PDA

View Full Version : Eva Is Great

fred33
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Desperate" for drama? Can't wait to watch your favorite "Housewives" in action? Wait no more -- the second season of the hit ABC show is now on DVD!

Series stars TERI HATCHER, EVA LONGORIA, FELICITY HUFFMAN and NICOLLETTE SHERIDAN were on hand for the DVD release party, where they shared some secrets from the third season -- and talked about their real life leading men -- with our KEVIN FRAZIER!

Nicollette showed up solo, but she and fiancé, MICHAEL BOLTON, had plans to meet up later. "Michael's in Denver at the moment," she said. "He'll be back tonight, and we shall rendezvous."

Eva's also had some time away from her main man, TONY PARKER, who's off in Europe -- but a little distance can't keep these lovebirds apart!

"When I found out I was off on Monday, I flew to Switzerland on a red eye, landed Saturday, we had dinner, and I flew back Sunday," the jet setting star tells ET. "I was in the air longer than I was on the ground, but he's worth it," she says. "We don't want to go longer than two or three weeks without seeing each other."

She's not the only "Housewife" who's been logging travel miles this summer. Teri just got back from a trip with her daughter.

"We went to Alaska," she says. "I'm going to be narrating a documentary on humpback whales." Terri enjoyed the trip because "there's no television, no electronics -- you're away from the phones and the blackberry and all that stuff."

Even though Terri's character has a new romance this season with DOUGRAY SCOTT, she did drop one juicy tidbit about her off-again, on-again romance with Wisteria Lane's hot plumber. "MARC [CHERRY, the executive producer] has promised that, ultimately, Susan and Mike will end up together," she says.

Meanwhile, Felicity couldn't keep her eyes off her husband WILLIAM H. MACY as he walked down the red carpet. "He is so sexy," she gushed.

Rumors are circulating that someone might be killed off this season, but RICARDO CHAVIRA says he tries to steer clear of speculation. "They might get me, I don't know," he says cryptically. "I can't worry about that." Season three picks up with the love triangle between himself, his wife, and their now pregnant maid, so it looks like Ricardo might want to start watching his back!

For more "Desperate Housewives" dish, stay tuned to ET!

Pistons < Spurs
08-07-2006, 10:45 AM
:vomit:

renu
08-07-2006, 11:08 AM

ca®lo
08-07-2006, 11:36 AM
?

1Parker1
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Wisteria Lane's hot plumber. "MARC [CHERRY, the executive producer] has promised that, ultimately, Susan and Mike will end up together," she says.

Damnit, why do they have to tell US?? That ruins that entire plot line. Also, what's up with them slowly killing off all the males on the show? :lol

Kori Ellis
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
"When I found out I was off on Monday, I flew to Switzerland on a red eye, landed Saturday, we had dinner, and I flew back Sunday," the jet setting star tells ET. "I was in the air longer than I was on the ground, but he's worth it," she says. "We don't want to go longer than two or three weeks without seeing each other."

That's the wealthy version of LJ and I when we were first dating. :lol

One week I flew to San Antonio to see him and I was only here for 21 hours but it was worth it. :eyebrows

Kori Ellis
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Ace Eva joins the big gunsLawrie Masterson

August 06, 2006 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20016785-5006023,00.html

FOR many men, the knowledge that their beautiful girlfriend would be spending day after day getting up close and personal with Kiefer Sutherland -- rugged Jack Bauer from TV's 24 -- might create a problem.

But for Tony Parker, $11 million a year star of America's National Basketball Association, feelings of jealousy were never an issue.

A big 24 fan, the Belgian-born, French-raised point guard for the San Antonio Spurs instead got to know Sutherland and the two men wound up working together.
Canadian-raised Sutherland, an avid guitar collector, sometime player ("very late at night, by myself") and partner in a small record label called Ironworks, helped Parker with a music video to promote an album he is planning to release in France.

"Tony doesn't have a jealous bone in his body," says Parker's girlfriend, Desperate Housewives co-star Eva Longoria, now starring opposite Sutherland and Michael Douglas in her first major movie, The Sentinel.

"They're very good friends and Kiefer can speak French to him, so they talk a lot. Actually I'm the one who should be jealous because 24 takes up a lot of my time."

Longoria, 30, plays rookie Secret Service agent Jill Marin in The Sentinel, a role that might come as a shock to fans who know her only from Desperate Housewives, on which she plays the libidinous Latina of Wisteria Lane, Gabrielle Solis.

Instead of lolling around in a bathtub or hankering after the young gardener employed by her wealthy TV husband, Longoria is in the dangerous business of attempting to prevent an assassination attempt on the President of the United States.

"One of the reasons I picked The Sentinel was because I wanted to venture out of Desperate Housewives before people could only see me as Gabrielle," she says.

"It was a good opportunity because it's also a very energetic film that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

"And Jill is probably closer to who I am than Gabrielle. You know, Jill has moral boundaries. She's good with a gun; I'm good with a gun.

"And she's actually very adamant about not using her looks to move forward, which is the exact opposite to Gabrielle.

