PDA

View Full Version : Pacers O'Neal to miss rest of preseason.

pooh
10-22-2004, 12:04 AM
Indianapolis, IN -- Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal is expected to miss the remainder of the preseason with a sore right foot, head coach Rick Carlisle said Thursday.

O'Neal suffered a strained ligament in the foot during a pickup game less than a month before training camp began. He sat out Indiana's first preseason game, but played in the next two.

"It's not that he has injured it any worse," Carlisle said. "It's just a situation where the doctors looked at it today and they feel at this point in time, rest will expedite the healing process. Our hope is to get him back by the beginning of the regular season."

A three-time All-Star, O'Neal had participated in every Pacers training camp practice until Thursday.

"It's just one of these things where, when you're looking at a 100-game run to try to get to the playoffs, right now is the time for him to take a break," Carlisle said. "He really hasn't had a break since training camp started and it's been his choice to get out here."

The Pacers open their season on November 3 in Cleveland

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Indianapolis, IN -- Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal is expected to miss the remainder of the preseason with a sore pussy, head coach Rick Carlisle said Thursday.

O'Neal suffered a strained ligament in his pussy during a pickup game less than a month before training camp began. He sat out Indiana's first preseason game, but played in the next two.

"It's not that he has injured his pussy any worse," Carlisle said. "It's just a situation where the doctors looked at it today and they feel at this point in time, rest will expedite the healing process. Our hope is to get him back by the beginning of the regular season."

A three-time All-Star, O'Neal had participated in every Pacers training camp practice until Thursday.

"It's just one of these things where, when you're looking at a 100-game run to try to get to the playoffs, right now is the time for him to take a break," Carlisle said. "He really hasn't had a break since training camp started and it's been his choice to get out here."

The Pacers open their season on November 3 in Cleveland.

samikeyp
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Pussies have ligaments? that explains it. I thought she was just really limber! :p

pooh
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Just out for pre-cautionary reasons no biggie. Glad the kiddos are having fun with this.

samikeyp
10-23-2004, 12:30 AM
One kiddo....I was just having fun with MB's post. I would never wish injury on O'Neal...well, at least not Jermaine. :p

pooh
10-23-2004, 03:28 AM
You I respect Mikey...