PDA

View Full Version : we know this guy too...(sally blackwell)

mookie2001
08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/old_front/story/3629772p-4196374c.htm (http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/old_front/story/3629772p-4196374c.html)
BREAKING NEWS (updated 8:46 p.m.): Jeffrey Grimsinger arrested, charged with the capital murder of CPS Director Sally Blackwell
August 10, 2006
Advocate Staff Report
Mixed Media (http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/old_front/story/3629772p-4196374c.html#mixed)

Victoria -- Jeffrey Frank Grimsinger, 23, was arrested today on a warrant signed by 377th District Judge Robert Cheshire charging him with capital murder in connection with the kidnapping and death of Sally Ann Blackwell.
http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/ips_rich_content/344-Jeffrey_Grimsinger_sm2.jpg Contributed photo
Jeffrey Grimsinger

Advertisement

At the time of the murder Blackwell was employed as a director with the Texas Child Protective Services Office in Victoria.

Sheriff T. Michael O’Connor said he remains steadfast in his previous comments when he stated “I have said that I don’t just want an arrest, I want a conviction.”

Grimsinger is presently being held in Victoria County Jail without bond.

Mary Allaway, Blackwell's sister, said Thursday night from Austin, “Well, I’m thankful an arrest has been made. It’s shocking. I don’t want to say a lot about it at this point.” Upon hearing an arrest had been made, Allaway’s heart raced, she said. “I’m not clear on my emotions right now, to tell you the truth. I didn’t suspect Jeffrey.”

To cope with her younger sister’s death, Allaway visualizes that Blackwell “is with the Lord in Heaven, and she’s at peace. I know she’s OK. That’s how I deal with it. We all die.” She said she was close with her sister for many years.

“I imagine there will be more to deal with,” she added, referring to a potential trial. “And we all knew that there would be.”

Blackwell was the South Texas Child Protective Services regional supervisor, and Patrick Crimmins, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services said Thursday an immense sense of relief is being felt throughout the entire agency now that an arrest has been made.

“I heard about it from the sheriff’s office a couple hours after the arrest was made and just felt absolute relief. In terms of a criminal investigation, finally coming to an arrest hasn’t taken that long. But it seemed like an extremely long time at the agency, especially considering she was so well-known and respected.” Crimmins said. “Sally was a long time employee with Child Protective Services and extraordinarily gifted in her field of child welfare. She was an inspiration to those she worked for and with, and even for those who worked in the agency and didn’t have the benefit of her friendship will be extremely relieved.”

Crimmins added that at the time of her death, great shock was felt throughout the agency and stuck with most employees for months following the death.

“It’s a little bittersweet. It reminds us all about what happened, but then again, it’s a relief to finally have someone to hold responsible,” Crimmins said.

In the weeks following Blackwell’s death, Crimmins said, immediate concern was felt within the agency over whether the death was job-related.

“To a degree, we’re also relieved to find out that the case wasn’t job-related. By nature, this is a hazardous job, with our employees constantly in contact with people who are not in the best state of mind, and at times we have to remove their children from their home, which can be dangerous,” Crimmins said. “After Sally died, we immediately began to review our employee safety training, which we did find to be adequate. But it’s still nice to know that it wasn’t related at all to Sally’s job.”

Through the concerted efforts of multiple agencies including the Victoria County Sheriff’s Office, Victoria Police Department, Victoria County Criminal District Attorney, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety, Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Attorney General’s Office, the arrest was made.

he wasnt our friend or anything

2Blonde
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Any word on why he killed her????

mookie2001
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
his father once dated her, thats all i know

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Good God Mook!

I don't think I'll be hanging with you V-Towners man!

Kori Ellis
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
he wasnt our friend or anything

Yeah right!

LaMarcus Bryant
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
holy fucking shit he is charged with murder????

we were not friends with this guy; however we did buy shit from him a few times. That shorthanding bastard.

emo serb
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
explain for me please.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Holy shit I can't believe he killed that chick, didn't her death make national news?

Mr Dio
08-10-2006, 11:23 PM
holy fucking shit he is charged with murder????

we were not friends with this guy; however we did buy shit from him a few times. That shorthanding bastard.

Dude, I'm starting to think that V-Town is a very dangerous place for my naive ways. :angel

mookie2001
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
they have little ruth

ShoogarBear
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
So now which ones of the V-town boyz haven't been arrested yet?