PDA

View Full Version : DO you believe in Bigfoot?

BIG IRISH
08-12-2006, 03:39 AM
I believe that Bigfoot exists do you? The reason I beleive they do because I have seen one, and so has my aunt and uncle.

I was raised in Oregon, the great Pacific Northwest has thousands upon thousands of acres of heavy forest that provides a perfect habitat for an intelligent creature to avoid contact with man.

Before I enlisted in the Army I was a logger (lumberjack). And one time we were building a main logging road way, way, way out in the sticks.

I don't think any human being had ever been in that particular part of the woods in hundreds of years, that much was obvious to us all on the first day at this site.

One morning, as we were probing for cinder rock, I was operating a D9 Caterpiller and I saw a footprint in a small swampy area, so I hopped off the cat and examined it.

It was huge, it was a human footprint, but about four times the size of any human foot I have ever seen in my life! Of course, I got excited about it, and I called some of the guys over to look.

And I spent the day looking at it off and on. One of the guys on the crew was full blooded Klamath Indian, and he looked at it, shrugged his shoulders and said "Sasquatch" he went on to describe how his elders had relayed stories about the Sasquatch to him, how the indians beleived that Bigfoot has magical powers, they claim he lives underground, that he can turn invisible, and that he can control your mind by making you forget that you saw him.

Anyway, a couple of weeks pass, and I had not seen anymore sign, and I'd more or less forgotten about it. That day I was driving the water truck and I was on my way to the head of the spread where the belly dumps would dump their load of cinders and the blades (graders) would spread them over the cut that the road cats had cut.

We put water down on it to keep the dust down, so here I am, 19 years old driving an old Kenworth conventional cab, shifting that brownie like there was not tomorrow.

I rounded a bend where the forest cleared and opened up into typical high steppe desert terrain, two foot high straw grass, some shrubs and bushes, this plain was a couple miles across or so. And I saw something moving, I thought it was a bear, it must have been around a hundred yards or so away but it was definately moving.

I kept driving glancing at the road, shifting gears, and looking out the window at this bear. The road was taking me closer to it, although it was walking away from me, heading for the treeline on the other side of the plain.

I did get a little bit closer to it though, close enough that I could see this thing was walking upright, on two legs and pretty soon I noticed it's arms were swinging back and forth, just like a human being walks. By now, my heart is pounding, I'm breathing fast, and my adrenal gland is red lined.

I stop the truck but stay in the cab because being that high off the ground it offorded a better viewpoint. So, I open the door and get out and I jump up on the hood of the truck to get higher and I continue watching it walk, the stride was huge!

Then, I jump up on top of the cab, and I just watch it walk very quickly into the far treeline and disappear. While this was going on I didn't even notice one of the jippos had pulled up behind me (a jippo is an independant truck driver who contracts out to work with us) and when I looked back to see who it was I saw that he was also standing on the cab of his truck, but he had a set of binos!

He told me that it was a Bigfoot, that he'd bet his life on it. Its hard to say how big the thing was but we estimated it to be between 7 and 8 feet tall. To estimate it's height, I walked out to where we first saw the Bigfoot (with my 45 in hand) and the jippo looked at me through the binos and he compared how tall I appeard against the same background as the Bigfoot did.

Of course we told everyone we saw, and the guys had no problem beleiving us. Naturally we got a good ribbing about smoking dope on the job or something.

Up till that day I had been somewhat skeptical that Bigfoot actually existed. But like thousands of other eye witnesses, I know what I saw and there is no way that it was some kind of wild life that looked like a Bigfoot, it was a Bigfoot, no doubt about it.

About five years ago, my uncle and aunt who own a home in Klamath Falls, OR but lived in Auburn WA at the time were driving home on one of the holidays.

They were on a two lane state highway somewhere in southern Oregon, it was late at night and very dark. They came around a corner, and suprised a Bigfoot that was standing on the side of the road.

