PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Picks to win CFB National Championship

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 02:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2542725

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Waste of time.

He will be declared a massive choadeblower, Bonfire attendant of Demarcus Bryantian proportions, voting Conservative in the Fall.

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 03:52 AM
Waste of time.

He will be declared a massive choadeblower, Bonfire attendant of Demarcus Bryantian proportions, voting Conservative in the Fall.

ahh, yes. so true... :depressed

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 04:00 AM
According to this forum, UT recruited all the 5 star players and left the 3 and 4 stars to USC, AUburn, and FLorida. The rest of the recruits were either walkons, or ex minor league baseball athletes, and juco transfers. SO when the longhorn faithful find out that they do not have the best players in Safetey positions down to the redshirt place kickers, their world collapses and now their aggie rivals are to blame.

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 05:18 AM
According to this forum, UT recruited all the 5 star players and left the 3 and 4 stars to USC, AUburn, and FLorida. The rest of the recruits were either walkons, or ex minor league baseball athletes, and juco transfers. SO when the longhorn faithful find out that they do not have the best players in Safetey positions down to the redshirt place kickers, their world collapses and now their aggie rivals are to blame.

yeah, i guess rivals.com and espn.com and scout.com don't mean anything. cause USC has been DOMINATING the recruting battles the last three years. rivals has them finishing #1 the last three, scout #1 two of the last three, and espn (i believe) had them #1 at least in 2006. and if you look at the star rankings USC has a pretty big lead of everybody.

(cue stupid t.u. fan) ..."man vy killed you guys in the rose bowl last year, we ruined you, tell me....what has your life become? ha ha eat it...eat it."

...uhhh, ok.

1. FACT. USCs recruiting classes are rated better
2. FACT. USC has 11 national titles to t.u.'s 4

...eat that, Bitch.

Brutalis
08-09-2006, 06:41 AM
I don't understand why we can't just take a vote to get him deleted.

NoMoneyDown
08-09-2006, 07:20 AM
ESPN is all over Southern Cal's jock. They pretty much swayed people to vote for Bush last year for the Heisman. Of course, we all got to see who the REAL Heisman winner should have been. They also prop USC every chance they can. Probably one of the most biased media outlets there are these days. If they had their way, it'd be USC vs. Notre Dame EVERY year for the national championship.

leemajors
08-09-2006, 08:11 AM
yeah, i guess rivals.com and espn.com and scout.com don't mean anything. cause USC has been DOMINATING the recruting battles the last three years. rivals has them finishing #1 the last three, scout #1 two of the last three, and espn (i believe) had them #1 at least in 2006. and if you look at the star rankings USC has a pretty big lead of everybody.

(cue stupid t.u. fan) ..."man vy killed you guys in the rose bowl last year, we ruined you, tell me....what has your life become? ha ha eat it...eat it."

...uhhh, ok.

...eat that, Bitch.

i'm still shellshocked by someone who attended a&m comprehending double digit numerals

samikeyp
08-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Past championships are irrelevant. The current championship is all that matters. Texas is the defending national champion and deserves respect for that. What they don't deserve is special treatment throughout the season. Personally, I didn't like it when some of my fellow Spurs fans dropped the "yeah, well we are the champs" when this new season started. Once a new season starts, everyone is 0-0. Being a defending champ is nice but in a new season it gives you absolutely nothing. It doesn't score you points or win you games. Those still have to be earned. At the start of every new season, Aggie calls out Horn and vice versa. That has been the way for 100 plus years and that is what makes it fun. I am not like a lot of fans on this board. I have respect for opponents of my favorite teams, not fear, but respect and some people are too stupid to know the difference. The funny thing is there are quite a few (not all obviously) who claim themselves as Aggie or Longhorn but never have stepped foot on either campus. I am not a Longhorn, I am a Longhorn fan. I don't root for the Aggies but I don't hate them either. I thought it was cool the way a lot of Ags rooted for Texas against SC (even for a day) Personally, I root for any Texas team that plays a non-Texas team because to me, loyalty to the state is most important. Let johngates have his fun, let Dio have his...its all part of the rivalry. Just know john that not all Longhorn fans feel the way you have presented.

again..this is just my opinion and not a suggested course of action for anyone.

BTW johngates...what class were you?

Holmes_Fans
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM

...uhhh, ok.

...eat that, Bitch.
Where anywhere on this forum has a Texas fan said "eat it". You seem to use that more than anyone else.

