PDA

View Full Version : UK Foils Terrorist Plot...UK Threat Level is "Critical"

SoCalSpursFan
08-10-2006, 04:06 AM
I would post a link, but if you havn't heard about it by now...turn on any news channel or go to any website w/news...it will be there...

It will be interesting to see the fallout from this...

Edit: Ok, ok...here is a link to the developing story: UK Foils Terror Plot (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/)

dougp
08-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Looks like they've raised ours and started banning things on flights again, including drinks.

I heard it briefly when my alarm came on this morning ... interesting stuff.

PAWW
08-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Nothing liquid based allowed on flights now, no toothpaste, mouthwash, perfume etc.

CharlieMac
08-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Liquid bomb deals? Someone get me John McClane!

gospursgojas
08-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Damn my best friend, who's in the Army is flying to Germany from DC today

CubanMustGo
08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
What I understand is that flights from the UK to the US are currently impacted the most. Outgoing flights should be OK.

E20
08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Terrorism

midgetonadonkey
08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
bullshit

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-10-2006, 10:06 AM
UK Terror Briefing on C-SPAN now. John Reid, British Home Secretary

Human loss of "unprecedented scale..."

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Live coverage at BBCs Web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm (Live video)

sa_butta
08-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Work is hell today. Damn terroists. Why couldnt they do this shit on my day off?

T Park
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Good job Brits, way to catch the bastards :tu

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-10-2006, 10:54 AM
It's probably just a plot by the folks at Gillette to get men to have to buy new shaving kits and increase sales of the Quattro.

sa_butta
08-10-2006, 11:19 AM
It's probably just a plot by the folks at Gillette to get men to have to buy new shaving kits and increase sales of the Quattro.
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/guinness_commercial.jpg
BRILLIANT!!!!

IceColdBrewski
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
They're not killing us, but they're making air travel suck a whole lot more. Pretty soon you won't be able to board a plane unless you have no carry-on luggage and empty pockets. Not to mention having to get to the airport 3 hours early just to get through all the security crap.

But lets not forget, it's still all Bush's fault that we're losing some of our liberties. :rolleyes

Way to go Brits. Chalk one up for our team. :tu

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow, I can't believe that a terror plot wasn't busted up @ the Mexcian border since all the dumbass Pugs in DC think that is the highest priorty border with all the terrorists that have been busted there in the past. :rolleyes

This incident is yet add'l proof that once again, the biggest threats are in the northern entry points. But hey, as long as money can be wasted let's do it down south. :rolleyes

AlamoSpursFan
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM
So what is the current terror alert level?

Should I get a helmet yet? Or are we already to "Put on the damn helmet" level?

http://www.sheas.org/images/Events/RonWhite/RonWhite.JPG

DirkAB
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Wow, I can't believe that a terror plot wasn't busted up @ the Mexcian border since all the dumbass Pugs in DC think that is the highest priorty border with all the terrorists that have been busted there in the past. :rolleyes

This incident is yet add'l proof that once again, the biggest threats are in the northern entry points. But hey, as long as money can be wasted let's do it down south. :rolleyes

OK genius, so we loosen the policies down south, what do you think will happen? They will starting trying to attack from the south.

T Park
08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
This incident is yet add'l proof that once again, the biggest threats are in the northern entry points. But hey, as long as money can be wasted let's do it down south

so we should continue to allow illegal aliens to enter and strain and drain our economy?

Intelligent..

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM
so we should continue to allow illegal aliens to enter and strain and drain our economy?

Strain & Drain, such awesome foresight!
Yeah, illegals command such a high wage they will certainly strain & drain. :rolleyes

Ken Lay sure as hell strained & drained.
What border did he cross?
Damn Pugs wouldn't know a wrong if it was 1ft up their ass.

