PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid vs. DC United

Gerryatrics
08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I was watching TV yesterday and I saw a commercial saying Real Madrid was going to have a match with DC United at Qwest Field in Seattle... tomorrow. I somehow totally missed this until I saw the commercial. So now I'm scrambling around trying to figure out how I'm going to get to Seattle and how I'm going to get a ticket seeing as how I'm pretty much broke. There might be a pathetic amount of begging involved. All I know is I'm going to kick myself for years if I miss the chance to see my favourite team when I was growing up, here in the States, and only about two hours away at that. Not a bad lineup Real Madrid is bringing with them either.

http://www.realmadrid.com/addon/img/5ccdd6listap.jpg

resistanze
08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Holy crap, that's like all their starters :lol

I couldn't watch the Chelsea match here, I don't expect to see this as well.

David@SLCC
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
They are playing against RSL on the 12th. I've already got my tix!

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
so DC and Madrid play tomorrow? what time? is it on TV?

judaspriestess
08-08-2006, 07:48 PM
OMG, gotta watch!!!!!

See, my lil MLS is getting better and better

Beer is Good
08-09-2006, 12:24 AM
I dont see DC pulling this one out. The MLS allstars did it, but not one team in the MLS. Good luck

usckk
08-09-2006, 12:25 AM
But a big part of the MLS allstars were from DC united.

T-Pain
08-09-2006, 12:50 AM
damn, ESPN should televise these games, i wanna see robinho play, hes supposed to be an up-and-comer

kinbenzoo
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
real madrid the best team in the world

MaNuMaNiAc
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
pfff... yeah, sure it is http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

mFFL03
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
does anyone know what time this game will start?

if not, then at least a link to the scoreboard???

Gerryatrics
08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
The game starts at 8:00 pm PST. I'll probably leave in an hour or two. Still no ticket though...

Spurologist
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I get D.C United games, so I am going to be watching it.

Sweet. 11 pm EST

T-Pain
08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
damnit i cant get it on tv

Phenomanul
08-09-2006, 09:44 PM

Ummmm... that would be FC Barcelona...

Spurologist
08-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Ummmm... that would be FC Barcelona...

yes and believe it or not, my country-man Samuel Eto'o is the best pure striker in the world

Phenomanul
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
And they just got stronger by picking up stow-aways from the Italian League fiasco...

Off the top of my head I know they picked up...
Liliam Thuram and Zambrota

T-Pain
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
yeah i like Barca. i wonder if we will get to see Barca and the Houston Dynamo go at it.

resistanze
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
BTW what was the score today? Assuming they've already played.

In other news, Inter Milan signs Hernan Crespo, Obafemi Martins submits his transfer request.

Spurologist
08-09-2006, 11:10 PM
DC 1 Real 1

Great paced action up and down the field. Damn DC United couldn't even stay still at the playing of the national anthem jumping up and down.

Cassano scored a great for goal for Real when he got a beautiful from Raul beating the off-side trap. Cassona then cut back and delivered an unstoppable curling blast off the post.

United seemed upset and got the better of the possesion for a bit. The ball was played to the wing. Adu got the ball, faked inside and went back outside with the crowd going out of its mind. Adu then crossed the ball to the far post. Then I think it was Ben Olsen who trapped the ball, feed it inside the top of the penalty area to Jaime Moreno and then made a deft first touch for Alecko Eskandarian. He then made no mistake with it delivering a low hard shot at the bottom right corner. Keeper Iker Cassillas was helpless.

The game slowed down a bit after that with both teams getting good chances. Van Nisteltory keep getting angry because he was caught off-sides multiple times. Ruud almost had an assist after he feed Beckham on the back post, but the cross was just high. It would have definately been a goal if it was a tad lower. On the other end, Moreno almost scored after slipping two defenders, but Jonathan Woodgate made a tremedous tackle to make the effort go begging. Adu also had a chance after beating Sergio Ramos. Right when Adu was about to shoot he was fouled a couple of feet away from the 18 yard line. Adu's free kick hit the wall.

Pretty exciting game. Real will probably bring in its subs in the second half. DC only a couple. Great action.

resistanze
08-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Man, I wish I could've seen that.

Ruud getting upset over being caught offside??? It should be second nature to him by now.