The drove by it so fast, it happend so quickly; they looked at each other and my uncle says to my aunt. "Was that what I thought it was?" She said yes that she thought so. So they turned the car around and drove back to where they saw it, but it was gone.

My uncle shut the engine off and got out of the car, with his rifle in hand. He said that the silence was almost total, he said that all he heard were crickets. And, the sound of something crashing through the thick under brush, he said he heard the sound of foot steps. He told me that they listend untill the sound disappeared and drove the rest of the way home.

I firmly beleive that Bigfoot exists, there is just too much circumstantial evidence, thousands of eye witness accounts from all over the country to write it off as mass hysteria or optical illusion, also, samples of hair have been brought in for DNA testing and the result of some of them have ruled out every known animal of the region, in short, the DNA was of something we have never identified before.

I think that the Sasquatch are highly intelligent beings who stay hidden from man kind, they have ample space to live their lives undetected and it could even be that they bury thier dead and that that is why we haven't found any remains.

We'll find one alive someday, probably in our lifetime., maybe even related to mouse.

boutons_
08-12-2006, 07:18 AM
I saw the docu-drama "Harry and the Hendersons, and that's all I needed to see to convince me. At the end, they showed was a whole family of Sasquatches, proving they are a viable population.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/bamboozool2/999_temp/harry.jpg

I think God screwed up by not telling his reporters to put Sasquatch in the OT.

I'm somewhat worried about the NRA "sportsmen" hurting the Sasquatches but it was pretty obvious from the docu-drama the "Harry" is a lot more intelligent than your typical NRA gun nut.

DoubtingThomas
08-12-2006, 07:19 AM
I've read quite a few articles on Bigfoot but I'm not convinced.

BIG IRISH
08-18-2006, 03:44 AM
http://www.thestranger.com/binary/1befa83b/sonics-160.jpg Coming to Oklahoma?

Buddy Holly
08-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Big Foot is actually John Goodman when he goes hunting in the northwest.

Gerryatrics
08-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Not only do I believe the Sasquatch exist, I've come face to face with one...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/DCTORN/Squatch.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
08-18-2006, 05:43 AM
predator > big foot

Darrin
08-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Not only do I believe in big foot, I believe in big feet and I stare at them every single day (13s, 14s, depending on the brand).

IceColdBrewski
08-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Tough to say for me on this one. I'm usually a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda guy. But my Dad used to tell me stories that his Dad told him when he was growing up in Washington. One of the stories goes something like this:

His Father is out hunting for Deer/Squirrel/etc in the Washington wilderness one day with a small caliber 22 rifle. He comes across a large tree that had died and fallen to the ground. He notices what appears to be a bear on top of the fallen tree. He shoots. The creature falls off the log and out of sight. After only a few seconds, the creature springs back up and back onto the log, and is very pissed off. Only this time, the creature is now standing upright on two legs, and looks more like a "tall gorilla." Thinking that he's now facing one pissed off gorilla, he shoots again. The animal once again falls out of sight behind the log. Knowing that his small 22 is doing very little damage to such a large creature, he backs out of the area before the creature can get up again and attack. Once home, he gathers a few neighbors from the area to tell them what happened. They group arms itself and heads back to the area. They get back to the log, but all they find is a little blood on the ground, and no blood trail to follow.

I knew my Grandfather. He was always quiet and serious in his older days when I knew him. But by all accounts, he was always the quiet, serious type. Not the kinda guy who would go around making up stories about a "tall gorilla" in the woods. But like I said, he used to tell this story to his kids when he was older. Did he tell this story to scare the kids from going off into the woods and getting lost? Maybe. But I'll always wonder.

tlongII
08-18-2006, 09:42 AM
*cough* bullshit *cough*

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Bigfoot is real. That is the truth.

tlongII
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Bigfoot is real. That is the truth.

I hope you're joking.

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 09:54 AM
I hope you're joking.

You are ignorant to think otherwise.

angel_luv
08-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I've seen Big feet. :lol

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I've seen Big feet. :lol

I have big feet.

tlongII
08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
You are ignorant to think otherwise.

