PDA

View Full Version : iPod help

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
okay i left my iPod charging all day and right now i disconnected it and it says that no power left to please charge iPod then this fucking frown comes out. WTF??

mookie2001
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
too many nick cannon tracks

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
^ hahaha, fuck off.^

phyzik
08-09-2006, 10:56 PM

:lol :lol owned.

anyway, the battery is fucked, happened with me. Take it in.

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 10:59 PM
anyway, the battery is fucked, happened with me. Take it in.
thanks

GrandeDavid
08-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I bought one for my niece in Brazil and hers stopped working in similar fashion. I'm in LA now and took it with me to a random Apple store in Pasadena and they immediately exchanged it for a new one, no questions asked. I'd just take it to an Apple store and get them to exchange it. From my personal experience, Apple's customer service is stellar. You should have a one year factory guarantee, but even if its passed that, they seem to have pride in their products and will at least try to fix it.

PM5K
08-09-2006, 11:17 PM
What kind of iPod are we talking about?

Did you try a hard reset?

GrandeDavid
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
PM5K, not to speak for her, but my niece's seemed to have the same problem and a hard reset didn't solve the problem.

PM5K
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
PM5K, not to speak from her, but my niece's seemed to have the same problem and a hard reset didn't solve the problem.

Can't hurt to try can it ;-)

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:29 PM
What kind of iPod are we talking about?

Did you try a hard reset?
iPod Mini, and yes i tried to reset it. fucking thing doesn't want to work.

GrandeDavid
08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
spurs=bling, please get an exchange. You are entitled, my friend. Apple owes you.

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
spurs=bling, please get an exchange. You are entitled, my friend. Apple owes you.
i'm gonna go ahead and mail it in then.

Fillmoe
08-09-2006, 11:41 PM
same shit happened to me i had to mail it in to apple and they sent me a new/refurbished one.... its been working cool ever since

GrandeDavid
08-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Or you can just drop by any Apple store in the country. With my niece's, I didn't even have the box or earphones. And it was scratched up. It was purchased in San Antonio but exchanged in LA. So if you are in a city where there's an Apple store (if you're in San Antonio, there's one at the Shops at La Cantera), just drop it off, personally, if you want a replacement quickly.

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Or you can just drop by any Apple store in the country. With my niece's, I didn't even have the both or earphones. And it was scratched up. It was purchased in San Antonio but exchanged in LA. So if you are in a city where there's an Apple store (if you're in San Antonio, there's one at the Shops at La Cantera), just drop it off, personally, if you want a replacement quickly.
why couldn't it break last week when i was in SA :madrun

leemajors
08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Or you can just drop by any Apple store in the country. With my niece's, I didn't even have the both or earphones. And it was scratched up. It was purchased in San Antonio but exchanged in LA. So if you are in a city where there's an Apple store (if you're in San Antonio, there's one at the Shops at La Cantera), just drop it off, personally, if you want a replacement quickly.

depends on whether they have that model in stock at the retail store or not. and btw, if it's dented don't even bother sending it in.

MissAllThat
08-09-2006, 11:47 PM

:lol No, its that Fergie song (if she has that). It will kill an ipod.

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:48 PM
its not dented, hell there isn't even a scratch on it.

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:49 PM
:lol No, its that Fergie song (if she has that). It will kill an ipod.
eww, i hate that song.

leemajors
08-09-2006, 11:51 PM
its not dented, hell there isn't even a scratch on it.

just warning you. i talk to plenty of people every day who swear there wasn't a dent on their iPod. i get a picture from the depot to prove it - lo and behold there's a crater in the back 95% of the time and they wonder why it doesn't work... :lol

spurs=bling
08-09-2006, 11:55 PM
just warning you. i talk to plenty of people every day who swear there wasn't a dent on their iPod. i get a picture from the depot to prove it - lo and behold there's a crater in the back 95% of the time and they wonder why it doesn't work... :lol
well i take care of my things.

MissAllThat
08-10-2006, 01:24 AM
eww, i hate that song.

Thank God. I'm glad you have taste.

usckk
08-10-2006, 10:04 AM
okay i left my iPod charging all day and right now i disconnected it and it says that no power left to please charge iPod then this fucking frown comes out. WTF??
Spurs bling...after a quick search, here's Apple's tutorial to fix this.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

dougp
08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
This is why you don't buy iPods - stupid battery bullshit.

usckk
08-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Also, you can always try reformatting the ipod by right clicking the ipod icon in My Computer. That pretty much solve all software problems.

Duff McCartney
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I remember I picked up my ipod and tried to play it and all that came on was this black battery sign..I was like uh WTF?

I thought maybe the battery got screwed and it was barely a week that I had it. But it ended up being that the battery was dead...which I found hard to believe because I've never come close to using it that much.

DFW Spurs
08-10-2006, 12:57 PM

:lmao :lmao I've never laugh so hard in a long time, thanks mookie! :lmao :lmao

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Also, you can always try reformatting the ipod by right clicking the ipod icon in My Computer. That pretty much solve all software problems.
:wow :wow it worked.

