PDA

View Full Version : Props to Tpark's Cards.

pooh
10-21-2004, 11:14 PM
You called it...congrats!

Spurminator
10-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey, so did I...

Sort of.

pooh
10-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah...just about two innings away. It looked like the Astros ran out of gas.

Hook Dem
10-21-2004, 11:30 PM
T-park....we gave you a lot of shit but your team proved to be best. Congrats to you and the Cardinals. You hung in there like a man like a lot of others wouldn't have.

T Park
10-21-2004, 11:32 PM
I didnt think they had it in em.

Oh my gosh, This team, all year long has proven everyone wrong.

Picked to finish third behind Chicago and Houston.

First, best record in BASEBALL!

Playoffs, Carpenter hurt,

they wont make it out of the first round.

NLCS

They dont have enough pitchers to get by the Astros.

In 7.

Unbelieveable.

This team has had a geat year, and I hope it will continue

Edmonds,Pujols, Rolen, TAVAREZ, Carpenter, Cedeno,

ALL OF THEM DESERVE THIS.

They are exactly like the Spurs. Quality, GREAT guys.

I couldnt be happier, thank you Pooh, thank you.

T Park
10-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Also

ICEMAN

wasnt the question

"who is the pitcher the cardinals will rely on to win a series??"

JEFF FUCKING SUPPAN

2-0 IN CLOSE OUT GAMES

6 INNINGS
3 HITS
2 RUNS
6 STRIKEOUTS!!!

STUD STUD STUD

GOOD JOB SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!

IcemanCometh
10-21-2004, 11:58 PM
didn't you give up on this team just yesterday?

T Park
10-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Answer the questin child.

I thought you said I think it was, "The cardinals dont have any pitching, they wont make it out of the first round"

BTW, if you check it, i said, "No, I HAVENT give up on this team, Im just being realistic"

I didnt give up on em, I NEVER give up on my teams.

Brodels
10-22-2004, 09:41 PM
...TAVAREZ...

Quality, GREAT guys.

Keep telling yourself that. He's possibly the biggest punk in all of baseball.

dcole50
10-23-2004, 04:39 AM
true. tavarez is a nut case.

but, congrats. cards were clearly the best team in the nl this year. good luck against the sox, but i'm putting my money on boston.

T Park
10-23-2004, 10:43 AM
eep telling yourself that. He's possibly the biggest punk in all of baseball.

really. You would know watching the guy all year right, of course you should know youve seen him, how many times?

The guy IS a quality guy. Dont talk about shit you dont know nothin about.

T Park
10-23-2004, 10:44 AM
ut i'm putting my money on boston.

Thats fine.

Everyone put money on the Cubs, the Astros, the Dodgers as well..........

Brodels
10-23-2004, 11:43 AM
really. You would know watching the guy all year right, of course you should know youve seen him, how many times?

The guy IS a quality guy. Dont talk about shit you dont know nothin about.

I follow baseball, and that's enough. And I have seen him play many times when he played for Cleveland.

I've followed his career for years, and I know as much about Tavarez if you do. And everywhere he's gone, people who get paid to actually cover baseball have uncovered his punkish ways.

I'll give you some examples.

Brodels
10-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Here's Selig calling out Tavarez after he bashed gay people:

"Mr. Tavarez embarrassed himself, his team and the game of baseball. There is no excuse for such language and there is no place in our game for bigotry.

These comments came while he was serving a five-game suspension for fighting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1190420&type=news

Selig calls Tavarez comments 'reprehensible'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

Tavarez

CHICAGO – The Chicago Cubs fined pitcher Julian Tavarez on Wednesday and said he will attend sensitivity training for making derogatory comments about fans in San Francisco.

Tavarez used a profanity and a word derogatory toward homosexuals following a game last Saturday against the Giants. The Cubs said his fine will go to charitable organizations.

Tavarez wasn't available for comment. The right-hander isn't speaking to reporters while he serves a five-game suspension for his role in a bench-clearing brawl during spring training.

His suspension runs through Friday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, and he's scheduled to pitch Saturday.

"He's got to understand, he offended a lot of people," said Cubs manager Don Baylor, who made Tavarez apologize to his teammates Sunday.

"Major League Baseball isn't going to accept anything like that from its players."

Commissioner Bud Selig called Tavarez's comments "reprehensible" and said Wednesday he will meet with Tavarez personally to discuss his behavior. Selig said, however, he was satisfied with the Cubs' disciplinary measures and will take no additional action.