"We had some training with the Secret Service and I specifically wanted to know more about the women, obviously because that was my role and it's a man's world.

"What I found out was they're extremely ambitious and they very much downplay any kind of beauty or sexuality because they want to be treated as equals.

"Now I think it's an advantage to be a woman in the Secret Service because of their intuition and because they are driven by intellect, not adrenalin."

Longoria, raised in Corpus Christi, Texas, did not feel out of place handling firearms as part of her first big movie role. Much to the surprise of her co-stars, she outgunned them all when it came to target practice sessions they completed as part of their preparation for The Sentinel.

"I was raised on a ranch and we would go target shooting all the time with my dad," she says. "We would shoot coffee cans and beer bottles off fence posts, so I have been shooting a gun since I was five.

"My dad did a great job telling us about gun safety and all of that and I'm obviously very educated on handling guns.

"I shoot better than 90 per cent of the police officers in this country and I was actually much more comfortable doing this movie than I ever am on Desperate Housewives."

Longoria was recruited for the role by producer Michael Douglas, the veteran Academy Award winner.

"I just thought this would be a great move for her," says Douglas. "No one was going to anticipate her playing such a different role."

Douglas plays Pete Garrison, a Secret Service agent assigned to the White House, who suddenly becomes a suspect in what might be a plot to assassinate the president. It would make him the first traitor in the 140-year history of the service.

Another agent, David Breckenridge (Sutherland) is assigned to investigate. To his dismay, he is given the rookie Marin (Longoria) as part of his team.

Breckenridge has another hurdle to overcome. He believes his marriage disintegrated because his wife had a fling with Garrison, who actually has much more profound romantic problems -- he is having an affair with First Lady Sarah Ballentine (Kim Basinger).

Longoria, who has most of her scenes with Sutherland, says she was nervous about working opposite the 39-year-old son of Donald Sutherland, who had carved out a successful career in a string of movies before becoming one of television's biggest names on 24.

"He seemed like such a serious actor, but he's actually quite silly," she says.

"And it turned out we do have a lot in common. We both have the hit TV shows; our schedules are insane; our hiatus was short; and we both had a deadline to go back to our shows.

"But it was interesting, because then you throw Michael into the mix and he told us stories about when he was doing (the 1970s TV series) The Streets of San Francisco and how, back then, there was such a line between television and film.

"It just kind of gave me hope to see what great human beings they both are, personally and professionally. After all they've endured during their careers and through their personal lives, they're still extremely talented and have all the potential in the world to keep on doing things."

The Sentinel is now showing.

Kori Ellis
08-07-2006, 12:52 PM
'Desperate Housewives' boogie at a block party
By William Keck
USA Today
8/7/2006

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPressRelease.asp_Q_id_E_876Party

Desperate Housewives got all decked out for a block party Saturday night on Wisteria Lane to celebrate the ABC show's Season 2 DVD. Out Aug. 29, the "extra juicy edition" (Disney/Touchstone, $42) features the housewives and show creator Marc Cherry sharing the season's juiciest scenes. Juicy apples carried the party theme. Cherry held court on the set near an apple tree, bowls of apples were placed on tables, and apple-shaped pillows were strewn on sofas set up outside each of the housewives' homes.
Almost all the Housewives showed up: Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria and Nicollette Sheridan. Marcia Cross couldn't make it, so naturally she was among party topics.

Cherry chatted about the romance that blossoms between Cross' Bree and Kyle MacLachlan's mysterious Orson early in the third season. (It premieres Sept. 24.) It's no secret that wedding vows are exchanged, and Cherry said he asked Cross whether she would wear her real-life wedding gown for the nuptials. The actress vetoed the idea, as well as a suggestion that her TV wedding take place in the church where she wed stockbroker Tom Mahoney on June 24. "She thought about it for two seconds," Cherry said. "But then thought it would be too weird."

While Cross was basking in newlywed bliss this summer, her co-stars enjoyed their own summer escapades.

• Longoria (Gabrielle) was treated to a private dinner on a Mexico beach by her boyfriend, Tony Parker of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs. "At night, the wind calmed, and the moon was full. It was like a movie." For another getaway, Parker rented a private island in Tahiti for a dinner with fire dancers. "He's the best."

• Sheridan (Edie) and her fiancé, Michael Bolton, took her dog, Oliver, to Mexico. "It was really all about Oliver — watching him run in the water and jump in the pool."

• Huffman (Lynette) has been working, shooting the movie Georgia Rule, which got media attention when an exec complained about Lindsay Lohan's absences from the set. Huffman praised her movie daughter: "Lindsay's been fantastic to work with. I love her."

• Hatcher (Susan) took daughter Emerson, 8, to Alaska. "I went kayaking by myself and encountered some cute seals and passed a moose," Hatcher said. No nose rubbing with Eskimo men? "No," she sighed. "No dates for me."

tlongII
08-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Is Eva in a new music video? Jessica Simpson has one where she's roller skating with friends and one of the girls sure looked like Eva.