PDA

View Full Version : Despite "Serious" Talks With Heat House Signs With New Jersey

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2006, 10:43 AM
House signs with Nets
By Andrew Abramson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Former Miami Heat guard Eddie House passed on a potential opportunity to rejoin the team, agreeing to a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the New Jersey Nets.

House averaged 9.8 points per game last season for the Phoenix Suns, the second highest total of his career. He also made 123 three-pointers.

Though the Heat might be looking for help at shooting guard, House believes he will get more playing time with the Nets. House last played with the Heat in 2002-03.

"He loves Pat Riley and he loved playing for Riley, but with the Heat roster the way it is, he thought it was a better fit for him going to the Nets," said House's agent, Mark Bartlestein, who added that he didn't have any in-depth talks with the Heat about specific contract terms.

The Heat, ranked 12th in the NBA in three-pointers made, has few options at shooting guard. Gary Payton made it clear he would like to rejoin the team. Shandon Anderson is a free agent, and Derek Anderson could seek a buyout because of lack of playing time.

mavsfan1000
08-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes. It looks like the Heats backup point guard is Payton which is pretty much nothing.

PAWW
08-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I always liked House, be nice if he went back to the Kings but I guess that's not happening.:depressed

RON ARTEST
08-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I always liked House, be nice if he went back to the Kings but I guess that's not happening.:depressed
why the hell would we want or need house? we have fransisco, artest, douby, and salmons who will backup bibby at point guard.

PaceMonster
08-13-2006, 07:39 AM
wow thats a pretty stupid move of his....kidd is the starter, marcus williams is the back-up....where will he fit in playin time...i just dont see it...while in miami he coulda been back up point by the 2nd game

Bruno
08-13-2006, 08:13 AM
wow thats a pretty stupid move of his....kidd is the starter, marcus williams is the back-up....where will he fit in playin time...i just dont see it...

Nets is a good fit for House. Kidd is a big and strong PG : he can defend the opposite the opposite SG. Kidd/House is a good backcourt : House will be able to play PG en defense and SG on offense.

PG : Kidd/Williams
SG : Carter/House
is a quite good backcourt.

mabber
08-13-2006, 09:30 AM
wow thats a pretty stupid move of his....kidd is the starter, marcus williams is the back-up....where will he fit in playin time...i just dont see it...while in miami he coulda been back up point by the 2nd game

It's tough to go back to where you were onced dumped as Riley/Heat had done to him in the past. Plus, he probably doesn't want to be around Gary Payton (the guys a tool).

G-Money
08-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Good. I wouldn't want to play for the Miami Cheat either.

PaceMonster
08-13-2006, 05:14 PM
^ by your calculations, you wouldnt want to have a championship ring right