PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in America doubt that Kerry has a higher IQ than Bush?

Samurai Jane
10-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Saw this on Slate and I thought it was interesting, especially since Bush haters love to throw the Bush is an idiot/dumb/stupid/etc... argument around alot.

Click here... (http://www.vdare.com/sailer/kerry_iq_lower.htm)

whottt
10-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, I don't think either of these guys are among the smarter men ever to run for President...but intelligence isn't everything...there are a lot of smart whackos out there...there are also a lot of smart people with weak wills. I think Bush's will to win is the strongest trait posessed by either candidate in this election.

Kerry wants to be just another President, so much so that he will engage in questionable activities during a war, he is politician through and through.....and he is welcome to be President...when it's just another era in US history...

But this era is most certainly not just another era in US history....So no thanks JFK, not right now.

FWIW...I remember reading that Bush has an outstanding memory, especially when remembering names and faces.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-22-2004, 01:46 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/enough-tough.jpg

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
This grade school level attack on conservatives and Republicans from the left dates back to at least the 50s when Eisenhower's intelligence was besmerched. Nevermind, of course, the intellectual firepower exhibited in his organization and execution the liberation of continental Europe in WW2.

Why does it still make the rounds? It might have to do something with the fact that a good portion of the base of the Democrat party has yet to actually leave school.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Also, I've met plenty of brilliant people who basically suck when it comes to verbally expressing themselves.

Samurai Jane
10-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Also, I've met plenty of brilliant people who basically suck when it comes to verbally expressing themselves.

I wouldn't call myself brilliant, but based on this article, my IQ should be higher than Kerry's but I absolutely abhor public speaking.. it gives me the giggles and butterflies!!

JohnnyMarzetti
10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
This grade school level attack on conservatives and Republicans from the left dates back to at least the 50s when Eisenhower's intelligence was besmerched. Nevermind, of course, the intellectual firepower exhibited in his organization and execution the liberation of continental Europe in WW2.

Why does it still make the rounds? It might have to do something with the fact that a good portion of the base of the Democrat party has yet to actually leave school.

Oh cry me a river. What abougt the grade-school level attacks leveled by conservatives and you libertarians fling at John Kerry?

That's what I thought.

IcemanCometh
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Eisenhower wasn't much of a general, what he was, was a politician and an oppotunist. He was not responsible for winning europe, if any one general could be considered then it would probably be Omar Bradley.

Opinionater
10-22-2004, 03:30 PM
IMHO, both men are very intelligent.
It's just that Kerry shows his intelligence when he speaks and Bush shows he can't speak intelligently.

Marcus Bryant
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
This says it best:

Shortly thereafter, Eisenhower became chief of the War Plans Division (subsequently Operations Division), the office widely regarded as the brains of the Army, and threw himself into drafting basic strategy for the war against the Axis. In late February 1942, Marshall asked for a memorandum to outline for the President and the Combined Chiefs the general strategy the Allies should pursue. In response, Eisenhower drafted a document that was in effect a precis of the next three years of the war. He observed that there were many desirable objectives the alliance might pursue, but warned that the resources did not exist to tackle every problem. Instead, he wrote, it was crucial to concentrate exclusively on those operations that were necessary to defeat the Axis. In his view, such a resolutely disciplined strategic conception offered the only hope of victory.

source (http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/ike/ike.htm)

Leadership and "politics" requires some semblance of intelligence. Eisenhower had to manage a variety of egos and answer to three rather strong political leaders.