PDA

View Full Version : So how did Brucie do vs. Brazil?

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 09:07 PM
i dont feel like reading through the USA vs. Brazil thread, so how did our boy bruce do? did he redeem himself?

timvp
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Didn't miss a shot.

usckk
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
he got a DNP i believe

ALVAREZ6
08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
i dont feel like reading through the USA vs. Brazil thread, so how did our boy bruce do? did he redeem himself?
Redeem himself for what???

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Redeem himself for what???
his spot on the team.

ALVAREZ6
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
:wtf

usckk
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Bruce is so going to get cut. When the going gets tough, Coach K sits him.

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Bruce is so going to get cut. When the going gets tough, Coach K sits him.
damn, i figured he didnt do well this game either.

CubanMustGo
08-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Pretty damned sad that after all the hot air from Coach K about what an asset Bruce was to the team, he was the only player to get a dnp today.

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Pretty damned sad that after all the hot air from Coach K about what an asset Bruce was to the team, he was the only player to get a dnp today.
that sucks. i bet you bruce sees it comin, like the rest of us do.

ALVAREZ6
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Quit the sad bullshit, you don't know for sure that he's getting cut.

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Quit the sad bullshit, you don't know for sure that he's getting cut.
are you shittin me, after 3 games of subpar performance you think he still has a chance???

usckk
08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Like I've said, I still think it's going to be Jamison and Bruce cut. Individual defense is just not as important as team defense. What has gotten us killed the past few years was our inability to defend the outside shots. International teams move the ball so well. You don't see one-on-one plays. Also, today was a good example of the need of having more offensive depth. Hinrich and Miller did a good job today in subing in.

Kori Ellis
08-08-2006, 09:57 PM
are you shittin me, after 3 games of subpar performance you think he still has a chance???

:lol

The first game you can bitch about his airball and say it was a bad performance.

Game 2 wasn't a bad performance. He played good D and took one shot.

Today he didn't play.

I'm not saying he's not getting cut. Just your assessment of "subpar performance" is funny.

ducks
08-08-2006, 10:17 PM
bruce does not suck
if he sucked he would not even made it this far
some people have no clue
with melo being hurt it might hurt his chances because they might want to keep a player that can score more now

himat
08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
think of it in a good way. If he gets cut he's less likely to have a major injury. If Bowen got injured on Team USA Spurs fans would be ticked.

mavsfan1000
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
love your country and your god----the mav. across your nation

ducks
08-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I would rather not have any spurs playing right now

but manu seems he has to play during the summer or he gets hurt
I would not mind him being cut but what I get upset is people think he sucks

does amare suck now because he got cut???????

2centsworth
08-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I would rather not have any spurs playing right now

but manu seems he has to play during the summer or he gets hurt
I would not mind him being cut but what I get upset is people think he sucks

does amare suck now because he got cut???????
Most people do not think Bruce sucks. Bruce has been a wonderful player for the Spurs and without him they don't win the past two titles. With that being said, he is showing signs of aging. Happens to the best of them.

ducks
08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
he is not showing signs of aging

the new rules have helped make him look not as good

T-Pain
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Most people do not think Bruce sucks. Bruce has been a wonderful player for the Spurs and without him they don't win the past two titles. With that being said, he is showing signs of aging. Happens to the best of them.
agreed. i love bruce and im happy to see him get this far, but i dont think he'll make it to the final 12. hes done his best, but i think the rest of the kids on the team beat him out. thats unfortunate.

2centsworth
08-08-2006, 11:02 PM
he is not showing signs of aging

the new rules have helped make him look not as good
Ducks, players get old. nothing you can do about it. However, Bruce is still young and good enough to help the Spurs. He's just not a quick as he used to be IMO.

DeMarcus Bryant
08-08-2006, 11:05 PM
bruce is our boy, he'll hang in there, where them boobies at...

GrandeDavid
08-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Either way, Bruce has busted his ass and has set a tone of professionalism and business. Even if he doesn't make the cut, I'm proud of what he's shown. Its not easy putting up points for a guy like him on a roster with D-Wade, Lebron, Melo, etc.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-08-2006, 11:43 PM
It'll be a mistake, but Coach K will keep his boy Battier and Team USA will get smoked down the road because of it.

mavsfan1000
08-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Bruce Bowen is done. Battier still has some game left and can shoot much better. Bowen is one dimensional and is losing it because of age.

leemajors
08-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Bruce Bowen is done. Battier still has some game left and can shoot much better. Bowen is one dimensional and is losing it because of age.

yeah he's totally losing it. wait he has been shaving his head for years... :lol

Spurologist
08-08-2006, 11:58 PM

Bowen didn't turn 50 all of a sudden.

