PDA

View Full Version : mac cheaper then dell

ducks
08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Apple has created one standard model, which consists of two 2.66Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon chips, 1 GB of RAM, a 250 GB hard drive, an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB video card and a SuperDrive, all for $2499. Which is about $1,000 less than a similarly configured Dell! Since you can boot into Windows on a Mac with Boot Camp, why would anyone buy a Dell? But we digress. Choose from this model, or the many others we'll be stocking, or custom-configure whatever you want through PowerMax. There are literally thousands upon thousands of configuration possibilities!
http://www.powermax.com//Mac_Pro_2.66GHz_Dual-Core_Intel_Xeon_processors/c-nmp-ma356ll/a.html

1Parker1
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I have a Dell. And I absolutely HATE Mac/Apple computers and laptops, I don't even care if I have to pay $1000 more for it. We have some on campus at college...and I never use that classroom.

Sorry Ducks, I know you'll hate me and look at me as a Devil Worshipper. :depressed

Pistons < Spurs
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I will never own a Mac.

leemajors
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I will never own a Mac.

if you have the money, they're great computers. Mac OS is great, but XP is more customizable. i never thought i would like mac os x until i started using it. i still have pc's at home, but macs are very solid machines. they've got the right idea, they're not trying to compete with pcs at all really. just winning over people a few at a time, and keeping the customers they do have. if i bought a laptop, it would probably be a macbook. i'll always have a pc desktop though.

cherylsteele
08-09-2006, 03:20 PM
In reference to the thread title....you get what you pay for.

dougp
08-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll buy a mac at one point to mess with - but it will be dual-boot.

Also, you get a LOT better video card in the Dell, hate to say it.

Useruser666
08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I'll buy a mac when it does what I need a computer to do. Otherwise this is an apples and pineapples comparison.

leemajors
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I have a Dell. And I absolutely HATE Mac/Apple computers and laptops, I don't even care if I have to pay $1000 more for it. We have some on campus at college...and I never use that classroom.

Sorry Ducks, I know you'll hate me and look at me as a Devil Worshipper. :depressed

i hate dell computers, they are really no different than Apple - proprietary bullshit parts that cost out the ass to fix. it's why i build my own.

ShoogarBear
08-09-2006, 06:37 PM
http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/group/SticeLAB/Appetizing/big%20mac.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
We've already decided our next computer will be a mac. We'll keep this one too as back up ... or a glorified card game player.

I HATE Dell. My brother worked for them for years..... then they laid him off and shipped out his job to India. bastards.

ShoogarBear
08-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I guess now wouldn't be the best time to mention that my sister works for Dell and just got back from a week in Bangalore, where she had to meet her "team" for the first time.

Yep, tech support.

Of course, my other sister got laid off by them, so she went back and got her MBA.

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2006, 02:22 AM
http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/group/SticeLAB/Appetizing/big%20mac.jpg

3.50 at ur local maccas > 2500 bucks for a mac laptop