Pointing out that the Cubs' Wrigley Field is in a heavily gay neighborhood, a statewide gay rights organization praised the team for acting quickly.

"In the past, anti-gay slurs have met with silence or acceptance," Equality Illinois spokesman Rick Garcia said. "The Cubs organization clearly let it be known that anti-gay sentiment is not only inappropriate, it will not be tolerated in their organization."

The amount of the fine was undisclosed. The Giants will help select which charities get the money.

"Julian and the Cubs regret the comments made over the weekend. Julian has apologized to the fans and people of San Francisco and some charities will benefit from the fine imposed," Cubs president Andy MacPhail said in a statement.

"The comments made by Julian Tavarez last Saturday in San Francisco were not only inappropriate but reprehensible," Selig said in a statement.

"Mr. Tavarez embarrassed himself, his team and the game of baseball. There is no excuse for such language and there is no place in our game for bigotry.

"While I am terribly offended by the comments and remain vigilant of baseball's responsibilities as a social institution, I am satisfied with the disciplinary measures taken by the Chicago Cubs. I will meet with Mr. Tavarez and personally make sure he understands the severity of the situation and that major league baseball will not tolerate this kind of behavior."

Brodels
10-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Here he received an eight-game suspension for cheating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1888292&type=story

Tavarez's penalty reduced by two games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

DENVER -- An appeal did little to help St. Louis reliever Julian Tavarez, who was suspended for eight days Friday for applying a foreign substance to balls while pitching last month.

Tavarez

Tavarez was ejected from a game Aug. 24 against Pittsburgh when umpires inspected his grimy hat. After the game, crew chief Joe West said Cardinals manager Tony La Russa "as much admitted" it was pine tar on Tavarez' cap.

Tavarez was originally handed a 10-game suspension. The penalty, which began with Friday's game at Colorado, was reduced by two games after the appeal.

Still, La Russa was livid, not only because Tavarez won't return until Oct. 2, with just two games remaining in the regular season, but because he doesn't think the penalty is appropriate for the transgression.

"Every year, there have been some hot competitions all over the league, and there have been some eruptions involving players, umpires, all of which are so much worse for our game ... and those things routinely get penalized with two, three, five games. And this is an eight-gamer? For something they haven't even proven? What kind of message is baseball sending there? The message I get is a bad one," La Russa said.

The commissioner's office had no further comment, spokesman Pat Courtney said.

Tavarez (7-4, 2.45 ERA) is St. Louis' main setup man in the bullpen. He sounded resigned to the suspension.

"What am I going to do?'' he said. "I won't have a lot of time before the playoffs."

Brodels
10-23-2004, 11:52 AM
And here is Tavarez throwing at players and getting fined.

In addition, this article discusses how great a teammate he is: he had a tantrum and broke his hand. Talk about being a team guy...

And the article, pointing out that he has a "history of disciplinary penalties" including cheating, fighting, making anti-gay remarks, and attempting a "flying kick" with the intent of kicking another player. Most of those actions resulted in fines and suspensions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cardinals-tavarezfined&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tavarez fined $10,000 for throwing pitch over Bagwell's head

By BEN WALKER, AP Baseball Writer
October 20, 2004
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Cardinals reliever Julian Tavarez was fined $10,000 by the commissioner's office Tuesday for throwing a pitch over the head of Houston's Jeff Bagwell in Game 4 of the NL championship series.

Tavarez plans to have the players' union file an appeal on his behalf Wednesday. He is represented by agent Scott Boras.

Tavarez, who has a history of disciplinary penalties, got himself into all sorts of trouble in Sunday's game. The St. Louis righty broke his left hand during a dugout tantrum, though the Cardinals hope he still can pitch in the NLCS.

ADVERTISEMENT

The excitable Tavarez gave up a go-ahead run to Carlos Beltran in the seventh inning of the Astros' 6-5 win. Bagwell was the next batter in the seventh inning, and the righty zinged a 3-2 pitch over his head.

Tavarez and Bagwell shouted at each other, and plate umpire Mike Winters warned both teams against further problems. There weren't any, and an umpire's report on the episode was filed with the commissioner's office.

When the inning ended, Tavarez slammed his glove on the dugout roof and broke his hand when he punched the bullpen phone. His antics were replayed on the Minute Maid Park scoreboard in-between innings, and the Astros later apologized to the Cardinals for showing it.

