PDA

View Full Version : Good Eats & Feasting on Asphault

dougp
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Anyone else a big Alton Brown fan? I've been watching him since he came on, and the show is very interesting due to how he combines the whole food & science thing.

His new show is cool too, but I could have done with out the big bites into pickled pigs feet & pork-brain sandwich. :vomit:

T Park
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
lol

yeah, a friend of mine got me into Alton Brown, and Ive started watching the other shows, but by far and away my favorite is Good Eats, and Feasting on Asphault is a cool show as well.

But the way they film feasting on Asphault, its like, damn those guys eat alot :lol

dougp
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
lol

yeah, a friend of mine got me into Alton Brown, and Ive started watching the other shows, but by far and away my favorite is Good Eats, and Feasting on Asphault is a cool show as well.

But the way they film feasting on Asphault, its like, damn those guys eat alot :lol
Yah I know - and on the last one, at the BBQ place, did you see how much they ordered? It was almost the entire freakin menu.

T Park
08-11-2006, 12:55 PM
The drive in, in the first episode was the one where I said holy shit!

I mean damn...

BTW, Good Eats is prob the only cooking show, that I have on season pass.

outside of it being a good cooking show, its a funny show, but it also is educational in the sense of animals, and what we eat and what not.

Summers
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I love Good Eats! It sounds corny, but I always learn how to boil a better egg or make crispy pie crust or some shit like that.

T Park
08-11-2006, 02:39 PM
ive cooked his meatloaf and his slider burgers and they were both FANTASTIC!

leemajors
08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
i like the information dude gives but it annoys me to look at him.

samikeyp
08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I like Alton. Those shows are great.

Mark in Austin
08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
His Good Eats two-show "Tender is the Loin" special was epic. :lol

T Park
09-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Just finished watching Feasting on Asphalt 2, and it was as cool as the first season.

Part of what was awesome was him going through St Louis, and being close to my parent's home town, in Alton. (Highland IL is their hometown BTW)

What I pretty much gathered at why AB is so popular is that after watching the road show, hes a normal guy, that eats normal things. hes intelligent but doesnt flaunt it. He educates but doesnt preach or lecture.

Heres to hoping Alton Brown has a show forever. :toast :toast :toast