1. FACT. Boston has 18 Championship
2. FACT. Spurs have 3

omgomgogmogmgogmgo celtics are so much better now!!!111!1!1 EAT THAT, BITCH

You are just sad little fairweather aggy/trojan fan who hates anything that has to do with Texas. Nice to see you going to only insults now since you know nothing except what ESPN tells you about your team.

kskonn
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM

...uhhh, ok.

...eat that, Bitch.

you are talking in all sports, right?

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Past championships are irrelevant. The current championship is all that matters. Texas is the defending national champion and deserves respect for that. What they don't deserve is special treatment throughout the season. Personally, I didn't like it when some of my fellow Spurs fans dropped the "yeah, well we are the champs" when this new season started. Once a new season starts, everyone is 0-0. Being a defending champ is nice but in a new season it gives you absolutely nothing. It doesn't score you points or win you games. Those still have to be earned. At the start of every new season, Aggie calls out Horn and vice versa. That has been the way for 100 plus years and that is what makes it fun. I am not like a lot of fans on this board. I have respect for opponents of my favorite teams, not fear, but respect and some people are too stupid to know the difference. The funny thing is there are quite a few (not all obviously) who claim themselves as Aggie or Longhorn but never have stepped foot on either campus. I am not a Longhorn, I am a Longhorn fan. I don't root for the Aggies but I don't hate them either. I thought it was cool the way a lot of Ags rooted for Texas against SC (even for a day) Personally, I root for any Texas team that plays a non-Texas team because to me, loyalty to the state is most important. Let johngates have his fun, let Dio have his...its all part of the rivalry. Just know john that not all Longhorn fans feel the way you have presented.

again..this is just my opinion and not a suggested course of action for anyone.

BTW johngates...what class were you?

...here is where i will disagree with you. of course past championships matter....thats a ridiculous statement to say otherwise. history always matters....why record it...

LB7
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
you are talking in all sports, right?
If that were the case, you would have to add UT's baseball titles.

Mr Dio
08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't understand why we can't just take a vote to get him deleted.

Because every forum needs a moron (or 2) & we have the current CO & SC(or is it anm? :lol ) love connection.

Mr Dio
08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Where anywhere on this forum has a Texas fan said "eat it". You seem to use that more than anyone else.

1. FACT. Boston has 18 Championship
2. FACT. Spurs have 3

omgomgogmogmgogmgo celtics are so much better now!!!111!1!1 EAT THAT, BITCH

You are just sad little fairweather aggy/trojan fan who hates anything that has to do with Texas. Nice to see you going to only insults now since you know nothing except what ESPN tells you about your team.

:lmao

All you did was use this moron's logic against her & now she is sheepish. She has NO COMEBACK or prudent reasoning to comeback! :lol

MissAllThat
08-09-2006, 06:33 PM

Who are these "t.u." fans you speak of? I'm not even sure what t.u. is. Never heard of it. And I've definitely never heard a USC fan call the University of Texas "t.u." The only in-bred brain-lacking people who do that are Aggies, and why I'm not sure. The only thing I can come up with is that they have problems reading. So either you are A.) A sad excuse for a bandwagoning USC fan who has never stepped foot on the school premises and therefore thinks that bashing UT is a "cool" thing to do, B.) A loser Aggie who still can't get over the fact that your school sucks, your football team sucks, and your life as a whole sucks because you will never amount to anything more than a sheep fucker, or C.) You are just plain stupid. And really, who says "eat it?"

Mr Dio
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Who are these "t.u." fans you speak of? I'm not even sure what t.u. is. Never heard of it. And I've definitely never heard a USC fan call the University of Texas "t.u." The only in-bred brain-lacking people who do that are Aggies, and why I'm not sure. The only thing I can come up with is that they have problems reading. So either you are A.) A sad excuse for a bandwagoning USC fan who has never stepped foot on the school premises and therefore thinks that bashing UT is a "cool" thing to do, B.) A loser Aggie who still can't get over the fact that your school sucks, your football team sucks, and your life as a whole sucks because you will never amount to anything more than a sheep fucker, or C.) You are just plain stupid. And really, who says "eat it?"

