a game

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
i wasnt gonna say anything untill i red this...omfg...this is completly wrong...u gotta stop sucking spur cock spurolisgist...and actually watch a game

Care to actually make a point instead of bashing someone. Typical Mavs fan. What is the difference between Dirk now and 5 years ago. You may make your point.............................now

confined
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
1. dirk is not trigger happy on threes anymore
2. dirk is not so much of a liability on defense anymore
3. dirk is now MUCH more of a leader
4. dirk INSTEAD of taking a fall away shot in game 7 vs the spurs...pump faked and TOOK IT TO THE RIM
5. dirk now gets to the freethrow line MUCH more often
6. dirk now backs people down in the mid post instead of trying to beat them off the dribble
7. dirk is a MUCH improoved passer out of the double team
8. he is more vocal to his team mates and the press

and those are just off the top of my head....

owned

Spurologist
08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
3. dirk is now MUCH more of a leader
4. dirk INSTEAD of taking a fall away shot in game 7 vs the spurs...pump faked and TOOK IT TO THE RIM
5. dirk now gets to the freethrow line MUCH more often
6. dirk now backs people down in the mid post instead of trying to beat them off the dribble
8. he is more vocal to his team mates and the press

owned

:lmao my point exactly

I think it's past your bedtime

confined
08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
im sorry spuroligist...but some people are just stupid
ur full of shit and u wont admit it

Parker 09
08-07-2006, 11:52 PM
So you can think of ONE time he didn't shoot a fade well done.
I have to agree thanks to avery he has become less of a 3pt shooter. But the dude is still a jumpshooter at heart. I'll never forget when he shot a turnaround fade on tony parker.

shaggy17
08-08-2006, 12:11 AM
3. dirk is now MUCH more of a leader especially in game 6 of the finals when he went 0-4 in the 4th quarter and was scared shitless to shoot the ball.
4. dirk INSTEAD of taking a fall away shot in game 7 vs the spurs...pump faked and TOOK IT TO THE RIM because he knew he would get fouled and would get away with hacking the shit out of Duncan on that final play of the 4th.
5. dirk now gets to the freethrow line MUCH more often thanks to Mark Cuban and the refs. However, when teams get real physical with dirk and put him on his ass he doesnt get to the freethrow line nearly as much so he can avoid getting more bumps and bruises.
6. dirk now backs people down in the mid post instead of trying to beat them off the dribble because he knows he will get pussy ass touch fouls called on him as the refs make him look amazing.
8. he is more vocal to his team mates and the press. I mean look at how he treated that exercise bike and kicked the ball into the stands. That is showing emotion!!

owned

:tu Fixed :)

Matt Bonner
08-08-2006, 12:51 AM
dirk is a pussy, taking it out on the exercise bike
what the hell did the bike ever do to him?

unlike me, i'm pure gangsta
i dont take nuthin from nobody

you guys see me take out KG?

Beer is Good
08-08-2006, 01:48 AM
1. dirk is not trigger happy on threes anymore (thanks to AJ)
2. dirk is not so much of a liability on defense anymore (Yes he is, any decent post man can back him down and punish him. A guy 7' shouldn't be guarding SFs)
3. dirk is now MUCH more of a leader (see #8 below)
(1 play? How about all of the other jump shots he took. He takes it to the rim so rarely that this one time still stands out in your mind after a few months).
5. dirk now gets to the freethrow line MUCH more often (too easy here... :lol )
6. dirk now backs people down in the mid post instead of trying to beat them off the dribble (you have to be fucking kidding. Turning your back, taking two dribbles, then shooting a fade away is not backing someone down.)
7. dirk is a MUCH improoved ?? passer out of the double team (He has always been a good passer, he is just doubled a lot more now and without Nash has the ball go through his hands more often)
8. he is more vocal to his team mates and the press (calling a member of your team out in the press is bullshit. A real leader takes care of that in the locker room. If he is more vocal to the press, it's because either cuban is rubbing off on him or he is learning to speak english more fluently.)

owned (hardly)

Mavs_man_41
08-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Damn the funniest thing happened i swear i though somebody said Dirk scores 90% of his points off of jump shots.

polandprzem
08-08-2006, 04:38 AM

Jumshots = softness?

:jack

confined
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM

and i am going to quote my own post fot the THIRD TIME....i hope someone will READ IT this time

Gino20
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Jumshots = softness?

:jack

I thought you had more sense than that poland. Dirk is fucking 7ft tall. If you take jumpshots at that height your are soft. Another word for soft fits better.

