PDA

View Full Version : Top NCAA Football Teams not to Repeat

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 04:15 AM
http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/College_Football_last_year_top_teams_-2354.asp

...this is a good read, whether you agree with the predictions or not. and is why i have t.u lower in the rankings....and while i believe Ohio State is going to be good, going undefeated is unlikely. they do, however, provide good reasoning as to why my beloved Trojans will fall as well.

my predictions:

1. USC 0-1 loss, strong defense and still many playmakers on offense
2. Ohio State 1 loss
3. t.u. 2 losses, defense makes up for lesser offense
4. lsu 2 losses, sec is brutal

NoMoneyDown
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM

USC gets two losses - minimum. QB, RB, and backup RB all gone. Other holes need filled - quickly.

2. Ohio State 1 loss

Agreed.

The loss of Taylor and Young will be huge, no doubt, but so will the loss of Oklahoma's two starters (OU and tOSU were TExas' only main threats this year). IF Texas can get by tOSU, they'll go undefeated.

SEC brutal? LMAO! Everyone thought they would kick ass last year and WVU sent them a wake-up call.

MajorMike
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Less can't catch his way out of a wet paper bag... I say 3 losses min for LSU. They are this year's Tennessee last year.

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM

USC gets two losses - minimum. QB, RB, and backup RB all gone. Other holes need filled - quickly.

2. Ohio State 1 loss

Agreed.

The loss of Taylor and Young will be huge, no doubt, but so will the loss of Oklahoma's two starters (OU and tOSU were TExas' only main threats this year). IF Texas can get by tOSU, they'll go undefeated.

SEC brutal? LMAO! Everyone thought they would kick ass last year and WVU sent them a wake-up call.

1. are you talking about WVU beating Georgia? otherwise, lsu did not play wvu

2. t.u. still has to play nebraska, texas tech, and texas a&m. and while those may be laughers to you...they are anything but a gimmee. especially since A&M has gotten better and t.u. worse, plus rivalries are rivalries. it is a big advantage the game is in austin, of course.

degenerate_gambler
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM

Gotta disagree with you on this one. The SEC was 30-12 in their non conf. games last year, although they did just go 3-3 in their bowl games. Plus they ended the year with I believe, 5 teams in the final Top 25.

Most still remember WV jumping out to big lead early, but Georgia got it to 31-28 and ended up losing 38-35. So it wasn't a blowout by any means.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Condoms gotta play UCLA, big rival for SC.
Condoms gotta play an underrated ND squad that SC beat with a last second illegal push.
Condoms have questionable o-line.
Condoms have more questions @ QB because JDB has very little experience & none that mattered in a game.
Condoms have a dinged QB-JDB & a QB with even less experience than McCoy or Snead. McCoy & Snead have gotten major reps with 1st teamers while Sanchez holds JDB's clipboard & water bottle.

Too many questions won't equal your second BCS Championship. Sorry, facts are there.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Longhorns Playmakers

---> JCharles, only an avg of 7.4 yds.
---> SOLID o-line, ranked pretty high with PSteele I believe.
---> Return all 3 top WRs. Sweed/Cosby/Pittman
---> Jermichael Finley, remember that name.
---> J Shipley, you've heard the name & this yr you will see him on the field.

johngateswhiteley
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Condoms gotta play UCLA, big rival for SC.
Condoms gotta play an underrated ND squad that SC beat with a last second illegal push.
Condoms have questionable o-line.
Condoms have more questions @ QB because JDB has very little experience & none that mattered in a game.
Condoms have a dinged QB-JDB & a QB with even less experience than McCoy or Snead. McCoy & Snead have gotten major reps with 1st teamers while Sanchez holds JDB's clipboard & water bottle.

Too many questions won't equal your second BCS Championship. Sorry, facts are there.

1. the Trojans don't have a questionable OL, they have a very good one. see the url below:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=557433

...thats two preseason all-americans on the o-line. sam baker first team and ryan kalil second.

2. ND had two weeks to prepare, grew the turf a foot, was at home, and it was a rivalry. yeah, it was close...so what

3. the Trojans have less questions at QB than do the longhorns...your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. but as for winning a national title, yeah, Booty better be darn good

4. McCoy never got reps with the first teamers last year...read below

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=529837

5. if it does come down to freshman QB, b/c Booty gets hurt or something, Sanchez was ranked higher than Snead or McCoy

NoMoneyDown
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Gotta disagree with you on this one. The SEC was 30-12 in their non conf. games last year, although they did just go 3-3 in their bowl games. Plus they ended the year with I believe, 5 teams in the final Top 25.

