PDA

View Full Version : Personal Trainer sent overseas for Ian Mahinmi

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 03:37 AM
...a personal trainer was sent overseas to help Ian become stronger for the NBA. don't know if this means they would like to bring him over next year or the year after. but i think this is a good sign and something we can all agree was needed.

Good Stuff!

Sense
08-11-2006, 03:47 AM
This will make me sleep better at night... thanks.

polandprzem
08-11-2006, 04:20 AM
ON

(Old news)

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 04:29 AM
ON

(Old news)

how can it be old news? you may have known they were going to do it. but it only happened about a week or so ago. and the trainer is one of my best friends.

polandprzem
08-11-2006, 04:32 AM
a week or so ago

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 04:36 AM
...well, whatever. he is going to do a great job, btw.

Bruno
08-11-2006, 04:48 AM
and the trainer is one of my best friends.

I've a question for you : What is his name ?
Some french news have said Chris Sullivan and others Chris Williams.
I've read too that he will trained the whole team (Pau Orthez).
Do you know how long will he stay in France ?

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 04:53 AM
I've a question for you : What is his name ?
Some french news have said Chris Sullivan and others Chris Williams.
I've read too that he will trained the whole team (Pau Orthez).
Do you know how long will he stay in France ?

1. his name is Chris Sullivan
2. we went to Alamo Heights and played football and ran track together
3. i don't know if he will train the whole team, cannot remember
4. he does not even know how long he will stay in France

...of course i have not talked to him since he got to France, he might know more now. luckily, the Spurs payed for his girlfriend to go as well.

Bruno
08-11-2006, 05:07 AM
1. his name is Chris Sullivan
2. we went to Alamo Heights and played football together and ran track together
3. i don't know if he will train the whole team, cannot remember
4. he does not even know how long he will stay in France

...of course i have not talked to him since he got to France, he might know more now. luckily, the Spurs payed for his girlfriend to go as well.

Thanks.
French news have said that he will train the whole team (it wasn't a question :) ).

BTW, your friend should enjoy his stay. Pau-Orthez is a nice place : close to the see, close to mountains and the food is really good in this area. He will not have too difficulties to communicate with the head coach because he is from Canada and speak english, not french.

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks.
French news have said that he will train the whole team (it wasn't a question :) ).

BTW, your friend should enjoy his stay. Pau-Orthez is a nice place : close to the see, close to mountains and the food is really good in this area. He will not have too difficulties to communicate with the head coach because he is from Canada and speak english, not french.

WORD!!

i thought they wouldve bought over eddy curry and his cheese burgers....

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 05:16 AM
Thanks.

sweet! that is good to know. Chris is pretty excited about the opportunity. he was interning as an assistant trainer with the Spurs this past year and his one year was up in August. i think he will have a wonderful time!

...its funny, he told me i should do the assistant trainer intern before he applied for the job....and look, now he is in France as a trainer for a professional club. ha ha, funny how life works.

Bruno
08-11-2006, 05:17 AM
WORD!!

Sea :)

i thought they wouldve bought over eddy curry and his cheese burgers....

cheese burgers :lol
We speak about good food : fois gras, cassoulet and good wine.

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Sea :)

cheese burgers :lol
We speak about good food : fois gras, cassoulet and good wine.

mmm...fois gras, and good wine is always nice. i'll have Chris send me back some!

Bruno
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
For people curious to see what Chris Sullivan looks like :
http://www.elan-bearnais.fr/equipe/20062007/DSC00709teamreprise.JPG
He is on the left in the first row with black clothes.
Mahinmi has the number 14 (middle, second row).

dougp
08-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok, Ian is tall - who the HELL is that next to him? Cause that SOB has a few inches on him.

Bruno
08-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok, Ian is tall - who the HELL is that next to him? Cause that SOB has a few inches on him.

Alexis Ajinça. He is one of the best french prospect : 7'0" or 7'1", born in 1988, athletic. He needs to gain muscle and he is still raw but he has a scary upside and should be a lotery pick in a future draft.

johngateswhiteley
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM

Chris is about 5'8", if that helps.

dougp
08-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Alexis Ajinça. He is one of the best french prospect : 7'0" or 7'1", born in 1988, athletic. He needs to gain muscle and he is still raw but he has a scary upside and should be a lotery pick in a future draft.
I thought Ian was 6'11" or so? Guy looks a few inches unless Ian is slacking in the knees during the photo.

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2006, 02:25 AM
I thought Ian was 6'11" or so? Guy looks a few inches unless Ian is slacking in the knees during the photo.
yes blame it on the knees.....never masturbate b4 a photoshot....

SpursIndonesia
08-15-2006, 03:26 AM
Yep, Ian looks about 4-5 inches shorter than Ajinca in that picture, while standing next to him in the second row. http://forum.chip.co.id/images/smilies/extra/ask.gif

Bruno
08-15-2006, 04:26 AM

It's difficult to compare size on a picture like that. As an example, Mahinmi feet are spaced : he should lost something like one inch because of that.

6'11" is maybe too much for Mahinmi, 6'10" seems more acurate : Ludden has said that he was almost 6'11" in one of his article and then has said that he was still 6'10". Pau's website lists him at 6'10".
BTW, 6'10" or 6'11" isn't a big factor : Mahinmi is big enough to be a legit PF in nba.

dougp
08-15-2006, 07:47 AM
It's difficult to compare size on a picture like that. As an example, Mahinmi feet are spaced : he should lost something like one inch because of that.

6'11" is maybe too much for Mahinmi, 6'10" seems more acurate : Ludden has said that he was almost 6'11" in one of his article and then has said that he was still 6'10". Pau's website lists him at 6'10".
BTW, 6'10" or 6'11" isn't a big factor : Mahinmi is big enough to be a legit PF in nba.
Yah, he has a huge wingspan ... We'll see though, hopefully next year though wouldn't the Spurs play him as a center cause of Duncan?

Bruno
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
wouldn't the Spurs play him as a center cause of Duncan?

Duncan is a center. :)
A reason why Mahinmi has chosen Pau's team is that they have said that he will play C and some PF, other teams wanted to use him at C only. To me, his nba position is PF not C.