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
1. dirk is not trigger happy on threes anymore (thanks to AJ)
2. dirk is not so much of a liability on defense anymore (Yes he is, any decent post man can back him down and punish him. A guy 7' shouldn't be guarding SFs)
3. dirk is now MUCH more of a leader (see #8 below)
(1 play? How about all of the other jump shots he took. He takes it to the rim so rarely that this one time still stands out in your mind after a few months).
5. dirk now gets to the freethrow line MUCH more often (too easy here... )
6. dirk now backs people down in the mid post instead of trying to beat them off the dribble (you have to be fucking kidding. Turning your back, taking two dribbles, then shooting a fade away is not backing someone down.)
7. dirk is a MUCH improoved ?? passer out of the double team (He has always been a good passer, he is just doubled a lot more now and without Nash has the ball go through his hands more often)
8. he is more vocal to his team mates and the press (calling a member of your team out in the press is bullshit. A real leader takes care of that in the locker room. If he is more vocal to the press, it's because either cuban is rubbing off on him or he is learning to speak english more fluently.)

owned (hardly)

:lol It doesn't end there, but thanks for stating the obvious for the 'mavs fan' I didn't want to.

confined
08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
:lol It doesn't end there, but thanks for stating the obvious for the 'mavs fan' I didn't want to.

ok a 7 footer who has three point range is something any team would want to have ....it creates so many match-up problems its not even funny...despite the bull shit that comes outta ur guys mouths...dirk is a different and better player than he's ever been....and after the spurs series...all the annoucers could talk about was how that series was the turning point in dirk's career...where he took the game, the series, and the season, on his back and carried them to victory...and he prooved that he was a top 5 player in the league when he felt the season slipping away...and scored 50 on the suns to give the mavs a 3-2 lead....duncan is NOT...i repeat NOT a top 5 player in the league...a guy who averaged something aroung 16-17 points a game ...is NOT a top 5 player in the league....dirk has become better than duncan...and i dont give a shit id he averaged 30 points a game ...he had diop and DAMPIER guarding him!...he cant hit a free throw to save his life...a shot where ur wide open, u have all the time in the world and no one is gaurding him...whle dirk hits them 91% of the time...dirk is the future of then NBA...the new breed of big men who can handle AND shoot...duncan can do neither...the time of the dominant inside pressance is OVER...dunacn and the spurs are old news....end of fuckin story

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
ok a 7 footer who has three point range is something any team would want to have ....it creates so many match-up problems its not even funny...despite the bull shit that comes outta ur guys mouths...dirk is a different and better player than he's ever been....and after the spurs series...all the annoucers could talk about was how that series was the turning point in dirk's career...where he took the game, the series, and the season, on his back and carried them to victory...and he prooved that he was a top 5 player in the league when he felt the season slipping away...and scored 50 on the suns to give the mavs a 3-2 lead....duncan is NOT...i repeat NOT a top 5 player in the league...a guy who averaged something aroung 16-17 points a game ...is NOT a top 5 player in the league....dirk has become better than duncan...and i dont give a shit id he averaged 30 points a game ...he had diop and DAMPIER guarding him!...he cant hit a free throw to save his life...a shot where ur wide open, u have all the time in the world and no one is gaurding him...whle dirk hits them 91% of the time...dirk is the future of then NBA...the new breed of big men who can handle AND shoot...duncan can do neither...the time of the dominant inside pressance is OVER...dunacn and the spurs are old news....end of fuckin story

:lol whatever keeps you up at night.

Even the mention of Dirk being a better player than TD is insulting to NBA basketball and nba history.

confined
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
:lol whatever keeps you up at night.

Even the mention of Dirk being a better player than TD is insulting to NBA basketball and nba history.

this isnt 2003 buddy...its 2006...u and every other biast spurs fan need a reality check

DFW Spurs
08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
this isnt 2003 buddy...its 2006...u and every other biast spurs fan need a reality check

Reality Check, lets see

Tim Duncan:
• NBA Champion 1999, 2003, 2005
• Regular Season MVP in 2002 and 2003
• NBA Finals MVP in 1999, 2003 and 2005
• Co-MVP of the 2000 All-Star Game
• 1998 Rookie of the Year

Dirk Nowitzki:
• 2006 Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout Champion :jack
• 2002 MVP World Basketball Championships :rolleyes

