PDA

View Full Version : Shut up, Eminem

Shelly
10-22-2004, 09:03 AM
The war is about oil????? (http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15190,00.html?eol.tkr)

by Josh Grossberg
Oct 21, 2004, 4:05 PM PT

First Michael Jackson gets hit, now Eminem's taking a potshot at President Bush.

"Mosh," a Bush-berating track off the rapper's upcoming Encore album, was all over the Internet Thursday after a leaked copy managed to make its way to file-sharing sites.

By late afternoon, the song was available through nearly 400 hosts on Morpheus.

Produced by Em's mentor, Dr. Dre, "Mosh" features some blistering lyrics, ripping the war in Iraq. "Let the President answer on higher anarchy/Strap him with an AK-47, let him go fight his own war/Let him impress daddy that way," Eminem raps, adding, "No more blood for oil."

The leaked track, first reported in Rolling Stone, is the latest political outburst by the never reticent rapper. In the Nov. 5 issue of the magazine, the Shady One says, "[President Bush]'s got our troops over there dying for no reason," says Eminem. "He jumped the gun, and he f---ed up so bad he doesn't know what to do right now."

The rapper says he has registered to vote for the first time but didn't go as far as endorsing a candidate. "Whatever my decision is, I would like to see Bush out of office," Eminem says. "I don't wanna see my little brother get drafted--he just turned eighteen. People think their votes don't count, but people need to get out and vote."

"Mosh" is the second track off Encore to be heard so far. The video for the lead single, "Just Lose It," was banned by BET in deference to Jackson, whom Eminem mocks in the clip.

As an incentive for fans to actually buy the CD instead of illegally downloading the album when it drops Nov. 16, Eminem has launched the Very Shady Xmas Contest. Fans who pay for the disc will be eligible for 400 prizes, ranging from Eminem-styled shows to Shady merchandise coupons to Sirius satellite radio equipment to a shot at working on the rapper's next video.

Speaking of Sirius, Eminem will kick off his new channel on the satellite radio service, Shade 45, next week with an exclusive, live broadcast of the Shady National Convention at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Eminem is slated to perform more cuts from Encore during the Oct. 28 event.

Meanwhile, there's word that the 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is mourning the death of an uncle.

Todd Nelson, who helped raise an infant Eminem when his biological father abandoned the family, committed suicide at his home in Michigan on Tuesday, London's Daily Mirror reports.

The 42-year-old Nelson shot himself in the head while sitting in his car in his backyard. He had supposedly become depressed in recent days following an altercation with a sheriff involving a dog.

A rep at Eminem's label Interscope, Dennis Dennehy, declined to comment.

But the hip-hopster's grandmother, Betty Kreslin, told the Mirror, "I'm so heartbroken, I don't know if I can handle this as well. He'll be buried next to my Ronnie."

Nelson is the second member of Eminem's family to die by his own hand. The rap star's other uncle, Ronnie Mathers, killed himself last year after a bad break-up with his girlfriend.

"This news has hit Marshall hard. It will bring back all the memories of losing Ronnie," an unnamed "friend" of Eminem is quoted in the Mirror. "To lose two uncles at such a young age is terribly sad, especially as his father has never been around. The fact they both committed suicide is so tragic."

Eminem has reportedly agreed to pick up the tab for Nelson's funeral, though it's unknown whether the rapper will attend.
]

JoeChalupa
10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
If you don't like it you don't have to buy it, or burn it, or download it.

The same thing goes for Fahrenheit 9/11.

Freedom of choice baby!!

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 10:29 AM
More brilliance from the "Hip-Hop Community"...

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/KRS.ONE.%20.9.11%20WAS%20JUSTICE%20FOR%20BLACK%20P EOPLE.

KRS-ONE: '9/11 WAS JUSTICE FOR BLACK PEOPLE'

Rapper KRS-ONE horrified other panelists during this month's (OCT04) NEW YORKER FESTIVAL when he claimed the September 11th atrocities were "justice" for black Americans and the hip-hop community.

The star, whose real name is KRIS PARKER, joined former NIRVANA rocker KRIST NOVOSELIC and HENRY ROLLINS on the panel of the 'Political Rockers' event at the annual festival on 2 October (04).

Krs-One claimed he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened. I say that proudly".

The rapper alleged security guards kept black people out of the Twin Towers, "Because of the way we talk and dress.

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' 9/11 doesn't affect us. 9/11 happened to them, not us.

"By them, I mean the rich - those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, UNIVERSAL, the radio stations."

Novelist TOM KELLY, who was sitting in the audience, booed the rapper and later told American newspaper NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, "I lost six friends there on 9/11."

Krs-One added that he wasn't bothered about the upcoming Presidential election next month (NOV04), saying, "Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption. America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

An angry Novoselic responded, "That is wrong, man. Suicide is not the answer."

