PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson: "W Assured Me There Would Be No Casualties"

Nbadan
10-22-2004, 02:31 AM
Robertson Says Bush Predicted No Iraq Toll"

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK
Published: October 21, 2004

The evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson has set off a partisan fight by telling a television interviewer that President Bush serenely assured him just before the invasion of Iraq, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

Mr. Robertson, offering that account in an interview televised Tuesday night on CNN, said Mr. Bush made the comment when they met in Nashville in early 2003. At that meeting, he said, he warned the president to prepare the public for casualties.

Mr. Robertson, a former marine who ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, said that he had had "deep misgivings" about the war. But, he said, closely paraphrasing Mark Twain, the president looked "like a contented Christian with four aces.''

"I mean, he was just sitting there like 'I am on top of the world,' " Mr. Robertson said.

"The Lord told me it was going to be a), a disaster, and b), messy," he continued, adding that he wished Mr. Bush would acknowledge his mistake.

<snip>

"Is Pat Robertson telling the truth when he said you didn't think there'd be any casualties, or is Pat Robertson lying?" Mike McCurry, a spokesman for Senator John Kerry, asked at a campaign stop in Waterloo, Iowa.

(con't)..............

NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/21/politics/campaign/21pat.html?oref=login&pagewanted=all)

The president looked "like a contented Christian with four aces.''

:lol

whottt
10-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Ok, when a liberal is so desperate he goes to the Pat Robertson card...the Democratic Party is officially finished. Even Republicans don't use Robertson as an endorsement. I mean I am sure if we wanted Bushbackers could fill this forum with Robertson Pro Bush endorsements...we don't.

Hey why don't you go see what Falwell has to say...ahh never mind. Best to forget about ole Jerry.

Nbadan
10-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Hey why don't you go see what Falwell has to say...ahh never mind. Best to forget about ole Jerry.

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are never to far from the powers-that-be in the Republican party. They may be staying out of picture, but they're around.

Yonivore
10-22-2004, 06:53 AM
I guess Robertson forgot about the President's very public September 2001 speech when he told me, you, and everyone else that American casualties would be unavoidable in the war on terror.

Spurminator
10-22-2004, 11:03 AM
This is not the first ridiculous thing to come out of Robertson's mouth.

JoeChalupa
10-22-2004, 11:04 AM
He cracks me up. :)