PDA

View Full Version : World Series

Jimcs50
10-22-2004, 08:09 AM
This should be a great series. These teams have two of the best three lineups in baseball. St. Louis has not had to play against any lineup near as good as Boston's from top to bottom. Facing a lineup with Millar and Cabrera in the 8 and 9 hole will be a new experience for them. But in their park, Ortiz will have to play 1st base and he is no way near as good a 1st baseman as Millar is so they can exploit him with bunts and line drives near him because his range is limited. But Boston will have to play him because his bat is much too valuable. I can telll you this, the Red Sox will not win this series with Manny not getting any RBIs again, or Pedro not getting a win, that is a given.

Jimcs50
10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Also that sly fox LaRussa will bunt on poor Schilling as well, something Torre did not do for some reason. Tony uses every trick in the bag so Boston will have to be ready for anything and everything.

T Park
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I was more scared of the Astros lineup than Bostons.

Sorry Jimmy. These hitters of Bostons, are scary, but the pitching staff doesnt have that Roger Clemens looming over the Cardinals heads.

Although after last night, there confidence is so sky high, I think they could beat even Randy Johnson, or even Johan Santana.

Jimcs50
10-22-2004, 09:21 PM
TPark, the RedSox led the majors in runs scored, you better fear this lineup. You won't be 3 hitting the Red Sox like you did the Astros, that is a given.

T Park
10-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Right right.

IMO the Red Sox have three hitters you worry about.

Damon, Ramierez, Ortiz.

Outside of them, Im not worried a bit.

The Astros were a tough team to face.

Marcus Bryant
10-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Stay Puff your birdies are going down.

IcemanCometh
10-23-2004, 11:11 AM
the red sox don't have roger clemens? they only have schilling. sure hes hobbled but hes already come back from the crucifixtion. they have a much better bullpen ,outside of lidge. the bottom of their order is much much more potent than the astros is.