14/10/2004 17:23

I didn't realize that KRS-One was still around.

JoeChalupa
10-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Never liked Eminem and sure ain't going to start now.

Shelly
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Omg...i can't believe he said that. Unreal.

Samurai Jane
10-22-2004, 11:02 AM
The ignorance that plagues the entertainment industry knows no bounds...

Sadly, some folks take what these people say as gospel.

CosmicCowboy
10-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Meanwhile, there's word that the 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, is mourning the death of an uncle.

Todd Nelson, who helped raise an infant Eminem when his biological father abandoned the family, committed suicide at his home in Michigan on Tuesday, London's Daily Mirror reports.

The 42-year-old Nelson shot himself in the head while sitting in his car in his backyard. He had supposedly become depressed in recent days following an altercation with a sheriff involving a dog.

But the hip-hopster's grandmother, Betty Kreslin, told the Mirror, "I'm so heartbroken, I don't know if I can handle this as well. He'll be buried next to my Ronnie."

Nelson is the second member of Eminem's family to die by his own hand. The rap star's other uncle, Ronnie Mathers, killed himself last year after a bad break-up with his girlfriend.

hopefully this sorry fuck will emulate his role models and eat his pistol too...

Spurminator
10-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm no longer bothered by what politically unaware celebrities have to say... They have as much a right to uneducated opinions as the guy sitting behind me on the train today. The difference is, that guy didn't have Rolling Stone Magazine reporting his opinions as though they are somehow important or relevant.

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Who gives a fuck what Eminem says? He's not a political scientist.

mysterious_elf26
10-22-2004, 11:20 AM
The ignorance that plagues the entertainment industry knows no bounds...

Why do you conservatives always suggest change in the constitution?

First an amendment to ban gay marriage, now do you all want to impliment censorship and take away our freedom of choice too?

I didn't hear you all bitching when the Vietnam Vets for Truth openly critisized Future President John Kerry's war record.

Samurai Jane
10-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Why do you conservatives always suggest change in the constitution?

First an amendment to ban gay marriage, now do you all want to impliment censorship and take away our freedom of choice too?

I didn't hear you all bitching when the Vietnam Vets for Truth openly critisized Future President John Kerry's war record.

Did I say anything about censoring him? No.

Spurminator
10-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Why do people like you always imply that criticism of what someone says is the same thing as censorship?

Am I censoring you by saying I think you're a dumbass who should read more carefully?

whottt
10-22-2004, 11:28 AM
hopefully this sorry fuck will emulate his role models and eat his pistol too...
:rollin

Shelly
10-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Did I say anything about censoring him? No.

Ditto---Maybe he should be more informed before he opens his mouth.

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Ditto---Maybe he should be more informed before he opens his mouth.

Why should he be?

SpursWoman
10-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Never stopped you, has it?

FromWayDowntown
10-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Maybe eminem should find a good web forum to post his political viewpoints. . . .

:angel

Shelly
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Why should he be?

Being informed is a good thing.

I just got done voting.

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Being informed is a good thing.

I just got done voting.

I agree...but he doesn't have to be informed. He can look like a fool if he wants to.

Useruser666
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I can hear the chant now.

Be dumb!
Be confused!
Be proud!

Don't be idiophobic! Erase the hate!

Duff McCartney
10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
I can hear the chant now.

Be dumb!
Be confused!
Be proud!

Don't be idiophobic! Erase the hate!

Like I said before..ignorance is a choice....not something you are born with.

CosmicCowboy
10-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Like I said before..ignorance is a choice....not something you are born with.

very profound considering it is coming from the posterchild for ignorant choice.

dcole50
10-22-2004, 03:08 PM
eminem is gasping for attention as usual. sick of hearing about what a "talented" lyricist he is. he's a homophobic idiot.

timvp
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
:lmao

You people just don't get it. His job is to sell records. He'll do whatever it takes to get that done. I don't think he'd sell a lot of records by rapping about how JFK2's health care system will undoubtedly tax the middle class.

Getting mad at an entertainer for entertaining is damn funny. It's about as big a waste of time as actually listening to what they have to say in the first place.

Opinionater
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
IMHO, Eminem is just expressing his via his music, as terrible as some may think it is.

Samurai Jane
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I really couldn't care less about Eminem, it's more of the same ol' as far as I'm concerned.. I was more disgusted with KRS One's statements on 9/11.

timvp
10-22-2004, 03:44 PM
All entertainers want is for their name to be in the headlines. They'll do/say whatever it takes.

Most of the time, they don't even come up with what they are going to say. They just want to be heard so their name is brought up. I wouldn't even legitimize it enough by calling it their opinion.