College K is sadly mistaken if he thinks D'antoni style basketball will get it done. Battier is a decent shooter but a homeless man's version of Bowen on D. These international baller will eat USA alive

Louis
08-09-2006, 12:02 AM
You people finally realize how much he (Bowen) sucks??

Spurologist
08-09-2006, 12:09 AM

I think T-mac needs a back rub, so you better get back to work

T-Pain
08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
I think T-mac needs a back rub, so you better get back to work
:lmao

Solid D
08-09-2006, 12:34 AM

Still clueless I see.

Among those who think otherwise are 30 GMs, 30 Head Coaches and 90 out of a panel of 124 NBA beatwriters and broadcasters who voted for Bruce as DPOY.

Beer is Good
08-09-2006, 12:36 AM
If K sat bruce for this game I have to believe bruce is on his way out. I'd love to see him succeed here, but it seems K is going to give his illegitimate son Battier the nod thanks to the Duke connection. I'll never understand why a college coach is working with seasoned professionals in this thing. That's just stupid.

T-Pain
08-09-2006, 12:48 AM
If K sat bruce for this game I have to believe bruce is on his way out. I'd love to see him succeed here, but it seems K is going to give his illegitimate son Battier the nod thanks to the Duke connection. I'll never understand why a college coach is working with seasoned professionals in this thing. That's just stupid.
yeah right on unfortunately

gospursgojas
08-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Which individual scorer was Bruce going to go and stop on the Brazilian team??? That team had the best team offense we've seen so far (granted we have only seen 3 teams). Bruce is a individual shutdown defender, they will keep for 2 games Argentina and Germany and thats it. You guys are ignoring the defensive aspect of the games, which thus far has not been an issue. But belive you me, Coach K and crew knows that eventually Team USA is going to play Germany, Argentina, Lithuania, Italy or Spain and defense WILL be an issue, and Bruce will be there to attend to it..... :fro

papagrande
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Do you finally realize how much you suck?

wolf754life
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Bowens D is overrated, because thats the only thing he can do, you can't handcheck in FIBA, that means brucy is home watching the world championships! Nice gesture, Pop really went to bat for him and pulled some strings.

Back to the much maligned and WATERED-DOWN spurs for 52 wins and a second round playoff exit next year.

rascal
08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Bowen is the weakest player on the team. Could even be argued he shouldn't be there.

DarkReign
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Bowens D is overrated...

Annnnnd you lost me right there.

Kori Ellis
08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Bowens D is overrated, because thats the only thing he can do, you can't handcheck in FIBA, that means brucy is home watching the world championships! Nice gesture, Pop really went to bat for him and pulled some strings.

Back to the much maligned and WATERED-DOWN spurs for 52 wins and a second round playoff exit next year.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1100025&postcount=3

It's not February yet.

wolf754life
08-09-2006, 11:36 AM
kori, thought i could sit idly by and let the spurs suffer, but i have to get it off my chest, no one else seems to mind that we just wasted the last 4 years of duncans career.

3 titles is better than none, thats for damn sure, but 6 would have been sweet!

not meant to be i guess, resignation, dejection, frustration, possibly even castration!

no nba league pass for this guy ever again

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Feel free to quit.

Beer is Good
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
kori, thought i could sit idly by and let the spurs suffer, but i have to get it off my chest, no one else seems to mind that we just wasted the last 4 years of duncans career.

3 titles is better than none, thats for damn sure, but 6 would have been sweet!

not meant to be i guess, resignation, dejection, frustration, possibly even castration!

no nba league pass for this guy ever again
:lmao :lmao

To quote a certain gunnery sgt.:
"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit. Get the fuck off of my obstacle. Get the fuck down off of my obstacle. Now. Move it. I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo. "

cheguevara
08-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Goddam don't u ppl bitching about Bowen understand?

Bowen does not suck. He is a type of player that fits into one type of team. Spurs-type. If you watched any Spurs games you would see Bowen's value. Now in this star-studded team, he probably looks like shit, same as he would look if he ever played an allstar game.

Do they really need him in team USA, probably not. Will he get cut, probably yes. But Bowen is a powerful weapon in a defensive minded team.

2centsworth
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Goddam don't u ppl bitching about Bowen understand?

Bowen does not suck. He is a type of player that fits into one type of team. Spurs-type. If you watched any Spurs games you would see Bowen's value. Now in this star-studded team, he probably looks like shit, same as he would look if he ever played an allstar game.

Do they really need him in team USA, probably not. Will he get cut, probably yes. But Bowen is a powerful weapon in a defensive minded team.
It can be argued that Bruce was the centerpiece of the Spurs' strategy (at least from the perimeter) over the past 4 years.

At this point Tony and Manu need to step up and assume the leadership roles.