PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, CPS is coming to get me

Ocotillo
08-12-2006, 08:33 PM
My utility bills have been kind of low as of late. Late last year I installed a programmable thermostat and combined with attempted conservation methods chalked it up to that. But when my bill for July came in, I knew something had to be amiss.

Last July I had used over 1,000 kilowatts of electricity. This July my bill was $ 35.00. I only used 7 killowatts. Well I realized my meter was probably messed up and despite the low CPS bills, I gave them a call to report what I suspected.

Thing is, they were kind of horsey about it. The CSR I spoke with said they would likely go back and figure out how much I have been using since last October and bill me. I have to admit, I thought they would be grateful for my honesty.

What I am curious about is they have no way of knowing how much or how little electricity I used do they? I assume they will go by previous years usage and hit me for something like that. Does anyone know if they can tell how much I used?

The CSR said someone would come out the following week to check my meter and I was out of town that week. Sure enough, when I got back, I have a new meter.

I am still going to haggle with them about this.

Any thoughts?

Zombie
08-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I would not want to be in your shoes. Cps will not be kind to you with averaging your bill, just look at it this way, my brothers electric bill in Corpus is $500 a month.

spurschick
08-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Sometimes honesty doesn't pay. :lol

phyzik
08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I'd fight it. It wasnt your fault. Im sure if you complain enough they will let it slide.

08-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Get with one of the local news "Investigator" folks. Maybe that will fade some of the heat off you.

T Park
08-13-2006, 07:55 PM
that's what you get for trusting neocons

What once used to be a regular poster, has now dropped to troll status.

Congrats.

NorCal510
08-13-2006, 08:00 PM
nigga tpark u is a troll

01Snake
08-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Congrats.

Yep...my CPS bill increased thanks to GWB. :lol

IceColdBrewski
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Congrats.

:lol

The funny part is, he's in here talking politics when he doesn't even know the difference between the left and the right.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47841

And he also carries a nail file for some reason. :wtf http://yelims3.free.fr/Gay/Gay27.gif

leemajors
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM
i thought this was about child protective services. was i alone?

Ocotillo
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
i thought this was about child protective services. was i alone?

Good point. I didn't think of that. That CPS would be the one more likely to pursue someone. :spin

ducks
08-14-2006, 06:34 PM
call your local tv stations

they are always looking for news stories and I bet their side with you

ObiwanGinobili
08-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Call the troubleshooters!

MannyIsGod
08-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure they can legallygive you a guestimated bill. They'd have to find a way to proove thats what you used. Just because you used a certain amount last year doesn't mean you used the same amount this year. I think they should probably eat the cost unless they cna proove what you used.