No offense but Duncan has accomplished a lot more than Dirk. Dirk gets no credit for making the finals once. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player, but he will never be a great player like Tim. Tim's legacy in the league will be much greater than Dirks 20 yrs down the road.

confined
08-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Reality Check, lets see

Tim Duncan:
• NBA Champion 1999, 2003, 2005
• Regular Season MVP in 2002 and 2003
• NBA Finals MVP in 1999, 2003 and 2005
• Co-MVP of the 2000 All-Star Game
• 1998 Rookie of the Year

Dirk Nowitzki:
• 2006 Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout Champion :jack
• 2002 MVP World Basketball Championships :rolleyes

No offense but Duncan has accomplished a lot more than Dirk. Dirk gets no credit for making the finals once. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player, but he will never be a great player like Tim. Tim's legacy in the league will be much greater than Dirks 20 yrs down the road.

that has nothing to do with what i just said....dirk is a better player NOW..the past is in the past...duncan's champions cant help him guard dirk on the court...thats why tim was the better player 2-3 years ago...but not now

BALLZ & MY WORD
08-08-2006, 02:21 PM
that has nothing to do with what i just said....dirk is a better player NOW..the past is in the past...duncan's champions cant help him guard dirk on the court...thats why tim was the better player 2-3 years ago...but not now

You've got to be delirious :madrun

BALLZ & MY WORD
08-08-2006, 02:24 PM
I'd take Tim with a bad foot before Dirk in the playoffs. A bad foot can heal. No heart that is an entirely different matter.

DFW Spurs
08-08-2006, 02:26 PM

OK Nostradamus, Tell me what Dirk is going to do this year. Cause the 05-06 season is over.

He had an outstanding year, last year. Kudos to Dirk. It's only one season. One Season doesn't define a player.

If this is going every Mavs fans argument then tell me something, what has Dirk done lately? Same thing Tim has done. Nothing! Why cause the 06-07 season hasn't started yet. You can't tell me what either players going to do next season or even who's going to be in the finals. And if you can, tell me so I can go to Vegas and put some money down.

Now who’s going to buy NBA Live 07? Anyone hear if it’s going to be good on the 360?

ndnjumpman
08-08-2006, 02:36 PM
okay we are talking about HOW they play not what awards they got or anything like that...think of this DIRK vs. TIMMY one on one...TODAY not in 2005 when he got MVP or anything but today...who would win

confined
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd take Tim with a bad foot before Dirk in the playoffs. A bad foot can heal. No heart that is an entirely different matter.

then u sir would get eliminated in the second round

confined
08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
okay we are talking about HOW they play not what awards they got or anything like that...think of this DIRK vs. TIMMY one on one...TODAY not in 2005 when he got MVP or anything but today...who would win

dirk...timmy's too slow

BALLZ & MY WORD
08-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Match Tim and Dirk's contributions in that series, and I guarantee you Tim comes out on top of that equation. The elimination had more to deal with the Dallas supporting cast than Dirk. Couple that with Tim getting fouled out because Dirk stepped on his foot in Game 3. Along with that gift of a foul by Manu and that is the difference in that series. Not a superior Dirk.

DFW Spurs
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Could someone please change the name of this thread to Mavs Vs. Spurs, Tim Vs. Dirk, 1999 2003 2005 NBA champs Vs. the 2006 WC Champs.

I'm tired of reading about this subject!!!!

Could the season please start already... :madrun

LB7
08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
You sir, are an idiot. Dirk is no where near the same player he was 5 years ago. Just you saying that makes you look as if you have never watched a Mavs game except when they play the Spurs, which is probably true. I watched all but 2 Mavs games this past year and have rarely missed one in 6-7 years. You are way off-base with this statement. Even your precious Timmy and Co. would say you are off.

BALLZ & MY WORD
08-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Could someone please change the name of this thread to Mavs Vs. Spurs, Tim Vs. Dirk, 1999 2003 2005 NBA champs Vs. the 2006 WC Champs.

I'm tired of reading about this subject!!!!

Could the season please start already... :madrun
I'm ready for the season to start too. However, unless the Spurs make another offseason move. Topics of discussion are somewhat limited. Case in point the title of this thread NBA LIVE and some of the new Spurs. Just make the best of it man.

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
You sir, are an idiot. Dirk is no where near the same player he was 5 years ago. Just you saying that makes you look as if you have never watched a Mavs game except when they play the Spurs, which is probably true. I watched all but 2 Mavs games this past year and have rarely missed one in 6-7 years. You are way off-base with this statement. Even your precious Timmy and Co. would say you are off.