:lmao

Fuckin' :owned

Mr Dio
08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
It is morons like JillGayWhiney that give SC a bad rep.
You got so many thousands of true SC fans that are just as classy as most Buckeye fans but you got that one pimple like JillGayWhiney that tries to suck any dick in the top 3.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM

Well if you wanna get technical and all upset about TU or UT, UT is also reffered to the University of Tenn. who btw also have an excellent program. UT is not an exotic acronym like you would believe.

and if you want to feel even more embarrassed about the TU thing. How bout the fact that you see alot of mexicans wearing burnt orange hats and gear which refer UT as T.U. with a longhorn label.

Am i supposed to gather from this that longhorn alumni can't get it straight when it comes to labeling their own product.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
It is morons like JillGayWhiney that give SC a bad rep.
You got so many thousands of true SC fans that are just as classy as most Buckeye fans but you got that one pimple like JillGayWhiney that tries to suck any dick in the top 3.

You're right,

JGW is such a fake SC fan who so happened to attend SC and has connections to the school.

And it was so obvious before JGW appeared there was so much SC love in this forum. :blah :spin

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
You're right,

JGW is such a fake SC fan who so happened to attend SC and has connections to the school.

And it was so obvious before JGW appeared there was so much SC love in this forum. :blah :spin

ha ha! keep the logic train rolling my friend....there is no answer when you actually make rational posts.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
This forum can be very mind numbing because of the reaction one gets if one does not declare Mack Brown on par with Barry Switzer and the UT longhorns as the most dominant franchise of all time.

Add to the fact that all their players are ranked number one according to the Austin American Statesman.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
i'm still shellshocked by someone who attended a&m comprehending double digit numerals

Maybe to the fact that they have a good hard scieces and math degree programs, and that it is a top university.

You must also be enamored by the fact that anyone who attendant Harvard law might have great deduction and reasoning skills.

This does not surprise me about you.

Holmes_Fans
08-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Well if you wanna get technical and all upset about TU or UT, UT is also reffered to the University of Tenn. who btw also have an excellent program. UT is not an exotic acronym like you would believe.

and if you want to feel even more embarrassed about the TU thing. How bout the fact that you see alot of mexicans wearing burnt orange hats and gear which refer UT as T.U. with a longhorn label.

Am i supposed to gather from this that longhorn alumni can't get it straight when it comes to labeling their own product.
Yes, because all the mexicans you see are UT alum, thus meaning thaty longhorn alumni can't get it straight when labeling there own product.

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM

TU stands for THE UNIVERSITY...idiot. So, if thats how you would like to refer to it, then fine by me. If you look at a lot of hats and shirts they sell at the bookstores, they say The University. Its not a foreign thing.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Yes, because all the mexicans you see are UT alum, thus meaning thaty longhorn alumni can't get it straight when labeling there own product.

Thank you for proving my point about my statement being facetious. I really don't think that about the horns, but i'm trying to illustrate the kind of phrases that get thrown out here about A&M and any other teams.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
TU stands for THE UNIVERSITY...idiot. So, if thats how you would like to refer to it, then fine by me. If you look at a lot of hats and shirts they sell at the bookstores, they say The University. Its not a foreign thing.

:lmao:lmao:lmao,

so that must mean that the acronym for the Longhorns is TUOT. The UNiversity of Texas. i doubt it.

Unless you know of a sports team who is called "THE UNIVERSITY" who has burnt orange colors and the same mascots.

Leave it to rest. I don't refer to them that way, nor do i care.

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
No its just The University. My brother is a UT grad and now attends law school. Its not a made up thing. They refer to it as The University similar to the way OSU refers to it as The Ohio State University. Just The University. Not The University of Texas. Just The University. You obviously have never even set foot in Austin or you would know this. Even Ags are aware of this concept.

samikeyp
08-09-2006, 09:16 PM
...here is where i will disagree with you. of course past championships matter....thats a ridiculous statement to say otherwise. history always matters....why record it...

When comparing histories...I am with you. My problem is when people think a current version of a team is better than others solely based on the fact of more championships. That would be like watching the Celtics not make the playoffs, someone dogging Celtic fan about that and Celtic fan responding "yeah well we have 16 championships" when speaking of the current incarnation of said team, the past is irrelevant because it cannot help you now. The Spurs aren't going to win games just because they have three titles. Now, when you are comparing franchise histories of the Spurs and say the Mavs, those three titles are very important.

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
well not only does Tennessee use UT, but so does University of Tampa, and i think even Utah. plus there are probably more...