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
i kept on trying to reset it but no luck, but when school starts on monday i'll have my Nano ready.

usckk
08-10-2006, 06:29 PM
:wow :wow it worked.
hehe. But are you going to re-load music into it? or are you just going to use your nano?

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
hehe. But are you going to re-load music into it? or are you just going to use your nano?
the Blue font is for sarcasm.

i'm just gonna use the Nano for now.

usckk
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I"m not kidding. Reformatting the Ipod almost always works. I had to do it once.

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 06:57 PM
i'm not even gonna try it anymore i didn't go to bed until 3 am trying to fix it.

my dad will more than likely buy me a new one.

2Blonde
08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
SB,
seriously, sending it in is the way to go. My husband has sent his in a few times and they always send him a new one and it's fast too. They usually have a shipping box out to him the day after he calls or 2 days at the latest and then he gets the new ipod or his that is fixed back in about 3-4 days after he sends it off. They are amazingly fast. I have never had any problems with my Nano but if I did I wouldn't hesitate to send it in. We have always gotten outstanding service from them.

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 07:25 PM
SB,
seriously, sending it in is the way to go. My husband has sent his in a few times and they always send him a new one and it's fast too. They usually have a shipping box out to him the day after he calls or 2 days at the latest and then he gets the new ipod or his that is fixed back in about 3-4 days after he sends it off. They are amazingly fast. I have never had any problems with my Nano but if I did I wouldn't hesitate to send it in. We have always gotten outstanding service from them.
my dad said he was going to call them in the morning, so i'm gonna go ahead in send it in.

dougp
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
SB,
Service should not make up for a shitty product. If you've had to send it in multiple times, why not find something more reliable?

Leetonidas
08-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I wish I had an iPod. :depressed

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 07:55 PM
then you could take it to school and piss off the teachers like me J :lol

2Blonde
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Service should not make up for a shitty product. If you've had to send it in multiple times, why not find something more reliable?It wasn't/isn't a shitty product. It actually turned out that the problem was his car charger/speaker system. He bought after market generic system and it was screwing up his ipod but we didn't figure out what was causing the problem until about the third time we exchanged ipods. Finally we threw away the charger and got a better one and haven't had a problem since. And Like I said, I have never had a problem with mine. It's been a great product.

2Blonde
08-10-2006, 08:11 PM
then you could take it to school and piss off the teachers like me J :lolJust be careful, someone stole my daughter's right out of her notebook sitting on her desk in 7th period. She went to talk to her teacher and it was in her zipped up pencil pouch, when she returned 5 minutes later it was gone. Nobody fessed up. We even offered a reward. No luck.

spurs=bling
08-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Just be careful, someone stole my daughter's right out of her notebook sitting on her desk in 7th period. She went to talk to her teacher and it was in her zipped up pencil pouch, when she returned 5 minutes later it was gone. Nobody fessed up. We even offered a reward. No luck.
i keep in my pocket all the time at school. besides they know better than to take my stuff. :devil :makemyday :fro

Slydragon
08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
i keep in my pocket all the time at school. besides they know better than to take my stuff. :devil :makemyday :fro

No they do not, they steal anything at school now, just keep a sharp eye on it.

emo serb
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
You start school on monday?

spurs=bling
08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
No they do not, they steal anything at school now, just keep a sharp eye on it.
TRUST me they do. :fro

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Just take it to the Apple store @ The Shops @ La Cantera SB.......Then you and all the girls could go shopping. You, Kori, SW, SpursChick KEDA, Angel Luv, Blaze, etc...

spurs=bling
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Just take it to the Apple store @ The Shops @ La Cantera SB.......Then you and all the girls could go shopping. You, Kori, SW, SpursChick KEDA, Angel Luv, Blaze, etc...
Keda and Blaze are girls???

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, I have the hickeys to prove it!

spurs=bling
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
:lol

dougp
08-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow, KEDA got me good. That wasn't her sitting next to me at the Spurs/Rockets game in May? ACK! :vomit:

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Nah, KEDA is a sexy little number that drives a Jag & picks up his sancho Dio every chance (s)he gets!

THE SIXTH MAN
08-12-2006, 12:33 AM
This is a little off subject but I rarely have time to back up the songs in my iTunes library. Well the other day I don't know what happened to my computer, but I had to take it to get fixed. I don't know what they had to do to get it working but when I got it back all the songs in my library were gone. So I sent apple an email explaining my situation and a couple of hours later they replied and let me download all the songs Ive purchased on to my computer again. :elephant I haven't had an ipod for to long but they gave me back 80 dollars worth of songs back. :smokin

spurs=bling
08-12-2006, 10:31 AM
You start school on monday?
yes

emo serb
08-12-2006, 09:10 PM
yes
Damn, when do you get out? I start September 5th and get out June 5th I believe.