:lol where's the proof. Oh wait nevermind, you fellow fan provided 8 points. Some of which have shit to do with basketball. Dirk has improved a bit offensively. That's why you see the points per game increase. That is his limit as long as you have as many scorers as Dallas does. Other parts of his game are still in tact. He still lashes out at his teammates and dogs out Ericka Dampier in the press. Great leadership.

He's not a better shot blocker, he's not a better assist man, not a better steals person, not a better rebouder. It's the numbers. I suggest you look them up. Dirk will always be a soft pussy. Sure he penetrates the lane once in a blue moon, but he will always be a jump shooter at 7 feet. Laughable and pathetic at the same time. To win in the playoffs in the modern era, you need a dominant inside presence. That is something Dallas doesn't have. Let me give you a brief history.

06 Shaq
05 TD
04 Wallaces
03 TD
02 Shaq
01 Shaq
00 Shaq

See how it works. Dirk is a great player but pussy ball doesn't win you championships. Spurs found that out . Small ball can go fuck itself. You needs interior scoring. Don't bring up that FT line stat b/c it's garbage for many reasons. Maybe Cubie should have forked over the cash for bennie wallace. Nah Ericka Dampier can lead the mavs to the promise land.

confined
08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
well we'll all see next season....then maybe we can get at least one biast spurs fan to shut the fuck up

Gino20
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Ok ok ok.....this thread is very interesting. I am a huge Spurs fan, but there is only one team that deserves to brag, and thats the Heat. Yeah, I hate the Heat too! However, its true. Us Spurs fans have a big heart and we will back up the team till the very end. As for the Mavs, they did not win a championship and thats all that matters. When your a very good team like the Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Suns, etc., anything less then a championship is a failure. Both teams failed. I dont give a crap if the Mavs are the Western Conference Champions. Second place is the first loser! Oh yeah, Duncan is superior to Dirk. Hands down. End of story. Closing the door. Dirk will maybe (not even confident) be on Duncan's level one of these days...

THE SIXTH MAN
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
lmao Then you sir would CHOKE in the NBA finals.

confined
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
lmao Then you sir would CHOKE in the NBA finals.

the sixth man cant come up with his own shit so he has to copy mine...very very cool dude :rolleyes

someone close this fuckin thread

top 5 in the nba
1.wade
2.lebron
3. kobe
4.dirk
5.nash

duncan ranks as 6 maybe 7...

Doug Collins
08-08-2006, 06:04 PM
well we'll all see next season....then maybe we can get at least one biast spurs fan to shut the fuck up

I love this shit. Honestly you guys come on this forum and bitch about "biast (oh yeah you mean biased) spurs fans" when it is a fuckin spurs message board. What the fuck do you expect? Nobody here gives a shit about Dirk's improvements cause we all worship at the Church of Tim Duncan. If you dont like it go post at mavstalk or whatever faggot filled forum you guys have. Otherwise deal with the homerism and shut the fuck up.

Back to the subject. NBA live sucks compared to NBA 2k6 so I dont even know why this thread was posted. :spin

confined
08-08-2006, 06:09 PM
lmao! church of tim...haha im sorry...i had ta laugh....u guys r so cool

Doug Collins
08-08-2006, 06:10 PM
lmao! church of tim...haha im sorry...i had ta laugh....u guys r so cool

Good you get jokes. Now we can be friends. :elephant :elephant :elephant

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 07:01 PM

The truth can hurt my friend. It's safe to say you owned yourself without me saying much.

So back to the topic, when is NBA Live 07 coming out. Who should be on the cover? Top three condidates are probably Dirk, LeBron, and Melo. I'm guessing LeBron.

td4mvp21
08-08-2006, 07:37 PM

Uh, Dirk is better? No. He had a way way better season than Duncan, but to say he's better is ludicrous. Duncan is a hall of famer, and as of now Dirk still isn't. Duncan has better rebounding, defense, passing, intangibles, etc. than Dirk will probably ever have. Duncan can own in the post too, against ANY center. Dirk is really good, but he's not at Duncan's level. Maybe in a few years....or never.

SCdac
08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
So back to the topic, when is NBA Live 07 coming out. Who should be on the cover? Top three condidates are probably Dirk, LeBron, and Melo. I'm guessing LeBron.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Tracy McGrady is going to be on the cover.

