PDA

View Full Version : Hermann, Jumaine Jones

diego
08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Reports from argentina indicate the Bobcats have officially signed Hermann late monday the 7th. This makes Jumaine Jones more available.

TDMVPDPOY
08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
dont think the spurs are goin to give him a call

Bruno
08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Jumaine Jones can really help us next year, I hope we get him.
He will likely ask more than the LLE, a S&T for Barry is my favourite scenario. If we can get him for $6M/2 years (only 2 years for the 08 plan), he will be a very good addition.

boutons_
08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Congrats, Hermann, good luck in the NBA.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Jumaine Jones can really help us next year, I hope we get him.
He will likely ask more than the LLE, a S&T for Barry is my favourite scenario. If we can get him for $6M/2 years (only 2 years for the 08 plan), he will be a very good addition.If Barry was in the final year of his contract, I think they might go for that. Maybe they're all waiting for Williamsto be tradeable.

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Did he really sign with the Bobcats???

Any links??? Because there is no news of this at the Bobcats' official website.

cheguevara
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Nice. I'll be watching Bobcat games cause Hermann is a beast

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Did he really sign with the Bobcats???

Any links??? Because there is no news of this at the Bobcats' official website.
http://www.26noticias.com.ar/index.php?p=notadetalle&pp=ultimas&idNota=18852

cheguevara
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
http://www.26noticias.com.ar/index.php?p=notadetalle&pp=ultimas&idNota=18852

hehe I like the sentence where it says he got personal initial approval from His Airness MJ

but then again, so did Kwame Brown :rolleyes

Bruno
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
If Barry was in the final year of his contract, I think they might go for that.

We disagree an Bobcats' interest for Barry since the start of the offseason but the fact that they have signed Harrington and Voskuhl to 2 years deals will maybe convince you that they can be interested in Barry's 2 years contracts too.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Maybe, but they already have two white guys who can't defend. You'd think something would've happened by now. I imagine Jones would still think the swing rotation would be a bit crowded. We'll have to see what happens with Ely. Right now it looks like they need size more than Barry.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
My theory is that Bob Johnson is using Donald Sterling as a role model and won't be blowing alot of money on free agents until his young guys end their rookie deals. I believe with the Hermann signing the Bobcats are carrying 15 contracts, so a sign-and-trade with Jones for a two-year deal makes less sense unless Jordan really wants a guy like Barry. Otherwise I could see the Cats taking back a one-year or expiring deal of a player they will end up waiving just to reach the league minimum payroll like the Clippers did a few years ago with Will Perdue and Vinny Del Negro.

venitian navigator
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
My theory is that Bob Johnson is using Donald Sterling as a role model and won't be blowing alot of money on free agents until his young guys end their rookie deals. I believe with the Hermann signing the Bobcats are carrying 15 contracts, so a sign-and-trade with Jones for a two-year deal makes less sense unless Jordan really wants a guy like Barry. Otherwise I could see the Cats taking back a one-year or expiring deal of a player they will end up waiving just to reach the league minimum payroll like the Clippers did a few years ago with Will Perdue and Vinny Del Negro.

That could be our E. Wililams contract...
However, I'd still prefer to sign Q. Woods over J. Jones...better all around offensive player and younger (now with less baggage).

Bruno
08-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Bobcats are fine at PF/C, they still have 6 bigs under contract (Okafor, Brezec, May, Harrington, Voskuhl, Hollins) and Ely. They had to do something with Ely but their weak spot is clearly SG. They will play a lot with 2 SFs (Morrison + Wallace) or 2 PGs (Felton and Knight) but they don't have any quality natural SG (Carroll and Robinson aren't really good).
For Barry redundance, you're right but Morisson is a rookie and is a SF and they can easily trade Carroll who has a small contract.

Bruno
08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
A deal like Eric Williams + cash or Danny Fortson + cash to Charlotte for nothing make a lot of sense for both teams and will likely happen if Charlotte stay under the min salary.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Bobcats are fine at PF/CYeah, I forgot about Voskuhl, but he's not terribly reliable healthwise.
They will play a lot with 2 SFs (Morrison + Wallace)I think that's the starting swing rotation.
they can easily trade Carroll who has a small contract.Or waive him.

I can see where Barry might fit. Had he gone to UNC a trade would've been made weeks ago.

venitian navigator
08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I think the Bobcats are better interested in an expiring contract than in one that in 2007 will still run for more than 5 millions.
If I understand correctly the Chumpdumper line, doing so they could :
1) probably join the minimum necessary level of salary cap;
2) mantain the cap space for 2007 in a level that makes them the best franchise in the market for free agents;
3) have the supposedly last very bad season (maybe, at this moment, they look like the worst of the 30 franchises) in the Oden's year.
4) take, maybe, one or some (second) choices

Not bad at all...for a team who's only perspective is to make the biggest improvement (not this year but) in two seasons.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Heh -- that's true.

Barry might make them too good.

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm happy for Hermann. With all of the tragedy that he has gone through in his life, and knowing that he's a hardworking team player, he really deserves a shot at the NBA. I'm nothing but happy for the guy, and I wish him good luck.

Bruno
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM
One thing I really like about Bobcats is that they haven't tanked at the end of the last season (they finised on a 6-2 run) for the draft. There wasn't a player like Oden in this year draft but they have acted with some class.

BTW, good luck for Hermann.

diego
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
So is Jones worth an expiring contract?? cash considerations? a 2 round pick?

--

As far as Hermann, he says he thinks the one on one play of the NBA fits him better and that hes happy to be the first to go to a team were he'll have a better shot at minutes, (Spurs, Pistons, and Bulls , two contenders and a playoff team for the other Argies), but I'm not sure if thats in his interest... I'll be surprised if he really manages to adapt, because his game is crazy. I just have a feeling hes going to get stuffed, a lot. But who knows, if he can keep scoring with those crazy drives he'll be good.

kolko
08-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Hermann signed a two-year contract (the second year is team option)

Bruno
08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
So is Jones worth an expiring contract?? cash considerations? a 2 round pick?

Jones hasn't a lot of trade value since he is an unrestricted free agent.
If Cats are interested in Barry, Barry for Jones. If they aren't interested in Barry, Williams + some incentives like cash and/or second round pick.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Williams still hasn't been introduced by the team which strongly suggests that he will be traded some time after Aug 21. S+T JJ for Williams makes sense for both parties - we get an all-rounder 3, they get an expiring contract.

ALVAREZ6
08-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Here's a short youtube video clip of a dunk contest in Europe, Walter Herrmann is shown doing 3 different dunks in it, he's the guy in the green for those of you that don't know.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrV_gPbl63A

Duncanoypi
08-10-2006, 08:08 AM
great balls of fire..woooow!...he's on fire......

cheguevara
08-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Here's a short youtube video clip of a dunk contest in Europe, Walter Herrmann is shown doing 3 different dunks in it, he's the guy in the green for those of you that don't know.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrV_gPbl63A

who's the guy w/the afro? he's got mad hops!

Bruno
08-10-2006, 09:49 AM
who's the guy w/the afro? he's got mad hops!

Mickael gelabale, a french guy who will play with Seattle next season.

BTW, Hermann's most famous dunk is this one :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cVgfx6VtFHo