Tavarez's hand was put in a soft, plastic splint with his last two fingers immobilized before Game 5 Monday. The splint was off when Tavarez walked from the dugout to the bullpen in the middle innings, and he did not pitch in Houston's 3-0 win.

Tavarez was 7-4 with four saves and a 2.38 ERA in 77 games during the regular season. He is 1-1 with a 3.38 ERA in five games during this postseason.

Late this season, Tavarez was suspended for 10 games for applying a foreign substance to a ball. The penalty was later cut to eight games.

In 2003, he drew a three-game suspension for fighting during a brawl while with Pittsburgh.

In spring training with the Cubs in 2001, he was suspended for three games after a flying kick at the Giants' Russ Davis. Later that year, the Cubs fined him for making anti-gay remarks about fans in San Francisco.

Brodels
10-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Here's Tavarez shouting at a player and throwing at the next hitter simply because a homer was hit off of him.

His teammates had to come to his rescue.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cardinals-tavarezinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tavarez, who has been suspended several times in the past, angered the Astros right after Beltran homered when he threw a pitch over Jeff Bagwell's head. They shouted at each other, and Tavarez threw up his arms.

First baseman Albert Pujols and other Cardinals came to the mound at that point, trying to settle down Tavarez. Plate umpire Mike Winters issued warnings to both teams, and there was no more trouble.

When the inning ended, Tavarez bent over as he approached the bench and appeared to scream at himself. He slammed his glove on the dugout roof, tried to yank the bullpen phone off its mounting and threw down a water cooler.

timvp
10-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah, no question Tavarez is a nut case. The only reason he isn't more widely known as a loon is because he's been a scrub for a good part of his career.

Brodels
10-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Here's Tavarez "going haywire" and "charging" the umpire after "slamming his glove down." His contact with the umpire led to his immediate ejection and a review of the play to determine what his suspension should be.

Edit: he was suspended three games for attacking the umpire.

----------------------

Tavarez was ejected from Wednesday's 8-3 loss at San Diego when he went haywire after rookie umpire Sam Holbrook called ball four on a close 3-2 pitch to Chris Gomez in the eighth inning, with the Giants trailing 4-3. Tavarez slammed his glove down and charged Holbrook, who said Tavarez bumped him.

Feeney would not speculate on what kind of punishment Tavarez might get. ``Every situation is different,'' she said. ``Bumping an umpire is not a good idea. There have been some cases of incidental contact, which is not bumping. Every case has to be looked at differently.''

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1998/09/11/SP81559.DTL&type=printable

IcemanCometh
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
hes a quality guy

Brodels
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/pirateslive/s_141033.html

Yet another instance of Tavarez being ejected, fined, and suspended for fighting. Of course, he has a very long track record of doing this:

"Tavarez and Crawford were suspended because they fought during the brawl. Crawford, though, was not ejected from the game. Tavarez, who was seen throwing punches at pitcher Rob Bell,"

Brodels
10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
http://www.outsports.com/antigay/tavarez.htm

He actually called baseball fans "assholes" and "faggots." If he's not a "quality guy," I don't know who is:

``Why should I care about the fans?'' Tavarez said after the game. ``They're a bunch of assholes and faggots here.''

Brodels
10-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I can go on if you like, but it's clear your opinion is fueled only by homerism. The national media, local sportswriters, and just about every baseball fan outside of St. Louis knows that Tavarez is one of the biggest troublemakers in all of baseball. There is, after all, a reason why he's played for seven different teams in the last ten seasons.

So I'll continue to talk about shit I know lots about. Now that you've been proven wrong, why don't you just admit that Tavarez is a fighter, umpire attacker, cheater, and an anti-gay bigot?

If you really think he's a quality guy, you have your priorities really messed up.

IcemanCometh
10-23-2004, 12:58 PM
HES A QUALITY GUY

Marcus Bryant
10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Answer the questin child.

That's my personal favorite from Stay Puff.

T Park
10-24-2004, 12:31 PM
the 8 game suspension was horsecrap.

First off, they took the cap and took it to a lab and found there was NO substance on the hat.

The 10 thousand for throwing at Bagwell is a total fucking joke.

Where is the 10 grand for Brad Lidge for throwing at Jim edmonds???

Ice saying someone isnt quality?? Qyntell Woods ring a bell there hypocrit?

Fuck off Cryant, your opinions hold zilch in this forum so stfu.