Dude, I have lived in the Pacific Northwest most of my life. I know what's going on around here. There is no Bigfoot. I had a buddy in college who actually made some big wood impressions of Sasquatch feet and went in the snow near Pasco, WA and made footprints! The shit was all over the news there and they never figured it out! :lol We just have some crazy country boys that will dress up in gorilla suits or lay fake tracks down sometimes to get a rise out of people.

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Dude, I have lived in the Pacific Northwest most of my life. I know what's going on around here. There is no Bigfoot. I had a buddy in college who actually made some big wood impressions of Sasquatch feet and went in the snow near Pasco, WA and made footprints! The shit was all over the news there and they never figured it out! :lol We just have some crazy country boys that will dress up in gorilla suits or lay fake tracks down sometimes to get a rise out of people.

They are fucking stupid if they put on a costume and fuck around with people and their guns.

tlongII
08-18-2006, 10:14 AM
They are fucking stupid if they put on a costume and fuck around with people and their guns.

Yep.

SpursWoman
08-18-2006, 10:14 AM
User wears a size 16, so yes, I'd say that I believe in Bigfoot. :spin

Marklar MM
08-18-2006, 10:18 AM
User wears a size 16, so yes, I'd say that I believe in Bigfoot. :spin

16...sheesh. I only got 14.

Phenomanul
08-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Dat dum there Useruser a big boy!!!! :lol

cue a classic SW inuendo joke.... :lol :lol

SpursWoman
08-18-2006, 11:05 AM
cue a classic SW inuendo joke.... :lol :lol

I'd hate to disappoint, so: "Well, I wouldn't use him as an example if your trying to dispell any myths."

:drunk

Darrin
08-18-2006, 11:21 AM
16...sheesh. I only got 14.

I, too, feel inferior now.

MrChug
08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
The reason I beleive they do because I have seen one...

...shrugged his shoulders and said "Sasquatch" he went on to describe how his elders had relayed stories about the Sasquatch to him, how the indians beleived that Bigfoot has magical powers, they claim he lives underground, that he can turn invisible, and that he can control your mind by making you forget that you saw him.

Man, I'm sorry...these have to be the funniest things I've heard in a while. It sounds like the stories that my 7 year old nephew and his friends make up! :lmao

Phenomanul
08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
I'd hate to disappoint, so: "Well, I wouldn't use him as an example if your trying to dispell any myths."

:drunk

Darn.... I tried. :lol

Sportcamper
08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Willow Creek, California - Annual Bigfoot Celebration...

Willow Creek is where the modern era of Bigfoot hunting began when a logger named Jerry Crew wandered into town one day in the 1950s with a plaster cast of a giant footprint he found around the equipment being used for logging... Since then Willow Creek has become The Bigfoot Capital of Northern California...

This tiny town, buried deep in the mountains a few hours north of San Francisco, has had the most sightings of Bigfoot anywhere in the world... As a result, each Labor Day weekend is dedicated to celebrating the life and times of Sasquatch... Enjoy a "Bigfoot Breakfast Special" at one of the few diners in town! Go to Main Street for the Bigfoot Parade featuring various floats and costumed characters honoring the manimal of the day! Head on over to the Bigfoot Ice Cream Social at the Bigfoot Museum where you'll see plaster footprints of the big guy! Head on over to the Fireman's Bigfoot Barbecue for horseshoes and chicken wings where you will be surrounded by Bigfoot aficionados... :smokin

samikeyp
08-18-2006, 04:46 PM
It's Gus's wife.

IceColdBrewski
08-18-2006, 07:11 PM
*cough* bullshit *cough*

Hey, to each his own. Believe whatever you want. Just telling the story that has been passed down. No bullshit. Like I said before, the "I'll believe it when I see it" part of me thinks it was just a "boogeyman" story that he made up to keep the youngsters from going off into the woods and getting lost or hurt. But then there's another side of me that knows people were saying "*cough*bullshit*cough" hundreds of year ago when told that the Earth was really round.