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
No its just The University. My brother is a UT grad and now attends law school. Its not a made up thing. They refer to it as The University similar to the way OSU refers to it as The Ohio State University. Just The University. Not The University of Texas. Just The University. You obviously have never even set foot in Austin or you would know this. Even Ags are aware of this concept.

So when i see a shirt labeled T.U. with a Horn symbol.

It's to be interpreted as the The UNIVERSITY OF Longhorns FOOTBall!? :smokin

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
When comparing histories...I am with you. My problem is when people think a current version of a team is better than others solely based on the fact of more championships. That would be like watching the Celtics not make the playoffs, someone dogging Celtic fan about that and Celtic fan responding "yeah well we have 16 championships" when speaking of the current incarnation of said team, the past is irrelevant because it cannot help you now. The Spurs aren't going to win games just because they have three titles. Now, when you are comparing franchise histories of the Spurs and say the Mavs, those three titles are very important.

...i completely agree. that is why i started another thread titled, "Total National Championships" to compare USC to t.u. and others....its quite funny, imo.

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
So when i see a shirt labeled T.U. with a Horn symbol.

It's to be interpreted as the The UNIVERSITY OF Longhorns FOOTBall!? :smokin
However you want to look at it. I was just letting you know thats what they call it. It just means they are saying UT is the best school in Texas. Its a rivalry thing. I was only letting you know. Its not uncommon knowledge here in Texas.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
well not only does Tennessee use UT, but so does University of Tampa, and i think even Utah. plus there are probably more...

According to LB7, they're AKA "The UNIVERSITY". :lol

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
What does the South Caroline use? Is it South Carolina University of University of South Carolina? I'm really asking because I don't know.

gtownspur
08-09-2006, 09:24 PM
However you want to look at it. I was just letting you know thats what they call it. It just means they are saying UT is the best school in Texas. Its a rivalry thing. I was only letting you know. Its not uncommon knowledge here in Texas.

Then you should be aiming this response at all the others who are jumping on JGW for him call UT, TU.

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
According to LB7, they're AKA "The UNIVERSITY". :lol
Laugh all you want, its true. Ask any UT alums on this board. As far as I'm concerned, the way they have had great teams in every big-tme college sport speaks for itself. I'd say they are The University. In Texas, they go above and beyond the other big schools.

LB7
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Then you should be aiming this response at all the others who are jumping on JGW for him call UT, TU.
Well actually, JGW is just joining the Ags when calling it T.U. The entire Aggie fight song is about UT which is sad but they continually refer to it as T.U. If you see and actual Texas Longhorn shirt that reads TU, it most likely refers to The University. If its an Aggie shirt, then most likely they are just making fun.

johngateswhiteley
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Laugh all you want, its true. Ask any UT alums on this board. As far as I'm concerned, the way they have had great teams in every big-tme college sport speaks for itself. I'd say they are The University. In Texas, they go above and beyond the other big schools.

well, t.u. has had more success in sports than the other Texas schools...i believe that is true.

Mr Dio
08-09-2006, 11:37 PM
You're right,

OMG, you missed my pint AGAIN! :lol
Why jump from one school to the other if a person is a True DieHard fan of 1 school? No Spine? No sack? No common sense?
You tell us.

Yeah, you & her are much alike. :lol

gtownspur
08-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Why jump from one school to the other if a person is a True DieHard fan of 1 school? No Spine? No sack? No common sense?
You tell us.

I'm sorry that you can't grasp the concept of someone rooting for two schools.

Maybe it's the same reason you can't root for both teams of the schools you attended, the fighting Paul Mitchells or the Mighty Mac Tools. :lol

johngateswhiteley
08-10-2006, 04:28 AM
You tell us.

1. who said i was a die hard fan of one school
2. are you the authority on the matter, do i have to answer to you?
3. when did common sense enter your playing field....you have not displayed any the whole time i have been on this forum?

...its simple. i went to both schools, went to both schools games, and support them both. how and why is that so hard to understand? now, if you ever bothered to ask me who i would root for if they played each other....ooh, that would be a tough one. would depend on their current season and implications and whatnot. in general it would probably be the Aggies...but for instance, if USC was undefeated and going for a championship i'd root for USC. if they were playing each other in the national championship, my dream scenario btw, i'd probably slightly pull for A&M as the Ags have only one championship. but, of course, i would be happy with who won.

...i know its not a normal scenario and most fans have a team they put at the very top, i am just different. and i do not have to ask your permission...