Just ignore the northern ports & cry when another terrorist act happens. :rolleyes
Intelligent.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
The suspects arrested in an airline bomb plot in Britain on Thursday had planned to conceal liquid or gel explosives inside a modified sports beverage drink container and trigger the device with the flash from a disposable camera, ABC News reported on its Web site.

The network, citing U.S. sources, also said five additional suspects in the airline bomb plot foiled by British police were still at large and being sought.

"The plotters planned to leave the top of the bottle sealed and filled with the original beverage but add a false bottom, filled with a liquid or gel explosive," ABC said. "The terrorists planned to dye the explosive mixture red to match the sports drink sealed in the top half of the container."

Pretty crazy.

cheguevara
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM

Intelligent..

yeah, much more intelligent is to beleive the illegal immigrants are straining the economy of the US :rolleyes

E20
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Pretty crazy.
That's Macgyver-esque.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/viihde/henkilot_ja_yhtyeet/ulkomaalaiset/341384.jpg

"Get this motherfucking shampoo off my motherfucking plane!"

AlamoSpursFan
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/viihde/henkilot_ja_yhtyeet/ulkomaalaiset/341384.jpg

"Get this motherfucking shampoo off my motherfucking plane!"

Post. Of. The. Year.

:lmao

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
OK genius, so we loosen the policies down south, what do you think will happen? They will starting trying to attack from the south.

Not loosen.
Why don't we raise the attention we're giving to the N that we do to the S?
Wow! What a feakin' idea!

PakiDan
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Not loosen.
Why don't we raise the attention we're giving to the N that we do to the S?
Wow! What a feakin' idea!

Yeah!

T Park
08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
much more intelligent is to beleive the illegal immigrants are straining the economy of the US

yes, the illegal immigrant's familys that are here in the us on welfare, and using government medical aid, and public schools stretching them to the limits, are not doing a damn thing.

How silly.

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 10:25 PM
yes, the illegal immigrant's familys that are here in the us on welfare, and using government medical aid, and public schools stretching them to the limits, are not doing a damn thing.

How silly.

Oh my gosh! How could I be soooooo shallow.
We need to save money & NOT lives then right? What's a few thousand lives then, right? :rolleyes

T Park
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Save all the lives you want.

Not at the expense of the health care system, public schools, and my tax dollars.

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Save all the lives you want.

Not at the expense of the health care system, public schools, and my tax dollars.

Yeah, you're supreme intelligence reigns supreme.
So you want to shy away from the Northern border's security & prefer to stop illegals rather than stop terrorists.
Hmmm, save $$$ but fuck the WTC & all future terrorists targets.
Wow, you are so the guru! :rolleyes

T Park
08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
So you want to shy away from the Northern border's security & prefer to stop illegals rather than stop terrorists.
Hmmm, save $$$ but fuck the WTC & all future terrorists targets.
Wow, you are so the guru

Wanna link me to the post where I said ignore the northern border chief?

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
You can read the thread above right?
At least I'm giving you cred that you can man.

T Park
08-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah I can.

No where did I say ignore the northern border.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 10:43 AM

I think I CLEARLY am speaking of Terrorists AND Northern entry points/border.

You then comeback that money is better than lives.
MENSA material man, pure genius.
============================================

IceColdBrewski
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as ironic or not, but the brits seem to have used means and methods to discover/follow/foil the plot that are being criticized by the Democrats here in the US.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as ironic or not, but the brits seem to have used means and methods to discover/follow/foil the plot that are being criticized by the Democrats here in the US.

I've never been so blind & moronic to have voted straight ticket in my life but trust the Dems much more than the "Put America back in a Financial Hole" Pugs.
I'm very much for what means/methods the UK did/used. :clap When it comes to my country I feel valid means/methods are a necessity.

T Park
08-11-2006, 01:32 PM

Heaven forbid you look at muslim arabs.

I mean, that would be wrong to think they would possibly be a terrorist.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Heaven forbid you look at muslim arabs.

I mean, that would be wrong to think they would possibly be a terrorist.

Has that happened before?
When?