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 08:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think Tracy McGrady is going to be on the cover.

you're right.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/713/713808/tracy-mcgrady-to-front-nba-live-07-20060621022816926.jpg

The injury feature should come into play. Back spasms would come to life.

veronicamae
08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
i thought this thread was about a video game? why are you all still bitching about spurs-mavs shit. GET OVER IT, THE SEASON IS OVER.

now - when is the game coming out?!

and why the heck is McGrady on the cover? did he play this season?

I wish I had the French version from 04 - Parker was on the cover. :(

L.I.T
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I wonder how many pictures it took to get him to look that intense.

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 08:27 PM
i thought this thread was about a video game? why are you all still bitching about spurs-mavs shit. GET OVER IT, THE SEASON IS OVER.

now - when is the game coming out?!

and why the heck is McGrady on the cover? did he play this season?

I wish I had the French version from 04 - Parker was on the cover. :(

going off topic is part of SpursTalk. If you don't like it, there's a troll section.

T-mac is on the cover becuase nba live wants to introduce the new injury feature of the game. You can now get multiple back spasms that can keep you out of many games.

With tp being as an add-on to the 04 cover, that pretty much gurantees he will never be on it again. Except on another game.

veronicamae
08-08-2006, 11:07 PM
going off topic is part of SpursTalk. If you don't like it, there's a troll section.

T-mac is on the cover becuase nba live wants to introduce the new injury feature of the game. You can now get multiple back spasms that can keep you out of many games.

With tp being as an add-on to the 04 cover, that pretty much gurantees he will never be on it again. Except on another game.

Why would I go to the troll section when I want to read about the Spurs and the topic at hand? Your reasoning makes no sense. If I want to bitch about the fact that 75% of the people here STILL act like children over last year's playoffs, then I'll bitch about it.

They're serious about the whole injury/back spasm thing? That's kinda lame for McGrady. And there were already injuries that kept playerse out for multiple games - they simply added a new injury?

Then what was the reasoning for Wade on the 06 cover?

And yes, I know TP won't be on another cover. I am not an idiot. Thanks.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I wonder how many pictures it took to get him to look that intense.

lol imagine how many it would take to make his eyes look straight

Matt Bonner
08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
lol imagine how many it would take to make his eyes look straight

they gave up on the 97th try
decided to just photoshop the picture instead

~~Ice Man 2000~~
08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
shawn marion can do every thing at 6'7 of course hes rated higher...

~~Ice Man 2000~~
08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
until dwyane lights him up for 40 again... :lol
lol dirk fans brag about his 50...yet it was against the suns! :lol

Spurologist
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Why would I go to the troll section when I want to read about the Spurs and the topic at hand? Your reasoning makes no sense. If I want to bitch about the fact that 75% of the people here STILL act like children over last year's playoffs, then I'll bitch about it.

They're serious about the whole injury/back spasm thing? That's kinda lame for McGrady. And there were already injuries that kept playerse out for multiple games - they simply added a new injury?

Then what was the reasoning for Wade on the 06 cover?

And yes, I know TP won't be on another cover. I am not an idiot. Thanks.

Dude relax. I'm just saying going off topic is the norm. It's the off-season. Not too much is happening.

:lol the tp injury thing was a joke. whytf would they try to sell an injury feature.

About tp, I was just stating the obvious. It's unfortunate that they added him already in a version that isn't very popular in the most parts of the world.

jmard5
08-11-2006, 03:25 AM

You guys are right. It is way past his bedtime.

TD not a top 5 player in the league?
Dirk better than TD?

:lol

Well, anyway. Yup, it is T-Mac. I think Live is due to be shipped November? I have read that a player's Freestyle can be changed on the fly. Like for example, you can change Kobe as a high flyer into an outside scorer during the game.

Gino20
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
the sixth man cant come up with his own shit so he has to copy mine...very very cool dude :rolleyes

someone close this fuckin thread

top 5 in the nba
1.wade
2.lebron
3. kobe
4.dirk
5.nash

duncan ranks as 6 maybe 7...

:lol What?!

top 5 in the nba
1: Kobe Bryant
2: Steve Nash
3: Tim Duncan
4: Shaq O'neal (still best center in the league)
5: D. Wade or James.

Dirk is more like 7 or 8. Duncan dominated the Mavs series. Just because he was saving himself for the playoffs does not mean he is less of a player. In fact, it makes him a smarter player. Dirk in the top 5? :elephant Funny @$$ shit lol!

z0sa
08-11-2006, 03:30 PM

You shut your mouth!