PDA

View Full Version : Live Draft advice

Lebowski Brickowski
08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm a 2nd year commissioner but this is the first live draft we're having in my fantasy football league. Does anyone have any advice on how to run a live draft without paying for a draft board? I'm wondering about the best ways to list the picks and also how to avoid having managers pick players who have already been picked. Has anybody run a live fantasy football draft before? Any advice for a newbie?

rayray2k8
08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
What site are you using to run your draft?
Is it yahoo, sportsline, espn's, what?

williemoonshine
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
In the past I have just gone and got some poster board and made my own draft board however that can become a royal pain in the butt so I decided this year to purchase a draft board. Or you can be real cheap and just write them down round by round as teams pick and it there is a discrepency just check the list.

Lebowski Brickowski
08-10-2006, 03:32 PM
ray --The league is through Yahoo but we're doing our own draft.
And thanks for the tips willie. I'm looking to go cheap.

FromWayDowntown
08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I'd have each owner state his pick, have a draft administration (the commissioner probably) state to the whole group what that pick was, and then keep a master list that has every pick written down in order. If owners think there is a discrepancy or want to know if a player is available, they can check the master list.

If you want to give every owner a chance to keep track of those things, make copies of an empty version of the master sheet, distribute them before the draft starts to each owner, and tell them to keep track of the picks as they are made.