Most still remember WV jumping out to big lead early, but Georgia got it to 31-28 and ended up losing 38-35. So it wasn't a blowout by any means.

The thing about last year's Sugar Bowl is that people had Georgia pegged to kick the livin sh*t outta WVU. Everyone was saying WVU had no business even being in a BCS bowl game (ironically, some are saying the same thing this year). Whether WVU beat them by 3 or 33 doesn't make a bit of difference. The point being is that a Big East squad beat the SEC champion - period.

To be honest, I think bowl games are for the most part don't do the teams justice. Some teams have to wait over a month between their last game and the bowl game to play. Anything can happen during that span - mentally and physically.

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
1. the Trojans don't have a questionable OL, they have a very good one. see the url below:
That's really nice. Kalil (2nd team, NOT 1st team) has to support the man to his left AND right & neither has a start. I think one even has had 2 surgeries & 1 was on the hip. Not a good thing for an OL.

2. ND had two weeks to prepare, grew the turf a foot, was at home, and it was a rivalry. yeah, it was close...so what
Excuses are really nice. I see the Condoms use them when they cheat (like vs ND) & when they lose (like vs UT the National Champs). Illegal push is a fact. BOTH teams had to play on the grass, it wasn't cut when ND's O took the field. From what I hear Pete C is the God of football & could win with 1 day to prep.

3. the Trojans have less questions at QB than do the longhorns...your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. but as for winning a national title, yeah, Booty better be darn good
Condoms have too many questions @ QB. JDB has been there how many yrs & never could crack the starting lineup? Where was JDB ranked as opposed to Leinart? That should tell you something about false hopes tied to being overrated.

4. McCoy never got reps with the first teamers last year...read below
Go to Orangebloods or any other site that actually has reps @ the practices. McCoy has more experience than Sanchez & none of the off the field baggage or accusations.

5. if it does come down to freshman QB, b/c Booty gets hurt or something, Sanchez was ranked higher than Snead or McCoy

We all saw what being a #1 all season meant when UT tore the Condoms in 2006 Rose Bowl. Rank all you want BEFORE the game, it is the FINAL SCORE that matters in football.

Reality is harsher to those who have no or little sense of realism.

scott
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
USC, 3-4 losses
UT, 2-3 losses
Ohio State, 2 losses
LSU, 2 losses

mookie2001
08-11-2006, 08:19 PM
usc, 0.0 -0.5 losses

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
:lol

Mr Dio
08-11-2006, 11:47 PM
:lol notre dame let grass grow??!!!!!!!!!! :lol and atm is not better than last year SORRY SENOR AGGY GONBE MISSING REGGIE MCNEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, that was so funny I think I spit!
Yeah, grass never grows around these parts but damn, that's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaching! :lol

johngateswhiteley
08-13-2006, 08:13 AM
:lol notre dame let grass grow??!!!!!!!!!! :lol and atm is not better than last year SORRY SENOR AGGY GONBE MISSING REGGIE MCNEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you even watch football?

1. yes notre dame let the turf grow to help neutralize USCs speed. if it was not worth doing i don't think Weis and company would have done it

2. A&M will be better than last year, but don't take my word for it....just wait and see

3. Reggie McNeal, though more talented, is not a better QB for A&M than McGee will be. McNeal would have had more success at a school such as USC or maybe Florida...with receivers that can actually catch

4. every single time McGee played the TEAM was outstanding:

vs SMU: 3-3 for 56 yards, 2 rushes 20 yards
vs CU: 9-15 for 112 yards, 2 rushes 15 yards
vs OSU: 3-3 for 32 yards, 3 rushes 13 yards
vs OU: 0-6, 10 rushes 67 yards
vs t.u.: 9-23 for 83 yards and 1 int., 24 rushes for 108 yards

...while his stats are not amazing, the TEAM's outcome when he plays is outstanding. he is a leader and fierce competitor. if you compile his stats for the year he is:

24-53 for 283 yards 2 tds, 43 rushes for 235 yards 2 tds

...not bad for a guy coming off the bench, not to mention the overall results. he is just a winner.