PDA

View Full Version : Tony Delk to play in Greece

Pistons < Spurs
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Tony Delk signs for PAO
9/8/2006

Panathinaikos BC announces the signing of the NBA player Tony Delk.

Dimitris Itoudis knows Toni Delk΄s strong points very well and said that it is now the coaching staff΄s turn after the administration has done their job: «The thing that drew my attention to Delk is that he was very to the point and mature in our discussions. He has an excellent knowledge of European basketball. The fact that he comes from the Kentucky makes him, amongst others, a very good defensive player. He can play in two positions and he is very good in one-on-one. We are awaiting him on the 21st for training camp. We must put all new players now into our philosophy. It is up to us to create a concrete team. I would too like to thank the administration for their efforts in strengthening the club roster and especially Thanassis Giannakopoulos who did not get much sleep these days in order to finalize the signing of Toni Delk.»

DarkReign
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
He was a bust. Wasnt he drafted relatively high?

What a tool. Worhtless. Have fun in Europe, scrub.

Bruno
08-09-2006, 12:27 PM
He will play with Javtokas.

The interesting thing is that he has signed a one year contract for €1.8M ($2.3M). There are too less taxes in Europe, I guess it's like he gets $3M in nba. End of the bench nba players whose first motivation is money have interest to sign in Europe now.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
He was a #16 pick, but 96 wasn't a terribly deep draft. He was picked above Jermaine O'Neal and Illgauskas, however.

That's twice as much as he would've made here - before taxes.

NBA Junkie
08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I never thought I'd see the day that Tony Delk and defense were used in the same sentence.