PDA

View Full Version : Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid...

Nbadan
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
...the boogey, boogey man is out to get ya! (or there's an election coming up)

August 11, 2006 8:21 AM

U.S. law enforcement sources tell ABC News the FBI is investigating new leads that involve a possible connection between people in the United States, in major east coast cities, and the London bomb plotters.

In an interview with ABC News this morning, White House Homeland Security Advisor Fran Townsend said while there is currently no indication of any plotting in the United States, she confirmed, "There are leads that the FBI is running."

ABC News (http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/fbi_investigate.html)

Connection discovered!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/gsh999/image690803x.jpg

14 of 19 911 hijackers approve!

Nbadan
08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Looks like HS advisor Fran Townsend forgot to tell HS Director Michael Chertoff about any possible U.S. connections...

No evidence of U.S.-based threat, Chertoff says

WASHINGTON - Investigators have uncovered no signs of U.S.-based terrorists linked to a plot to blow up airliners headed to the United States, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Friday.

"Currently, we do not have evidence that there was, as part of this plot, any plan to initiate activity inside the United States or that the plotting was done in the United States," Chertoff said, a day after British authorities announced the arrests of two dozen suspects.

The arrests led the Bush administration to put the U.S. on its highest threat alert on flights headed to the United States from the United Kingdom. Additionally, all other flights were raised to the second-highest alert level.

But Friday, Chertoff said his department was looking to adjust some of the new traveling restrictions - they have barred many common carry-on items such as water bottles and toiletries - to "somewhat reduce any additional inconvenience." He provided no details.

KATU (http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=88383)

Ocotillo
08-11-2006, 03:57 PM
I was sitting in a room where the TV sound was off. Fran Townsend was being interviewed. She was grinning for a good part of the interview.

She believes fear is good for her and her boss. In the past that was the case.

Hopefully the one thing people take away from this is the guy who masterminded 9-11 is still roaming free and alive while we have 130,000 troops in Iraq. I guess their purpose is to be targets because "we're fightin' 'em over there, so we don't have to fight them here"

Yesterday, shows the fallacy in that line.

Get out of Iraq and find Bin Laden!

01Snake
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
So was this something made up just for the elections Dan?? Sure seems like its always done "because" of the upcoming election.

Ocotillo
08-11-2006, 04:16 PM
So was this something made up just for the elections Dan?? Sure seems like its always done "because" of the upcoming election.

They are publicized more readily in an election year. Earlier this year we got the pack of idiots in Miami that turned out to be as dangerous as the deranged man on the street corner yelling "the end is near".

Last year.....nothing.

'04, alerts everytime Kerry bumped upward in the polls.

01Snake
08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
They are publicized more readily in an election year. Earlier this year we got the pack of idiots in Miami that turned out to be as dangerous as the deranged man on the street corner yelling "the end is near".

Last year.....nothing.

'04, alerts everytime Kerry bumped upward in the polls.

While this was a bid deal, the media is the one ramming this shit down our throats 24/7 since yesterday aren't they?

Gotta love you guys. Always looking for a political reason why things happen.
:lol

Ocotillo
08-11-2006, 05:42 PM
While this was a bid deal, the media is the one ramming this shit down our throats 24/7 since yesterday aren't they?

Indeed. The media in this country has devolved to a joke, nothing but sensationalism and stenography.

I did read a piece today about how these guys were rather careless and somewhat bumblers not unlike Richard Reid, the infamous shoe bomber. They operated differently from the 9-11 hijackers in that they colluded with one another whereas the 9-11 guys didn't know the other parties. Thankfully, the good guys were doing their jobs and got these guys.

BIG IRISH
08-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Wow, what diversity here. Peaceniks and Warmongers.

Wait, explain something to me here, what has the peace movemnet done for this country in the last, oh, 40 years?

Nothing, nadda, and well, nothing.

Warmongers, I say that with a grain of salt, according to the peacniks, is anybody who belives that peace can only be brought about by overwhelming strength in time of war.

Well guess what, the warmongers are correct. The peace movement has brought us to this moment.

We have to fight a PC war because we are hampered by the whining of the left who want to protect the bad at any cost.

Now, when I say "BAD", I mean those who want to do this country harm, and that means kill those who live here, which includes EVERYBODY!

Wow, that is amazing, huh? Those you want to protect will kill you on sight.

As for those against the Bush Administration, you have the freedom to bad mouth anybody, because warmongers made it possible.

Have fun, but realize that when you make your comments, do so with thought and please be precise.

Otherwise, those people with a different car from yours will come to know that you really have absolutly no clue what your rambling on about.

BTW, the BRITS notified us on this plot, and kept us in the loop.

We worked together on this and stopped a possible HORRIFIC incident. Please note, the airlines targeted are US based airlines, bringing home many Americans from holidays from Europe, and Europeans coming here for holidays.

Thousands of innocents would have died. If that would have happened, who would be howling the loudest?

The non-JFK Democrats would be the first in line calling for the Presidents head.

Too much to rant about, so I have to turn it off now....click....